OK, whose idea was it to let Michael Ballack be a studio analyst for the Euro?

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Sandon Mibut, Jun 8, 2012.

1. JG

JG Member+

Jun 27, 1999
    The Brit pundits aren't too impressive either:

Euro 2012: Dismal coverage means BBC is slipping below ITV's standards

2. psyer

psyer Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Well most of the decent/good Brit pundits work for Sky Sports. And those pundits are either England assistant coaches right now or on Al-Jazeera. BBC/ITV have had issues with pundits for awhile now. ITV does have one good one in Roberto Martinez, but they don't use him enough. Usually only for Spain matches and highlight shows. BBC will have Jurgen Klinnsman on their coverage when World Cup Qualifier is over for the US until the fall.

3. zico21

zico21 Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Jamestown, NY
    I was ready to punch Lalas in the England France post game show and I'm a 62 year old pacifist! Ballack showed great self control to not go off on him. To be fair, I think Lalas is just trying to act the part of being bigger than life. I loved Ballack's reply to England "winning" comment by Lalas, "They didn't win, they tied". I laughed when my son said it was the first time he ever felt sorry for a German.

4. Gabriel Moreno

Jun 4, 2012
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I remember Lalas being a good player in 1994. Not extraordinary, but still good.
    If I'm not mistaken, he had a good header and was somehow dangerous in the penalty area (especially on the corner kicks).
    He was not bad in defense too, he was tall and put some respect.
    He resembled a bit the style of our defender Aldair, except that Aldair had a better long pass (check that on Brazil x Holland, he passing to Romario directly from the defense), and some other qualities of course.

Actually he is the first american soccer player that I remember seeing, I'm just not sure if that's because his skills or because he looked like brazilian singer Raul Seixas, with all that long beard and hair.

[​IMG]

Brazilian singer Raul Seixas.

5. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    BBC and ITV can't compete against BSkyB (with its subscription fees) or Qatar Media/Al Jazeera Sports (with its river of petro currency.) The best British news and sports TV talent will go where the money is.