OK -- who do you want to win it all now? [R]

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by tcmahoney, Aug 17, 2002.

1. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    Washington 1-0.

Carolina 2, Atlanta 1 (OT).

So who do you want to win Founders' Cup II?

2. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    I tried voting for "I like cheese" but the damn thing gave me this...

3. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Going to do my impression of "that guy who speaks very highly of me." (aka anti All-Star)

Who cares? Hopefully something happens that nobody wins this game. There can only be one, and they were eliminated last week.

----

OK, OK, since Atlanta was denied a chance to win at home there are two scenarios:

1. Carolina completes the worst to first by winning the Founder's Cup. That would be a testament to that team, the players and the coaching staff. Also it would be their chance at the double--the regular season title and the Founder's Cup.

2. Washington also completes the turnaround, but with key players Mia and Wambach, with a little help from Siri Mullinix, who was a monster keeper in today's game.

Hopefully, it is Carolina, but if the Lady United wins then congrats to them too.

However, 2003 will be the year the Rays return to the playoffs.

4. SomebodyOrOther

SomebodyOrOther BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 8, 2002
    Over here!
    GO FREEDOM!

Gotta cheer for the greater concentration of former 'Rays, so I'm hoping it's Washington. Nice to see Jacqui get that assist today, and glad to see Cookie feeling well enough to start and go more than half a game (and play well). That having been said, I won't cry if Carolina wins, either.

5. TishaVench15

TishaVench15 New Member

Sep 29, 1999
    Florida
    I wish Nap's first thought about no team winning would come true but alas, gotta pick a team.

Either way, there will be a player that has 2 rings. James for Carolina, Cook and Little for DC.

I'll go with Carolina. They beat us in ways that are easier to swallow whereas I'm still bitter about our games vs DC. Also, Carolina has 2 Gators, DC 1. I'd like to see Wambach score, though.

Whatever. As long as there's a decent crowd and the WUSA looks good on that day. Ugh.

6. *Crazy_Chastain*

*Crazy_Chastain* New Member

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida
    Re: GO FREEDOM!

yep thats why I like Washington so much, cause of Jac and Cookie! They're just so fun to watch play too. I really want them to win it all...they're awesome!

WAR FREEDOM

7. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    I've always wanted to see a penalty shoot out go on for an incredibly long time. As a neutral in this matter, I feel it would be a suitable time for this to happen.

8. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last year's game went into PKs.

I'm hoping for a regulation or (ahem) a Golden Goal.

Unless we want to see the PK rounds go to, say, 10-10 with someone knotting in the winning kick.