Ohno death threat

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Femfa, Nov 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Femfa

Femfa New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Remember when the Korean player who scored against the U.S. at the World Cup celebrated the goal with a "reenactment" of the Ohno incident?

Those soccer players aren't the only ones who haven't forgotten.

http://espn.go.com/oly/news/2003/1121/1667712.html

What about the judges who decided the block was illegal and awarded Ohno the gold? It would seem that they would be more responsible for the outcome of that particular race.

2. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In no way am I justifying this, but I think the reason they were mad at Ohno was because he "sold" the block. He was flailing his arms to the judge and turned back to look at him. Plus, I guess they just need a scapegoat. Hard to believe that they can't forget about this damn thing already.

3. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    what a display of barbaric uneducated 3rd world sick mentality. i hope all of those stupid disgusting sea monkeys to be completely wiped out from this world. i really want to clean the world.

4. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank god for your tortured syntax--otherwise I might be able to understand your little rant.

5. bourque312

bourque312 Red Card

Oct 16, 2003
    LMFAO!! Premiums got issues. If someone took a gold medal from the US, we'd probably end up invading their country

6. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    You sure dare not land your foot here either.

7. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Koreans should really forget about that skating incident. Questionable calls happen all the time, albeit Ohno made the most of it. Too much politics got wrapped up in it. American hegemony and influence over Korea got all wrapped up in that stupid skating incident. If Koreans only know how little Americans even think about countries outside of North America, they probably wouldn't be so offended.

As for Ahn's celebration, I thought it was funny. I didn't get the impression that it was meant to be anything other than an irritating, cheeky celebration.

8. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    If you want to talk about someone getting robbed of a gold metal just ask the best boxer in the world, Roy Jones Jr.

9. topcow

topcow New Member

Nov 23, 2000
    New York