Oh Please!!!

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by 1Bri Fanatic333, Aug 28, 2002.

1. 1Bri Fanatic333

1Bri Fanatic333 New Member

Jul 12, 2000
    www.sjearthquakes.com

I just went to the team site, and they have a link in the upper left hand corner to vots for "wonder boy" as the sexiest man in the world! OH COME ON!!! That's sooooooooo sad.... I can't believe the front office approved adding that to the site!

2. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go preach it on the official landon thread.
    but also ... it's pub for the team and it's not like they're in the position to turn down free publicity.

3. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stonie mentioned this during the game. He said he had talked to Landon about it and had told Landon he would mention it during the broadcast. Stonie said Landon really wanted to win this thing and told him to go ahead and mention it. :D

4. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone else see Monday night's Nightline? It started out discussing how Kournikova has become one of the most watched tennis players and even though she hasn't won any leading matches, she brings in the viewers, mostly male. This turned to an examinaton of how athletics has to sell itself. I was surprised to hear every sport in the nation with the exception of gridiron football being called a niche sport. Everyone of them has to sell itself and sex is certainly one of the ways that it is done. While I thought of this, I thought of the pro- and anti-"Landon-as-hottie" groups that appear on this board. On one side, we seem to have soccer purists who frown on the idea of having a sexy wunderkind as poster boy and on the other side people who don't see anything wrong with having a good-looking kid as the MLS and US Soccer ad kid. Yes, it may go to somewhat of an extreme with Landon being a candidate for Cosmo's sexiest athlete, but I think it's necessary in today's world of competition between sports for a bigger share of the audience pie.

5. LvnLD10

LvnLD10 New Member

Aug 4, 2002
    San Jose, CA
    I agree Albany. Although this COSMO "Landon for sexiest man ever in the world" thing maybe a little overboard, all of the publicity Landon has brought to himself and the sport of soccer in the US is definately a positive thing. Attendance is attendance my friends, no matter what someone's motive for going to the game may be. So if Landon can attract fans in other ways than by his soccer skills, I say, keep 'em coming.

6. Quake Crazy

Quake Crazy Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Ceres Califonia
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here here! When we sell out on a regular basis we can wory about "why" people come to a match. Until then we need to be happy with every butt that's in a seat, for whatever reason they come.

7. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

I may have to scrub down with a wire brush( i feel so dirty) but I am 100% in agreement. Fans is fans. :D

8. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    Donovan didn't win....it obviously is Freddie Prinze Jr. :D

9. megs2

megs2 New Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Missouri
    That guy's hair is too spiky and styled to be Freddie's. My bet is Nick Carter.

10. FoRtUnEcOoKiE713

FoRtUnEcOoKiE713 New Member

Aug 22, 2002
    Union City, CA
    landon donovan is going to be in the next contest...he wasnt even in this first one...but yeah its probably nick carter

11. iansfavouritecopilot

Jun 21, 2002
    Hartlepool, UK
    Your right about the attendance thing.

Its not like the stats read:

Overall Att: 9,301
    Real Fans: 5,200
    Landonites : 4,101

Bums on seats, kids......isnt that one of the main issues around Spartan these days?

Sexiest man in sport? Im no expert, but I reckon Jim Curtin is a babe

12. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    My vote goes to FSU's quarterback.