Oh no you didn't!!!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Master Shake, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Master Shake

Master Shake New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Scolari For England!
    arrggghhhhhh!!!!

I opened up my itunes on my pc and a box came up saying 'importing music files' or something like that. This has never happened before. I panicked thinking something bad was happening and stopped it. I then opened it up again which it did as usual only to find i had lost about 2000 (!! :( ) songs!

All the music I put on from cd's is still there (i think), what is missing is the tunes i have downloaded (from limewire). The weird thing is is that some of my downloaded music is still there. I have a folder where i keep all my downloaded music (which appears to be intact) so if worst comes to worse i can put it back on but it will obvioulsy take me fvcking ages!

Has anyone else experienced this before? I am guessing i shouldn't have cancelled the 'importing' thing it was doing? What the hell has happened? Is there anyway you can load your tunes from your ipod onto your itunes rather than the other way round? Can i get it to import what i had again or even better 'reinstate' my itunes database to it's former glory?

Any help with this would be unbelievably welcome

Yours, a potentially sucidle itunes user.

2. Master Shake

Master Shake New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Scolari For England!
    lol, it's ok now, i am just reopening my stuff back onto itunes. It seems to have kept all the modifications i made to the song titles/Artists/Album titles etc so it's not so bad.

A mod may as well close this thread. cheers.

The morale of the story is: if when you open itunes it says 'importing' LET IT IMPORT!!