OH Boy! what a load of .....

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by jsantarita, Sep 3, 2002.

1. jsantarita

jsantarita Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Just watched MU play Middlesborough. The only thing I can say is that was one of the crappiest games of soccer I have ever seen in my life!! it gives our crappies MLS team hope!
    Playing like that MU is not going anywhere ..in england or Europe. What a load of crap!

2. jamesf24

jamesf24 New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Brighton, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just another sign that Liverpool will win the title this year! (Despite finishing like they were the Wizards Chris Brown yesterday).

James

3. Mac_Howard

Mac_Howard New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Mandurah, Perth, WA
    It was a shocker, and I say that as a Man Utd supporter :)

Ferguson really has to get this 4-4-1-1 formation out of his system and recognise that Veron needs more time than the Premiership players will allow him, if he's not to repeat last season's errors that lost him the title before 15 matches had been played.

In January he needs to sell Veron and use the money to buy a striker with pace and/or heading ability to play alongside van Nistelrooy. The 5 man midfield isn't clicking at all and he needs someone up front who can turn Beckham's crosses into goal attempts. A lone van Nistelrooy is being crowded out with defenders and is a poor target man anyway.

4. harttbeat

harttbeat Member

Dec 29, 1998
    New York
    late game give-away goals won't do you any good either... i say Arsenal.

5. kerpow

kerpow New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    I can't believe I managed to stay awake for 90 minutes. Van Nistelrooy was truly awful last night. Veron played better than usual but still didn't "fit in".

6. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The commentator helped me keep awake simply by acknowledging that the game was, as he put it at one point, "a stinker." When did he start complaining, around the 55th minute or so?

7. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hey you must have missed Brownie's cracker last Saturday against Chicago. :D

8. kygunner

kygunner New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Winchester KY USA
    I was going to post a thread pointing out the differences in the Newcastle-Pool match and The Stinker but this seems to be along the same lines. Newcastle has been live on FSW 3 times this year and have been entertaining to the end. Maybe not the results they wanted but as a third party viewer Im excited to see them on the schedule. ManUtd have been a bore in all matches Ive seen so far and I dont say this because I hate them again its as a Third party viewer. Is this Keanes fault, not being 100%, or is Fergie again confused that the 4-4-1-1 does not work. Either way I hope they keep Newcastle on the tele and keep ManU on PPV where I wont have to see them.

9. Elwood

Elwood New Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Indianapolis
    I thought the very same thing about this match.

I taped it while at work and watched it later (not knowing the result). Just dreadful. And then got to see LA-Dallas, and while I only lasted throught the 1st half (as sleep overtook me), it was much more entertaining. And no, I'm not a Galaxy fan.

Liverpool-Newcastle was so much more entertaining than ManU. I notice that next week my FSW Espanyol has Arsenal-Man City and Newcastle-Leeds. Should be 2 good matches.

10. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

yea i watched the match it was a very poor match. But wtf was the ref on?....£20000 from manu??

ref was taking the piss the game was taking the piss. But it was boro soi will never complain about thier performances. I thought we played well without really being dangerous. We missed boksic and The little fella. Manu were realy poor. They will never win anything this year. Im backing arsenal, and liverpool to finnish above them again, maybe even newcastle will. Like usually though refs are bitches and have thier tongues up manu's arse and always give any disition they claim for for them. Mike reighly...WANKER!