Oguchi Onyewu

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by Tyler66, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Tyler66

Tyler66 New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Hello, I'm an American and I support the United States soccer team. An up-and-coming defender is Oguchi Onyewu who plays for Standard de Liege in the Belgian league. Since I know little about Belgian soccer and don't have the time to skim through this forum (yeah, I did see a thread on Onyewu and on his team, but they weren't what I was looking for) I wanted to ask some questions about his play in the Belgian league. Is he one of the league's better defenders? How good is his team? Is he one of his team's better players? Thankyou.

2. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing like being lazy ;)

Seriously, check out the Liege thread. Easy reading.

3. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    There is a standard liege thread AND a thread that's called Gooch Onyewu revisited. On the YA forum there are also multiple threads.

4. Tyler66

Tyler66 New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Massachusetts
    I looked through the threads here and the Yanks Abroad forum. It seems that all American fans say he's great. I just wanted a Belgian perspective of how he's doing in your league.

5. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh! Omnikell is from belgium and is there now. We've got quite a few Belgian posters and all of them speak highly of Gooch.

6. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    I didn't see the entire match but from what I saw he really played bad against St-Truiden. He had the biggest of troubles with young Benji De Ceulaer.