Official Utah pick-up soccer thread

Discussion in 'Salt Lake Supporters Clubs' started by PumaJohnny, Jun 25, 2005.

1. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well, if you hear about an Air France flight going down, and you don't hear from me again, then you'll know what happened.... :D

2. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Knock on freaking wood man!

3. Aero

Aero Member

Feb 7, 2005
    SLC, Ut
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How late do you guys usually play?

4. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    When I've played, 8-8:30

5. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    We played some awesome pick up soccer tonight. Things got rolling at about 6:15-6:30 or so. Felony and PumaJohnny were there, and 8 people all together, also some family members watching us huff and puff. (cute little baby you have there PumaJohnny.) The facility is very muggy and hot, but I was informed from the young woman that works there that the U was going to put some AC in there within the next couple weeks. That would be a major plus to an already great facility. I'm really just happy to play there.

I'd have to say that I was the most out of shape person there......and it showed. :eek:

All of us BS'rs scored a few goals, with PumaJohnny notching the first. (I think....)

Felony definately gots some skills, as he pulled a couple crazy tricks that left me thinking, "Damn, he's better than what he tells you!" Speaking of pulling things, how's your thigh treating you Felony?

Anyway, for those who are interested, I think we've got a good thing starting here. More people are showing up every week, at least since I've been going. (only two times now.)

Gents, lace 'em up and come play!

6. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Yeah, the facility closes at 8:30 pm

7. PumaJohnny

PumaJohnny Member

Nov 30, 2001
    Draper
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great to play with you guys! Thanks for letting me join the fun.

8. Felony

Felony New Member

May 1, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    What's up Boz...

The muscle pull seems to be doing pretty good. I feel better already. When I got home to change for work I barely made it down the stairs. But I am feeling good now, and fairly confident I will be able to play next Friday. The touch feels like it's coming back, it's just too bad I hurt myself. It started feeling sore a few minutes into the game, and by the time I left I thought I was crippled for life. I think I'm getting old. I'll have to make sure I stretch out better next week. See you there!

9. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Well, if the touch feels like it's coming back, I can say from my perspective that it looks like the touch is coming back for sure.

I don't think I ever had a touch to begin with..... :D

I'm looking forward to this Friday.

10. Felony

Felony New Member

May 1, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    So who is planning on showing up tomorrow? I will be there, but I am not quite sure how effective I will be. I plan on suiting up and kicking it around a bit to see how the muscle pull is going to take it. Things feel good right now... but out there on the field is can be a whole different story. I guess we'll just have to see!

11. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    There is a small chance that I might not make it on the 12th, but will do my best to get my out of shape butt on the turf!

Will update my status tomorrow.

12. Felony

Felony New Member

May 1, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Hope to see you there man!

13. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Ugghh.....

Status for tonights pick up is not looking good. I have a buildout here at work that we have to complete by Monday. Looks like I'll be working the weekend. I would say that there is a 2 in 10 chance that I might make it. I sure hope so.

14. tabramos10

tabramos10 New Member

Jul 1, 2001
    SLC
    Not to make you guys jealous but all I have to do is call about 6 friends on any weekday and tell them we're playing soccer at a certain time that night, and the word spreads, and we always get a turnout between 5 on 5 small field to 11 on 11 full field with a couple subs, all decent players. This happens 2 or 3 times a week. Sorry I can't invite you guys though. Just thought it might warm your hearts to hear that good pickup soccer is alive and well somewhere else around this valley even if it's not public.

15. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Uh thanks for the pointless info.......... :rolleyes:

16. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Yo Felony,

Did you get some pick-up in last night? (12th)

17. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    ........I will be at the Spence-Eccles fieldhouse this Friday, Aug. 26th come hell or high water.

18. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Okay, this thread is all but dead. However, I will be at the Fieldhouse this Friday. (tomorrow)

19. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Wow, thanks SP. They are actually organizing teams and uni's and stuff. Rockin'! I'll have to hook up with them.

21. PumaJohnny

PumaJohnny Member

Nov 30, 2001
    Draper
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey - is soccer still going down on Friday nights at the U? I'm going to be in Utah in November and was hoping to play.

22. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. PumaJohnny

PumaJohnny Member

Nov 30, 2001
    Draper
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that this thread is in exile, does anyone check it? SLCBoz, Felony?

I'm going to be back in UT during November, does footy still go down at the U indoor turf field?

We should revamp this thread, get some hard and fast times by locations and repost. Any thoughts?

24. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Man, work has prevented me from getting to the Spence-Eccles fieldhouse.... :mad: :(

PumaJ, when you get in town let me know and we can set something up. I haven't seen Felony on the boards for quite some time.

25. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Are they still doing this?