Official United - Revolution POST Game Thread [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by ursula, Sep 7, 2002.

1. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    Official United-revelution POST Game Thread [R]

No trolls
    No flames
    No hope.

Minute 80 and the Revs are up 2-0. The big question is will Twellman get a hat trick?

We are one awful team.

2. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    And the answer is, YES! TT gets his hat in minute 90!

3. ignatz

ignatz New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Washington, DC
    According to the NE announcers, Ray said Twellman is nothing special. Did he really say that?

4. Mason16

Mason16 Member

Apr 11, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, Ray said he's just a poacher, nothing special. Nice going Ray. I wish we had nothing special on our team.

Skip, can you comment on the game. Any bright spots for us?

5. Kenobi

Kenobi Member

Jul 11, 1999
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And so passes another season for the train wreck that is DC United. I guess there's always hope for next year.

6. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    Well, at least TT might beat out the little anchovy for the scoring title.

Our goose is cooked.

Cooked.

I hope Nelsen is okay - he, Rimando, Milton "Shaft" Reyes, and Ben Olsen's return have been about the only bright points in an otherwise humiliating season.

We suck. Enough of this ************. Time for Ray to blow the whole ************ing team up, clean house, and start over.

And no, I'm not actually typing asterisks.

7. dadman

dadman Yo soy un papa

DC United
    United States
    Apr 13, 2001
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the NE announcers, Ray said Twellman is nothing special. Did he really say that?
    That was before the first NE game when Twellman put up two and we came back...

But the words must not taste too good going back down...

dadman

8. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    Oh the horror.

9. dadman

dadman Yo soy un papa

DC United
    United States
    Apr 13, 2001
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, the humanity.

10. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    I think for the first time this season this team completely gave up after giving up that first goal..

They pushed forward for the equalizer (which by the way is difficult to do WHEN YOU DON'T SHOOT THE FRIGGIN' BALL!!!) and made precious little effort to get back and stop Twellman (who by the way was called someone not to be worried with earlier this season by our own esteemed and knowledgable tactician Ray Hudson - umm, by my count Ray, Twellman has now bagged 6 goals against us this season in 4 games - good call there Ray) who scored on two completely open breakaways to ice the match..

A couple of problems I saw from the gitgo..

What the crap kind of starting lineup was that with McKinley of all people playing on the left wing?

Where was Quintanilla tonight?

Will Villegas ever pass the ball to an open teamate?

All these questions add up to the fact that we simply do not come to play on the road for whatever reason..

This team doesn't even deserve a sniff at the playoffs and I for one wouldn't be shocked to see us lose all 3 remaining matches by big margins..

Tonight was our Waterloo and they performed miserably..

I'd love to hear what Hudson has to say on his comments about Twellman (if Dyson or Goff has the balls to call him out on it in the press) and about how utterly inept this team is on the road..

Blech.....

11. detter7

detter7 New Member

Jun 14, 2000
    PA
    Thanks for the memories DC. I guess we'll have to try again next year...at least the players that remain. Shut out against the Revs? It's a sad day in Mudville.

12. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    Player ratings:

Rimando- 5. Nothin' great, nothin' awful
    Moreno- 3. Just think, Jaime- just three more games in a DCU uniform.
    Etcheverry- 4. Three more games for you too. Thanks for the memories.
    Olsen-4. Guy's not a forward, Ray. benny's looking pretty hard at England now.
    Convey- 4.5- Not much here either. Wonder how much his shoulder is hurting him these days. at least he has the U-20 tournament to look forward to as there at least he'll be playing for a coach who has a clue on how to make an offense. That would be Thomas Rongen.
    McKinley-3.5 He had some presence in the first half, nothing in the second. Wopnder how ray rationalizes playing ITT 90 minutes.
    Reyes-5. Lot's of hustle. He can't cover everybody's butt on defense.
    Pope- 4.5- tried to do his center forward thing but couldn't get service.
    Prideaux- 4.5- Normal Brandon game. should have stayed in the whole game instead of ITT.
    Nelsen- NR- Got an MCL sprain early in the game. It's possible that we may have seen the last minutes of Nellie in a DCU uniform as i'd bet that some team in England will/can play him, oh, $150K, that MLS won't.

Subs:

Villegas- 4. came in for Nellie. Lot's of hustle but didn't connect with anyone. Wonder how many years it would take Ray to figure out that Convey and Villegas as your two wingers destroys the team offensively? I'd say three.

Zambrano- -45. For all of you who thought Ray aquiring Rocket Roy was the worst personnel decision, I give you one Henry Zambrano. Came in as Prideaux's sub. First touch produced a breakaway for Ralston which eventually produced TT's second goal. great job, Henry. Don't let the door hit you on your way out- and take Ray with you.

Hudson- 0. Looks to me like he was a one year wonder at Miami.

13. stopper4

stopper4 Member

Jan 24, 2000
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also think the team needs to be "blown up", but are you sure you want Ray Hudson and his amazing eye for talent doing that for you?

14. dadman

dadman Yo soy un papa

DC United
    United States
    Apr 13, 2001
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even worse, detter7. Twellman with the hat trick.

Happy days ain't here yet. :(

dadman

15. ignatz

ignatz New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Washington, DC
    It's 3-0 to the Revs. A real sad day in Mudville.

16. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    We're obviously heading for that #1 pick next season..

But will Hudson use it wisely?

I seriously doubt it.. He pissed away Kante this season who by the way is probably the key reason to the Revs resurgence as they don't give away buttloads of goals like they had done earlier this season..

Another touch offseason lies ahead of us faithfull yet deflated fans....

Although technically we aren't eliminated, we pretty much are.. We have to win out and and get help from other teams, which ain't gonna happen..

3 years on the trot now.......

17. Freestyle2000

Freestyle2000 Moderator

Feb 6, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I didn't see the game, so I won't say anything about how we played.

But for the third straight season now, we'll be sitting around NOT in the playoffs. That's three years.

It's not time to revive the body. It's time to run an autopsy.

Goodbye Jaime. Goodbye Marco.

RS

18. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    I thought that it was a boring game until the first goal was scored around minute 60 or so. United had little clue on how to link up against a set defense, which is par for the course as we know. Olsen's just not a forward. Moreno did some things in the first half, but his final touch wa awful. Etch was playing in slow motion.

...I just can't go on right now. Be glad if you missed the game as THIS was not the way you'd hoped the team would go down if it had to lose.

19. Kenobi

Kenobi Member

Jul 11, 1999
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if this is Ray's way of "doing it for the fans", he's one twisted man. Inflicting another year of torture on us isn't really the best way to work his way into our hearts.

20. dsheon

dsheon New Member

Jun 12, 2000
    there may be reasons to be down on Hudson but passing on Dauda Kante is not one of them. He looked awful in the match I saw pre-season. And our defense generally is not the problem. Would anyone rather have Kante in our starting lineup before Pope, Nelsen, and Reyes? Come on.
    The problem is we have no goal scorer to replace the nine that Conteh put in for us last year. No one stepped forward.

21. SoccerEsq

SoccerEsq Member

Aug 28, 2000
    Maryland SoccerPlexish
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do I understand correctly that our starting line up had 6 defensive field players (Prideaux, Pope, Nelsen, Reyes, Williams and McKinley) and only 4 offensive ones (Convey, Etcheverry, Olsen and Moreno)?

22. culpepercomet

culpepercomet New Member

Apr 1, 2000
    3 years

Ray - must do:
    1) Congratulations, Jaime, goodbye.
    2) Goodbye Marco.
    3) Ritchie, you used to be sorta the man, goodbye.
    4) Zambrano - Nevermind.

Thank you. Goodnight.

23. Hezbolt

Hezbolt New Member

Jun 4, 2001
    La Norte
    we still have one thing to play for

Well now that our season has ended, we have one thing we can play for.....

We still have the opportunity to knock the Scum out of the playoffs. As much as I dislike the Revs, I hate the Scum more and if we can go I say we take them down as well!!!!

Lets scr@w the scum!!!!!

24. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Summers was packed with the faithful.

Chino Alegria & Ali Curtis were also on hand.

A sad day in DC United history.

Why was Quintanilla not out there?

25. bware

bware New Member

Jul 9, 2001
    Fairfax, VA
    I think the point is, we never should have used a first pick for Kante anyway. If you look at some of the other picks that we could have had, like the guy who got the hattie tonite, you'll see the point.