Official thread to discuss the whoring of our shirts (a.k.a. the shirt sponsor thread)

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by SoftTackle, Sep 28, 2006.

1. giggshasscored

Jun 5, 2004
    Omaha
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As soon as I win the lottery, I'm creating a company named Ditch Hitch. Then I'm going to have that company sponsor FCD's shirt.

2. Prince Ramsey

Prince Ramsey Member

Nov 19, 2008
    North Texas
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol....How about Fossil Watches or GameStop?

3. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given the margin on used games, GameStop ought to have enough lying between the couch cushions at corporate. :D

4. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fossil would have been better when we still had Davino or Denilson.

5. Prince Ramsey

Prince Ramsey Member

Nov 19, 2008
    North Texas
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah? How so?

Explain?

6. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because they are both fossils.

7. Prince Ramsey

Prince Ramsey Member

Nov 19, 2008
    North Texas
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

LOL!

I see what you did there.

8. giggshasscored

Jun 5, 2004
    Omaha
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given that the next home match is Drew Carey glasses night, I'm predicting at that match the FO will unveil that they finally have a shirt sponsor for us:

[​IMG]

9. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

10. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this thread deserves an award. so far this thing has over 18k views and over 450 post yet that teasing virg of a shirt hasn't whored out once!:mad:

11. FCDfan

FCDfan Member

Apr 23, 2007
    McKinney, TX
    ... I think someone should take this thread around back and shoot it.

12. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last I webcasted an FCD match, they had all sorts of MetroPCS ads. Now I great everybody three times, in a computer voice. But seroiously, nice logo. Are they stable? They are from Richardson.

13. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MetroPCS is a smaller wireless provider that launched several years after everyone else due to issues with their license IIRC. They're a nationwide provider, but as their coverage map shows, coverage is still spotty outside their major market areas. They're trying to make up for lost time in signing up subscribers, so they've been aggressive in marketing themselves.

Are they stable? They're profitable and expanding their network, so that's a good sign.

14. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boy, my proofreading sucks. But thanks for the answer. :p

15. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    MetroPCS and Cricket have a network agreement in Texas. They are part of the new companies that provide pre-pay unlimited mins. and txt msgs cell phone companies (Boost, Virgin Mobile, Cricket, Pocket Communications, etc). They seem to be growing as a business.

16. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Phoenix Mercury of the Women's NBA got paid 1 million Dollars for their shirt sponsorship (According to KTCK 1310). That's a lot of cash for a jersey that no one will see. The Mercury and FC Dallas have about the same attendance 8K; therefore, how much would FCD garner in a potential sponsorship deal? Oh and BTW the sponsor also offers a one year of service (valued at $120) to all STH.

link - > http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2009/05/25/daily60.html?page=1

17. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sad thing about the Ticket discussing that was they made it sound like this has never been done in the US. A totally foreign concept in the US.

HELLO!!!!! MLS teams have had shirt sponsors for a few years now. :rolleyes:

18. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is a foreign concept to the U.S. I bet 8 out of 10 Americans have never seen an MLS jersey with a sponsor on it. The NBA has been discussing this, but Stern has been totally against the idea of shirt sponsors.

19. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So he says. But I'll bet you that if he could make it happen without any appreciable fan backlash, he'd do it.

20. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good ol'boys @ NASCAR have embraced the concept... There is nothing more Amercan than NASCAR... or so I have been told.
    Ever check out one of those interviews? Another manly man sport in America is Football (indoor version) those uniforms are tricked up.

21. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The league's also dead, so...

22. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arena league did not embrace the whoring of their shirts to the full potential... like MANU W/ AIG wait....

23. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NASCAR is struggling to get sponsorship right now too. Of course, the big teams have them, but I would say that FCD would be the equivalent of BAM Racing.

At this rate, the best FCD could do is to sign Bordeaux's Butt Paste because the fans continue to take it in the....

24. giggshasscored

Jun 5, 2004
    Omaha
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its true that the current economy is strongly working against FCD getting a good sponsorship right now, but San Jose added a sponsor this offseason, when the economy had hit rock bottom and following a season where they had the worst record in the league, so its not like its impossible.

25. JPB4

JPB4 Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I don't kow the # (think it is in this thread somewhere) but a very large # of Fortune 500 companies call DFW home. To think FCD can not get ONE company to step up is really a poor reflection on FCD FO/managment. Maybe they are asking too much. Or maybe they are not giving enough (i.e. you sponsor the shirts for $1 mill. per year and we plaster advertising in PHP and your logo also goes on all stadium cups, 2 one-page ads in the program, co-branded give-away stuff, etc., 50 free tickets per game, etc., etc.).

I know they are working on it but it shouldn’t be that hard. If RSL, SJ, KC, and Columbus (all small market teams) can have corporate sponsor jerseys FCD can too.

Something tells me that Philly, much like Seattle, will come into the league with a shirt sponsor.

Just another FO failing.