Official Thread of the 1906 Supporters

Discussion in 'California Victory' started by Delle Alpi, May 5, 2007.

1. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you guys have anybody in mind who will be making this T-shirts ?

I just found a great connection for it,this people make the shirts for most of the shops in Fisherman Wharf, and I think you can work out the prices.

Here is their web site:

www.robertallan.com

I'm planning to be at the game this Thursday maybe we can share some "fast"
    ideas.

GO VICS !!

GO QUAKES !!

LA LUCHA CONTINUA !! :cool:

2. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is the details of the meeting on Sunday thanks to Mike Alonso:

I. Structure
    Name: We agreed that the term "1906" will be a blanket term for anyone who supports the California Victory (i.e. "The Vics") and/or used in conjunction with anyone in "Section Oi!". The interim name of the group at this time is "California Victory Supporters Association" or CVSA. We are distinguished by our willingness to pay dues in order to raise funds for supplies, banners, t-shirts, etc. to better support the Vics.
    Dues: Dues will be the principle way of raising funds. As of right now, it will be on a case by case basis.
    Articles of Corporation: AOC are put on hold until the team's future is secured. Currently, Dues is set at $20 to help pay for t-shirts & flags. Dues to be paid at the June 28th game.
    Officer: Mike "Bruiser" Alonso was named the interim spokesperson of the CVSA.
    II. T-Shirts
    Brendan and Alvin are in charge of the "1906" t-shirts. Various sizes have been ordered through an independant silk screener. Any debate concerning the font of the t-shirts will end Thursday. Supporters t-shirts will be made available for the July 4th game verus Miami FC.

III: Drums
    Brendan and Alvin have purchased 5-gallon buckets for makeshift drums.

IV. Song Sheets
    To avoid confusion at the games, we agreed to select the best four (4) songs and chants, put them on a sheet, and distribute them at the gate. I ask that everyone selects their top songs, email them to me, and I will photo copy them Thursday morning.

V. Slogans
    Everyone agreed to think of a slogan. The best one by far is "10 Minutes Without A Goal".

VI. Applications
    Dougie is in charge of developing official CVSA applications.

VII. Flags
    Alvin ordered small batch of small blue/white checkered flags to be sold at the games.

VIII. Discounted Tickets & Team Announcement
    Mike Pizzo agreed to acknowledge both 1906 & CVSA during announcements at the Vics home games. He also agreed that CVSA members (dues paying members only) who haven't already purchased season tickets will only pay $8 at the gate. Also, discounted group tickets for those new to games have to be made in advance. For example, any groups we, CVSA, bring in who haven't been to a game before will be able to buy tickets at $8 per person at the gate as long as you notify me ahead of time so I can notify management....Bruiser

3. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have about 100 American flags,I'll like to donate, so we can sale them at the July 4th game. It will be a good opportunity to get some $$$ into our suppoters group

here is a picture of the flags:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/MADE-IN-USA-Ame...ryZ13884QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

I don't think I'll make it for that game,but if any of you like to pick them up or maybe I can drop them off in certain place please PM me.

GO VICS !!

GO QUAKES !!

LA LUCHA CONTINUA !! :cool:

4. ALLLGooD

ALLLGooD New Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    Proud Smurf,

I work close to where you live. You can drop it off at my agency anytime during this week.

I PM-ed you my address and phone #

Al

5. IceFunk

IceFunk Member

Oct 22, 2005
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Just wanted to give you guys ups on your progress down in the Bay. Looking at the pics from the Vics and Timbers and wanted to post a pic of the 1906 supporters.

[​IMG]

6. Horror Show

Horror Show Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a great picture courtesy of Nap. Way to get the bunny ears up on Tony Alexi!

[​IMG]

7. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks! Been a whirlwind week and finally starting to catch up a bit with the stuff. I'm still trying to get more of the Timbers 6/28 material. Going to get even moreso with the Chelsea/America match and then the Seals are playing tomorrow.

Just keep checking out my flickr and it'll be posted! :cool:

Oh and check out Alexi blistering his guitar from July 3, but that's on another set! :p :D

8. RoundBallNewbie

RoundBallNewbie New Member

Aug 23, 2006
    DC in exile
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which reminds me, there are some decent shots from that same game here: http://flickr.com/photos/23499503@N00/. I should have a couple more off the roll I took at Stanford yesterday.

By the way, Tony and Mike pimped the team and 1906 pretty hard at the Chelsea-Club America game, I think they definitely got some new recruits from the guys I was with and probably other tailgaters as well. At the very least, there are a lot of cars that found pocket schedules under their wipers :D Major props to both of them.

9. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hello 1906'ers...

My name is Jarrett Campbell and I run the Carolina RailHawks independent supporters club and the website Triangle Soccer Fanatics (www.trisoccerfan.com). I am in SFO this week on business and plan to attend the Silverbacks game on Tuesday. I am looking to meet up with some of you to talk to you about your experience forming a supporters club and write a story about our fellow expansion team for the website.

What's the best way to meet up with you guys? (I apologize but I have not read all 14 pages of this thread so far). Is there one or two people in particular I should ask for at the game?

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys. PM me and we can exchange cell phone numbers.

Jarrett

10. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jarrett,

Best way is to meet up before the game at Kezar Pub (there will be guys around, some wearing blue) grabing some beer before the game and in Section Oi at Kezar Stadium. You probably can't miss up cause will be standing and yelling throughout the game.

11. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Also, if he's there, Mike (bruiser) probably has the most to say about how we've done what we've done so far. He did the most work and is now our spokesman, but most of us will probably be there.

12. ALLLGooD

ALLLGooD New Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    Thanks IceFunk! Please let the TA that came down from that last match that they are awesome. I had a great time with you (were you there?) guys at the pub and also at the match. I wish you could have stayed longer post match. I saw many of you on the FSC match in the audience and was like "I know him/her!" Any word on the whearabouts of the Timbers-Victory Cup?

13. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey everyone, I updated the 1906 Supporters website so you can join the CVSA online and pay your membership dues through paypal.

If anyone was waiting for that its available now!

http://www.1906supporters.com/join/

14. IceFunk

IceFunk Member

Oct 22, 2005
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Not sure where the cup is, I watched all the Vics-Timbers matches from Europe the past month. I really wanted to make it down to a road trip. Definitely next year. However it's awesome how fast you guys have grown, and I was amazed on how many diehard soccer fans lived in San Francisco Area.

15. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to keep you guys up to date:
    Right now I'm working in a large banner (approx.12' x 4') with the Victory's
    logo in one side and the 1906's logo in the other,flanking the words
    keep soccer in San Francisco
    www.savethevictory.org

Does any of you know where or who I can call to make soccer scarf.
    I'm working in a project and I need the info.

Thanks in advance.

GO VICS !! :cool:

16. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Captainbeecher

Captainbeecher New Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Lisburn
    Would it be too ambitious for the 1906 to start the ball rolling for the long term possibility of turning the California Victory into an MLS team called San Francisco Victory. The J Boxer Memorial Stadium could be redeveloped into a 20,000 seat SSS. Could be looking at a 10 year plan but hey, everything has to start somewhere. Also think Victory should be playing in San Francisco Gold and Black but that's just my thought, Maybe Berwick Raners have some old shirts knocking around.

BTW: willing to trade a scarfe of any Northern Irish club for a Victory Scarfe. Interested parties mail my inbox.

18. RoundBallNewbie

RoundBallNewbie New Member

Aug 23, 2006
    DC in exile
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not gonna happen. Ever. There's an MLS team down the road again that will draw a significant amount of fans from the SF area, and those fans pretty much like it that way. There's no real support or reason for an MLS team in the city itself.

(Though I'll admit that the first time I saw Kezar, my thought was that with modernization it would be a great MLS stadium... :D)

19. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Any scarf news?:)