Official San Francisco Seals Thread

Discussion in 'California Victory' started by Alexi, May 14, 2007.

1. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    I think, SF Seals deserve the thread of their own.

They just lost 2:5 to Fresno Fuego (3 penalties in 15 minutes, ouch!) and they only have a slim chance now to qualify for the US Open Cup. Here's the qualification table:
    http://www.usopencup.com/2007q/uslpdl/167684.html

Anyway, they are playing with Lancaster RATtlers on Sunday May 20th, which is also an US Open Cup qualifying game.

The game starts at 4pm, so we have more than enough time to deal with the hangover after the Saturday game, and then go out and support Seals at their home opener!

2. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Be nice if some Victory fans show up. Just remember to bring your Victory ticket stub and get $4.00 off admission.

Alexi, just remember that not only is there the Victory game Saturday night, but its also Bay 2 Breakers on Sunday. Just another excuse to have a
    drink :)

3. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    It would be nice to make this thread sticky, too.

4. Bruiser650

Bruiser650 New Member

Jun 30, 2005
    SanFranciscoBayArea
    Well, I'll be seeing you boys at the Seals game, since I'll be in the East Bay the night of the Vics game. Too bad too, because I really wanted toe see the Whitecaps up close considering all the times they had their games broadcast on FSC. I find them to be an exciting team to watch, but I am confident our Vics will find a way to kick the crap out of them.

But I am excited to see the Seals. I was already planning on seeing both games as part of my "Football Weekend". Thank God, I don't work weekends anymore.

~Bruiser

5. Bruiser650

Bruiser650 New Member

Jun 30, 2005
    SanFranciscoBayArea
    Hey, quick question!!!!

Is anyone planning on going to the Seals game @ SJ Frogs on 06/23??? I would be nice to be able to go to somebody else's turf and cheer on the Seals.

~ Bruiser

6. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    Sounds like a plan!

7. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be there for the the Seals/Frogs games at both legs. Closest to a footy derby than we'll ever have. ;)

Still, anyone up for Sunday? Be nice to check out the Bay to Breakers in a group (and to tag anything with AEG with "sucks"!) :D

8. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frogs Rule!!! Seals are goin' DOWN!!!!!! :)

9. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
  10. xpo38

xpo38 BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 10, 2000
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

My girlfriend and I went to the San Francisco Seals vs. Lancaster Rattlers game today. The Seals had some good opportunities to score, yet weren't able to finish on some plays. It was a tough 2-1 loss, but they played well. Some Victory players, as well as the coach were on hand to catch the game. The only Victory supporter from "1906" I saw was Alexi. Where were all you Victory supporters from "1906?" Anyways, it was a good day for soccer, and we had a good time.

12. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :( I was in town for the Bay to Breakers (aka the glorified frat party/burning man/techno fest/drinking bash), but I got a last minute invite to a family party so I had to head back.

There's another game Memorial Day at USF--that one should be a go, especially after Carnaval. :p

I will fess the Frogs/Seals home and home series will be fun to watch!

13. SL Benfiquista

Feb 11, 2006
    San Leandro, CA
    Tough loss for the Men in Black today. They outshot the opposition 17-8 but were unable to finish a number of great chances. Soccer can be a cruel game sometimes. This eliminates the Seals from the Open Cup so there won't be an all-San Francisco matchup in the 1st round of the Cup. Doesn't look like the Frogs will make it in either, despite their great start. This will leave The Vics as the lone NorCal rep in the Cup as none of the local NPSL clubs were able to qualify either.

14. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Bruiser650 was there as well. Thanks to everyone who came out and are supporting San Francisco soccer.

15. Bruiser650

Bruiser650 New Member

Jun 30, 2005
    SanFranciscoBayArea
    Sangre- Thanks for showing me around and introducing me to Alexi and the Seals subscribers...I had a great time at the game and will be there for the Memorial Day game.

Although I am a Vics supporter, I can't in good conscience call myself a "1906er"... Maybe its because used to commemorate the 1906 earthquake and not the club's founding, and has a bit of a manufactured feeling to it... it doesn't take away from my personal feeling that...well, for the lack of a better term...its lame. I know some of you feel hardcore about it, but its how I feel.

Supporter Groups take time to form properly and maybe in time, a better name would be thought up.

I know there is a whole thread devoted to this debate, so lets keep it Seals here.

Any other Vics supporters, I will see you 05/26 @ Kezar.

-Bruiser

16. sullyofthesunset

San Francisco Glens
    Jun 7, 2006
    San Francisco
    Hey Folks;
    I enjoyed the game. I wasn't crazy about the result but a game is a game. I saw two games back to back. Victory on Saturday and Seals on Sunday. Winning would be nice, however, some places don't have any soccer to watch. I liked the BAUSL page dedicated to the three USL teams we are blessed to have. I know many still hurt over the Earthquake situation but I tell you I wouldn't trade the friendships and the commraderie I have experienced out of that mess happening. I enjoy seeing the familiar faces and the joy that a team brings to a community. The Victory are starting to get that kind of support and I enjoy hearing the banter about the name of the supporter's group, because at least there is one to banter about. It's great!!
    Seeing young kids out on a Saturday night with thier parents running a flag back and forth is heartwarming to say the least. It's a beautiful game and the Victory and the Seals and I am sure the Frogs are bringing it. The best time I had all weekend was talking to the smiling Lancaster supporters whom have endured an 0-5 start and drove 7 plus hours to support thier team. I congradulated them on thier first win and they taught me what dedication was all about. I wouldn't trade that for a David Beckham handshake or any other MLS production because it was real and made me realize why they call it the beautiful game. I hope to see all of you on Saturday and Monday. We are blessed.:)

17. Bruiser650

Bruiser650 New Member

Jun 30, 2005
    SanFranciscoBayArea
    Quick Roll Call...
    Who's going to Monday's Game???

18. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Obviously the Seals staff will be there. We are there usually 2-3 hours before game time to set up and get everything ready and probably stay another hour afterwards taking everything down.

We will have our new 2007 t-shirts, sweatshirts, and women's t-shirts available at this game. They are pretty sweet and are a huge improvement over last season's merchandise. Caps and Beanies will be delivered to us us later this week hopefully in time for our game on 06/02.

We got our 2007 pocket schedules yesterday as well. They rock. I will bring some tonight to the Victory match so you guys can have some and pass out to your friends. They include a coupon that they can use throughout the season.

I know for the Victory games, people are meeting up at the Kezar cause its so damn convenient. After last weeks Seals match, a handful of us ended up at the Pig and Whistle on Geary. One of the staff there might end up going to the game on Monday. If people want to head over there afterwards, we can all meet up.

http://www.pig-and-whistle.com/

Hope to see you all at the Seals on Monday as they take on the Bakersfield Brigade !!

19. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Thats cool that the Seals will have their new merchandise on Monday. The staff were telling me that they would last Sunday. By the way, do you know if they will have any scarves this Monday, because last time I could only buy one for my girlfriend, and then they ran out.

20. SL Benfiquista

Feb 11, 2006
    San Leandro, CA
    J: You must have been the guy who bought the last scarf off of our table. I can personally guarantee we'll have plenty of our cool-looking scarves as I will be bringing them. Let me know if you'll be at the Vics game tonight and I will bring one for your gf.

Cheers. Paul

21. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Yes, I was the one who bought the last scarf off of the table. Of course I'm going to be at the Victory game tonight! If you could bring me one, that would be great! Twenty bucks right? Because last time I had the online coupon which gave them for fifteen, but they ran out. Either way, I'll buy one!

22. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The Seals beat the SoCal Seahorses 2-1 in Southern California. Lets hope they keep the momentum and beat Bakersfield on Monday.

23. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

That's good to hear! The San Jose Frogs beat the Bakersfield Brigade today as well, 1-0. The Seals need to beat the Bakersfield Brigade, so we can have a Bay Area sweep of them!

24. Californiaspurs

Californiaspurs New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Santa Clara County
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Brilliant news of the San Franciso Seals' triumph yesterday. We needed that win.

Despite the unfortunate start by the Victory, both The Frogs and The Seals are on their way to instilling real pride in supporters of Bay Area USL soccer with their on-field play thus far (and a win by the Vics over Charleston would be a god-send for the only truly struggling prong of the BAUSL trinity so far).

It's early days for all three Bay Area USL sides, but like you say JLoeza if we can repeat the Frogs' result against the Brigade tomorrow (Monday) at 1 pm that will be another big step in the right direction for the legendary All Blacks.

Indeed, another good day of footie on tap tomorrow what with the final play-off game in England which decides who gets into the Prem between Derby and West Bromwich. Then it's The Seals live.

Really enjoyed the post-match festivities at The Pig & Whistle after the previous Seals match, it's got great potential to be the All Blacks' local, especially after later starting games.

It's convenient, parking seems decent by SF standards, they have a "real" darts board, friendly staff (some of whom are being turned into Seals fans), and London Pride on draught. Now we just need to get The Seals scarf up on the wall and our new home from home is starting to take shape!

Talking of scarves, nice to hear the superlative new gear will be in for the Seals vs Bakersfield clash tomorrow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bay Area United Soccer Leagues Supporters

[​IMG]

25. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

I'll be there to watch the Seals play the Bakersfield Brigade!