Official Sales & Loans of Players for Next Season

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Dark Savante, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    Re: Bellion is the second one out the door.

Oh no, it's just my guess that he'll be out. As he doesn't look like VDS' successor and VDS will be in the last year of his contract combined with his age will mean we really will have to step up our interest in a #2 that may succeed him.

------

Interesting replies, but I don't think people are considering the players we have coming through or going to get. O'Shea is the utility guy and if we get a #1 CM next to Scholes I can't see us keeping both Fletcher and O'Shea here especially if Jones is coming back next season. Don't forget Smudger!! you just can't have Smith, Fletcher, O'Shea all as back up to one CM spot! (If we assume Jones is Scholes' back-up) it leaves at least one spare part.

As for Richardson, if we do get a proper winger in, where is he supposed to play(R'son) or even get a game all season without an incredible injury crisis? He shouldn't be anywhere near CM if we have 3 proper CM's here (Scholes, new guy, Jones) plus one from Smith, Fletch and O'Shea as back up to the new guy. He wont get a chance at LB with Heinze and Evra here. His only shot is LW, but he's not good enough to play there. I'd much rather a new guy there tbh.

I think the days of us having huge squads are a thing of the past and that we'll streamline whilst brining a few reserves and maybe a couple of purchases in. I don't see the purpose of having 4guys who wont get games unless we are in severe crisis (fletch, O'Shea, R'son and Smith) on the (Glazer's) books when they're trying to cut wage bills and such. If our squad manages to stay fit you're looking at less than 20games between four players there!

2. The Guv'nor

The Guv'nor Member

Mar 24, 2006

I would expect Smithy to come back and used up front. If we buy one or two midfielders and stay injury free I don't see why he would be used there when we have the likes of O'Shea, Fletcher, Scholes & Jones around. Even before his injury he wasn't a regular starter (mind boggling how he wasn't picked for the midfield we played against Liverpool in the cup:confused: ).

Fletcher has shown he has the ability if you look at the previous two seasons, I thought he was our best central midfielder last season, he made everything keep ticking over, when he went off in the cup final we lost his dynamism in the middle. Yet everybody seems to have forgetten that. This season his work rate has been terrific but he's never reached the same standard of quality.

Bit unfair to call Fortune a fringe player, I know he has been for most of his career here but if he hadn't been injured this season he probably would have been a regular at the moment on the back of his performances towards the end of last season. Very dissapointed to see him go but I can understand why as long as the ''young players in his position'' which I assume to be the likes of Jones are actually given their chance.

3. yikchi

yikchi Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    Garden State

I think Howard should be sold or at least loan out. I agree that a team like Everton would be perfect for him.

Silvestre has been okay lately; to me, he looks better than Evra at LB. I won't sell him until I am sure that Heinze is fully healthy and play as well as he had before.

O'Shea will be the new utility guy.

Fletcher will still be here since he's still young.

Liam Miller... how's he doing with Leeds? Maybe we can give him another shot, I have no feel for this one.

Richardson... i think we try to loan or sell him to West Brom but he refuses to go. He rather stay and play left back for us. He's got some talent but I just don't see him fitting in with this squad... I will let him go if I'm SAF.

4. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005

I think Silvestre will stay.

O'Shea will also stay, unless we get 3 quality CMs this offseason, which is very unlikely. Fletch may be gone if we get 2 good CMs.

Richardson may be loaned out.

5. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN

Why? We have more than enough depth at his positions (LB/CB) and we already tried to sell him during the winter window.

6. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Silvestre is better than Evra TBH. So far at least.

7. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN

Give Evra a full pre-season before passing judgement.

8. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes.. we tried to sell them and he didn't sign. Is there a way we can force him to sign with the other club? :D

and to your other post, you are right.

9. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

You are right, all he needed was to be able to bend the ball at rediculous angles, and be pompous as hell and he'd be Henry^2.

For what its worth I liked Bellion. He always tried his hardest and I will always remember his contribution to the team when Ruud, Saha and Rooney (who was purchased that way) were all crocked. Bellion played with heart and more importantly he scored 3 goals in 5 or 6 starts all of them vital. He won't be recorded in many places as being a Manchester United hero, but he'll always have a place in my memmory - after all, he's still a better finisher than Forlan and Saha when it comes to one on ones.

yup. sounds good to me.

As far as squaddies go next season I see Pique as the new O'Shea the young versatile defender who can play across the backline and in midfield in a pinch. That means that one of Fletcher/O'Shea *should* be gone w/ the return of Jones, the purchase of a new CM and the return of Scholes.

The player who really has me scratching my head is Spector. Clearly he's in the twilight zone now. He's way too good to be in the reserves, but he needs to be playing regular football. He shouldn't be at a Championship club, but he won't likely get lots of minutes on loan in the prem.

10. jmartin1966

jmartin1966 Member+

Jun 13, 2004
    Chicago

Any chance of Evra playing as a left winger? I think he did at Monaco. I like his attacking play but when he has to cover for a center back he is not strong enough in the air. I do not know if that can be fixed by more training. I think Silvestre's improved form may be enough to keep him around. I prefer him at LB, not CB.

11. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia

For the love of God, they haven't been bad in recent weeks but I am sick to death of people wanting to keep Silvestre & O'Shea around.

12. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN

Amen.

Given the regular abuse and lack of PT recently, I would be quite happy for Fletcher to go elsewhere. He's a key player for Scotland and we cannot afford for him to be sitting on the bench or in the stands. I just hope he doesn't come back to bite us the ass when he matures.

13. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So add Howard to the list of outs on loan... started a new thread since I figure there will be a lot of discussion on him.

14. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Silvestre is not better than anyone at anything, other than being better than John O'Shea at pissing me off and Ruining a Perfectly good hat. :rolleyes:

15. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No sorry. He's still better than Evra has been so far.

16. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    Neumayr And Fortune Head Departure List

Reserves captain Markus Neumayr is among seven United players to be granted a free transfer as of June 30, 2006.
    The German winger led Rene Meulensteen's side to an exceptional Treble season, but will be allowed to leave after three years as a professional at Old Trafford.

News of Quinton Fortune's impending exit was broken by Sir Alex Ferguson back in March, leaving Neumayr as the most surprising departure.

Meanwhile, injury-plagued defender Mark Howard leaves along with Mads Timm, Eddie Johnson, Phil Picken and Tommy Lee.

Third-year scholar Kyle Moran will also leave as he will not be offered professional terms this summer.

http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=332758&itype=466&icategoryid=120

17. Ronaldo07

Ronaldo07 New Member

Mar 2, 2005
    why we letting Neumayr leave? hes only 18/19 right? we should of loaned him out or something not just let him go.. people compare him to Beckham and if he turns out anything like him then we will regret it so badly, we should of loaned him out for a season..

18. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    Not sure why he wasn't loaned out actually.

He wanted assurances of first-team footy, he was told he'd only get 5 or 6 first team games next season so he decided he'd move on...as I understand it. I am guessing we let him go and not as a loan because of his build. I really didn't see him making it here with his physique. It will be a killer if he goes to Duisburg and turns into a Herculean monster, lol.

I hope to follow his career if I can access the games.

19. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only four or five games? I like the sound of this, makes for good practice for Jones, Gibson, Eagles and co. hopefully.

20. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    I'm sure he meant the Carling Cup. Neumayr is no where near ready for games in the other competitions. Don't think you can say that for Jones, Rossi, Pique etc.

Eagles wont be here next season...

21. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Am I crazy for thinking that Spector is on his way out also?

22. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    I couldn't say. Poor guy would have done himself a huge favour if he could have gone to the WC :( (is he a starter for the Nats?)

Eagles is not ready for United. He'll either be sold or kept on his loan and we'll see how he copes in the PL (If Watford use him - it was a concern to see he couldn't even get on the pitch for the play offs or the final - all of Watford's most importatn games of the season) Watford need to strengthen so they may even buy a winger or two. Eagles will be in big trouble if he can't get on whilst being on loan.

23. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That too bad, I thought he was doing well. But you are right about the inconsistancy of even starting.

Well then next season, hopefully, we will have Rossi Jones Pique Gibson (some) Evans (maybe some) getting good time. Looks good for the future.

24. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    In

Carrick £14m (rising to £18.6m for performance and results bonuses)

Out

Phil Picken - Chesterfield - Free
    Tommy Lee - Macclesfield - Free
    Jonathan Spector - West Ham - £0.5m
    Eddie Johnson - Bradford - Free
    Sylvain Ebanks-Blake - Plymouth - £0.2m
    Quinton Fortune - Bolton - Free
    Ruud van Nistelrooy - Real Madrid - £10.3m
    Marcus Neumayr - Druisberg - Undisc.

Loans

Danny Simpson - Antwerp
    Jonathon Evans - Antwerp
    Fangzhuo Dong - Antwerp
    Mamam Souleymane - Antwerp
    Darron Gibson - Antwerp
    Frazier Campbell - Antwerp
    Tim Howard - Everton

-----

Feel free to add on any I have forgotten, will be updated in due course.

25. Fandando

Fandando New Member

May 2, 2006
    Colin Heath - Macclesfield - Free