OFFICIAL: Roster/Rumor/Signings 2024

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by ragbone, Oct 7, 2023.

1. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    The difference probably has to do with the Galaxy signing a contract with the player before they started training with the team (so you could argue they were technically earning pay without a visa), but I was kidding. I don't think anyone checks these things that closely.

2. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    waiting to see the new players live like

[​IMG]

3. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    #1103 skydog, Feb 23, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
    100%. And yes, that is the exact reason I included the ‘chutzpa’ descriptor.

PS - Don’t forget he had to bypass his boss Vanney and go direct to Phil to get the job in the first place. Now that shows initiative!

4. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Here's CoG repeating that we now have 12 int'ls after signing Bibout, although we may have a green card coming

5. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA

Berks, Baysider, ProudNatRN and 3 others repped this.
  6. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kinda wonder if letting Bond go was part of that struggle

TrickHog repped this.
  7. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Galaxy
    United States
    Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Bond has dual US and British citizenship. He doesn't need a green card and doesn't require MLS international slot.

8. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I honestly didn't know that, thanks.

73Bruin, TrickHog and Dawdler repped this.
  10. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    after watching the press conference, this really feels like a new era, I don't recall the Galaxy being this transparent or churning out videos on the team and academy like they are now.

If this is all Kuntz's doing, and it leads to a resurgence of the Galaxy, I say start designing that statue now.

yes, I'm excited for the new season, L.A. Galaxy!!

11. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahhhh... the last days before a season starts, when anything is possible and success seems just within our grasp.

(Although with a new GM who has a proven track record of success, the possibilities of success seem extra-exciting this year....)

12. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Is Paintsil coming here more to advance his music career???

13. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if he is, the best way for him to do that is to score goals, and become a superstar on the pitch and offers will come rolling in, that's just the way the LA lifestyle is, you win and casuals will gravitate towards you and the world is your oyster.

ProudNatRN, skydog, hav77 and 4 others repped this.
  14. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Final Roster (shared on Facebook)
    [​IMG]

Berks, El Futbolisimo, LEM-LAG and 6 others repped this.
  15. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Marcus F made the team.

ProudNatRN and TrickHog repped this.
  16. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    With Mavinga waived and Neal injured, I would have been surprised if he had not. The question is whether they will keep him with the senior team or loan him down regularly to play with the G2s when their season begins. Right now, though, he is CB #4 on the team.

17. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I was impressed with everything but Vanney. He continued to talk in vague jargon, saying nothing except “it's going to be different now” and “wow, there are a lot of matches, had no idea!” For gods sake, for once give us something concrete like “I’m going to to fix our damn defense.”

18. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Also I hate when the reporters ask new players “Ok, now you tell us why our club is so great.” It is so cringeworthy.

But Kuntz was great!

19. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the one thing that stuck out with me was Vanney's comment about having less responsibilities with Kuntz on board and now he can concentrate on the team, for me he no longer has any excuses and is on a short leash, this team needs to perform and exceed expectations, or he needs to be shown the door, sooner rather than later.

20. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    depends on the talent and qualities in the squad still. We've plenty of turnover of our "starting XI" players as well as some of our backup, time will tell how well they actually do, how well they acclimate to the league, as well as how deep our squad is. If Paintsil or Pec goes down to injury or international play, can our backups do the job?

JPAR and TrickHog repped this.
  21. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Going into the season, with the players returning from injury, and the new signings, it’s hard to know what we have.

it’s just a guess.

-feels like wingers and central midfield is potentially our strength.
    -Right back should be ok
    -Striker might be ok
    -Goalkeeper might be slightly better but not a lot.
    -Central defense is experienced and slow with no depth save for the oft injured Neal.
    -Left back is a weakness unless Aude shows big improvement.

depth is paper thin except at winger.

team is smaller and we’re paying the right amounts for what we got. Well positioned to add meaningful stuff in summer. If we can be in a playoff spot when the summer transfer window opens, this should be a successful season.

22. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Vanney should have his bags packed and by the door. I stopped listening to his pressers late in 2022 i believe. Just generalities and we need to do that better and we need to be faster and yada yada. Somebody said that Bond was being given one last chance to win his starting position back before he and Galaxy went their own way? Well, this is Vanneys last chance to try and do something before Kunts thanks him for nothing and the ways are parted.

I don't want to hear about injuries or season-long adjustment periods or not enough depth or the 5-year process or what have you. Time to stand and deliver or get the hell out. Let's see what he can do with his fourth rebuild ffs. :rolleyes:

ProudNatRN, Dawdler and JPAR repped this.
  23. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Definitely. It's clear to me that Vanney is only a good manager if he has players who already have a good understanding of the game. Because as far as I can tell, he teaches nothing. At Toronto he had a very experienced squad, including several national team players. Afaik all he did was put them on the field, told them to play crisp & precise & fast, every cliche known to soccer, and they succeeded. Clearly, our new wingers know how to play their positions so they will likewise be successful (especially Paintsil). So we should have a potent offense, even if Dejan struggkes a little. The big wuestion is whether our defense will be good enough for Vanney to last through the summer. If we leak goals like crazy and are losing I can see Kuntz sending him packing by June ir July.

24. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pants is no Messi. Yet.

TrickHog repped this.
  25. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    LA Galaxy formally announce their 2024 Roster. They acknowledge they have 12 int'l players on the roster, so they must have gotten the extra slots necessary (and CoG was mistaken)

https://www.lagalaxy.com/news/la-galaxy-announce-roster-ahead-of-2024-mls-regular-season-opener

LA GALAXY 2024 ROSTER (as of Feb. 24, 2024)*
    Goalkeepers (2): John McCarthy, Novak Mićović

Defenders (9): Julián Aude - %, Martín Cáceres, Mauricio Cuevas, Marcus Ferkranus - @, Jalen Neal - @, John Nelson, Miki Yamane, Maya Yoshida, Eriq Zavaleta

Midfielders (9): Daniel Aguirre, Gastón Brugman, Edwin Cerrillo, Mark Delgado, Diego Fagundez, Tucker Lepley, Jonathan Pérez - @, Riqui Puig - $, Gino Vivi

Forwards (5): Miguel Berry, Aaron Bibout, Dejan Joveljić - %, Joseph Paintsil - $, Gabriel Pec - $

$ - Designated Player
    % - U22 Initiative Player

@ - LA Galaxy Academy