Official Revs-Crew pregame thread, 6 p.m. Sunday [R]

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by CrewToon, Sep 22, 2003.

1. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    You know, AIf DC is gonna keep playing the way the have recently its gonna be a dogfight between us and New England. Personally, I don't think it should even be close, I think we have a much better team. But, our schedule is a bear.

I'll go with a 2-1 score line too. McBride and Hejduk with Goals. Paule and Buddle with assists.

2. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this isn't our year.

Crew 0 : 2 New England

3. Sneever Flion

Sneever Flion New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Bingo. Be prepared to lay another egg.

Besides, I don't know how some of you can be positive again after your predictions went down in flames last week.

4. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Let's see. We held our own. Had some good chances. Had a goal called back for offisides. And got beat on a goal that couldn't be duplicated in 10,000 tries with 30 seconds left in the game. It wasn't like we were run out of the park. We were unlucky. And frankly, the revs aren't as good a team as the Metros.

5. melloyello

melloyello Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Columbus
    i'll be optimistic until we are eliminated from the playoffs. unfortunately, realism dictates that that could be before the final match of the season...

6. Sneever Flion

Sneever Flion New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Exactly. I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist.

This team has chaffed my balls one too many times this season.

7. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
    lineup

MLSnet game guide has this as the starting lineup:

- - - -Buddle - - McBride- - - -

- - - - - - -Martino- - - - - - -
    - -Paule- - - - - - - -West- -
    - - - - - - -Mais- - - - - - - -

-Denton--Clark--Williams--Hejduk-

- - - - - - Busch- - - - - - -
    also says, "Once again, Crew coach Greg Andrulis will likely not have Jeff Cunningham available, meaning he will not have
    a front-runner available for substitution."

8. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    West will actually probably play on the left keeping Paule and Hejduk together on the right side. I think we will see a lot of New England trying to go through the center with Cancela testing Mais, Clark, and Williams. This will be a fun game to watch.

9. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
    yeah i'm sure paule will be on the right with Hejduk.

i think this will be Chris Brown's first game playing since his hat trick against chicago, i'm not sure why he hasn't been playing....

10. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    We ought to see a healthy Mais for the first time in quite awhile. Should be a strong central D. APC could come into the game and push KMart to left mid and Westie up front if needed.

The Revs. will be as desperate for a win aa we are - this should be a playoff intensity game.

11. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
    yes, i hope martino stays away from that right side with franchino. the last thing we need during this stretch run is an injured martino.

12. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    He's been injured. Both he and JMM should be available tonight, though neither is likely to be sharp.

The last time Crew was at the Razor, the Revs got a close look at how effective Martino can be when he has time on the ball. I doubt that will happen again, especially in the middle of the park. I think the idea of moving him the outside a la Reyna v. Mexico '02 is intriguing.

You know the old saying - you're as good as your record. It should be a close match.