official REBUILDING Process for Guatemala thread

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by Guatefc, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    come again:D:p

2. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    thay should did

i must admit that i stop watching the game after the second mexican gol. and now that im a t school and see the results im super SURPRISED that guate made a great comeback

:D:)GOD BLESS GUATEMALA!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    two central american teams giving it to Mexico, Honduras and guatemala

IDK about you guys but I'm liking P.Motta in the back between the sticks

he is composed and doesn't make mental errors on crosses

here are some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    As stated above, a win is a win, but, mostly for the record books and for gaining three points in competition. This was a friendly vs a U-23 side at best, let's remember that.

Nonetheless, of course I'm happy for ya'll but shy away from complacencies fellas, it often leads to mediocrity.

I don't mean to stifle your celebratory remarks, enjoy the aftermath of winning vs El Gran Monstruo Verde. I've already heard the Ego Sanchez death bells ringing. A win that creates turbulence is always priceless. (See England vs Russia yesterday).

Cheers!

5. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    [​IMG]

the icing on the Cake..... hey btw la- H our 2 goals in the 2nd half came from A U-23 player too...... who cares if we played a U 23 team with the exception of a few players like Salcido, magallon, Memo, and a few others the game was classified a "A" level friendly, so it counts towards the rankings, and it goes down in the history books

6. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    I agree, a good win no doubt. Especially for the old soul ya know. Good point about the rankings too, forgot that one.

Avila demonstrating some good touch this game and the last Guate Honduras game for a mickey mouse cup in Random Town, USA

7. Hate_Eternal

Hate_Eternal Member

Aug 6, 2006
    AVHC
    WOW, i am in lala land right now, and my faith in the Bolillo project has been renewed. The way Guate played last night against the Mexi's was nothing short of stellar. I never thought I would say it but we dominated Mexico for long periods of time. Also you can tell the players are finally understanding Bolillo's style of play we shut down a lot of their attacks before they even controlled the ball. Also, Noriega is class and Avila and Cabrera are finally maturing into exceptional players.I hope this game was the turning point for us. GO GUATE!

8. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I hope it is too, I think bolillo smack talk got them motivated , no bunkering too , straight up getting to the final third, and we were moving the ball around well, although very chippy at time ,

o btw Albizuris is the man real good at drawing in defenders with some nice moves..

Mario Loco rodriguez Pace and hunger for the goal is what turn this game around..

Avila was the difference maker though here is some of the headlines in Mexico

"Prensa de Guatemala: Histórico triunfo sobre México
    Destacan que después de 38 años lograron una victoria sobre el Tri; señalan que Marvin Ávila fue el jugador que marcó la diferencia"

VERY happy , and i also hope we use Willie Sims in the next game we play in november

9. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    We came out hungry and looking to prove a point. We kept up with their attacks, which I havent seen from Guate when they play Mexico in a long time. My jaw totally dropped when I saw Melgar in the starting lineup since he wasn't even supposed to play.

For a while it looked like we were keeping control of the game, and the good clean passing looked great. I will say that Mexico's 2nd goal wasnt "EARNED", but it was a definate lack of concentration on Guate's part which can be rectified. We did seem to bunker down after the 2nd goal, and Mexico just started playing around and having target practice on our goal. But Motta stayed calm and collective which was great to see.

It was a heated game, and both teams were being physical. The Bolillo expulsion DEFINITELY got the boys motivated. It showed everyone that he has love and respect for the team. I dont think I ever saw El Primi change his facial experssions or get the boys going when he was around.

El Loco's intensity got the boys rolling too, that guy leaves everything out on the pitch and it seemed to motivate the rest of the team to keep working hard for the full 90 minutes.

Hands down Avila was THE MAN of the field. From the Copa UNCAF to yesterday's game you can see that he's developing into something great for the future of Guatemalan football, each game he's played with the NT team you can see his skills and confidence going higher and higher, if he keeps it up and Guate can gain some more points in the friendlies I have a feeling we'll be seeing him in the MLS or another international league.

The speed we showed in our attack can only get better. Mexico has speed, there's no doubt about it. And if we want to keep up w/ the powerhouses of the CONCACAF we need to keep working hard on our speed and technique.

All in all it was a great game and a HUGE confidence boost for the team. The hard work is paying off and Bolillo's coaching and tactics are starting finally sink in.

10. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    That's a great win, congrats. No matter who Mexico didn't have, you guys won. Maybe GuateFC will realize that this applies for all teams not just Guate.

11. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    wat????

that was all defence ERROR, i think it was a well earned chance on mexicos bhalf

12. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

I meant "earned" as in it WAS a defensive error, not a structured passing play like their first one.

13. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Really like the way avila played.and why were el loco rodriguez and freddy thompson in the bench? they should be starters, but i really believe that if guatemala want to be a better team they need to play with 2 strikers instead of just el pescado and why isnt el pando ramirez in the NT?

14. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Friendly NT matches for November ?

15. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Freddy is still battling injury. As for Loco, I sort of like his role as the joker - coming in off the bench and changing things up. He has historically been a lot easier to contain as a starter in NT duty because at the beginning of matches when the team is playing conservatively he's flying all over the wing and pulling out of position. As a substitute he's asked to get into the attack and start taking chances which puts the defense on its heels. I think that's his best role and I hope that Bolillo keeps using him that way. Otherwise he's just a liability in my opinion.

Many of us here hate Pando but would like to see him back with the NT to get some possession in the midfield. That said, the guy does not work for his teammates and is a true cry baby that hurts team morale, so he's a double edged sword that can both help and hurt the side. I don't think Bolillo likes him at all because he doesn't even get a call into camp anymore.

16. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

Yeah, wasnt it supposed to be a friendly against CR? Or am I thinking U-23?

17. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    November 16 Olympic Qualifiers against Nicaragua and November 18 against Costa Rica.

18. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    1. Ricardo Jerez - Club Comunicaciones
    2. Edwin Morales - Club Comunicaciones
    3. Marco Tulio Ciani - Club Comunicaciones
    4. Jairo Arreola Club - Comunicaciones
    5. José Contreras - Club Comunicaciones
    6. Abner Trigueros - Club Comunicaciones
    7. Carlos Castrillo - Club Jalapa
    8. Pablo Solórzano - Club Jalapa
    9. Jean Márquez - Club Jalapa
    10. Jaime Vides - Club Municipal
    11. Manuel León - Club Municipal
    12. Cristian Noriega - Club Municipal
    13. Marvin Ávila - Club Municipal
    14. Marco Papa - Club Municipal
    15. Wilson Lalin - Club Suchitepéquez
    16. Wilfred Velásquez - Club Suchitepéquez
    17. Jaime Carvajal - Club Universidad
    18. Jhonny Brown - Club Heredia
    19. Manuel Archila - Club Heredia
    20. Carlos Reyes - Club Antigua
    21. Rafael Morales - Club Antigua
    22. Ignacio López - Club Xelaju
    23. Julio Vanegas - Club Coban Imperial
    24. Carlos Granados - Club Zacapa

These are the U23 players called up for the Game versus Honduras U23 in Mateo Flores

players are really think are going to be promising from the bunch is
    Wilson Lalin big skilled defender and then of course Marvin Avila and Jhonny Brown, and oh yeah Jose Contreras is back from injury is highly prospected

good set of guys

19. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    hey guys..........

according to here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BigSoccer

Bruce Arena, the former coach of US, came on your threads to gather information about the Guatemala national team!!!

did u guys know this????

maybe you want to be be careful once WCQ is in full gear

20. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    That's awesome!
    Forget about blaming El Primi for our failures in the hex, let's blame Guate FC and his player development reports!!! Ha.

PS Metrochile, don't neg rep me again for making a joke.

21. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I said that in another thread

thats why i feed them horrible info now, and i stop doing full reports it too valuable to them , Bradley if you want something PM me :D;)
    I give pure opinion based on games

22. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    What's the score of the Guate/Honduras game?

23. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    don't know , stupid lared feed is not working....
    i hope they put a hurting on Honduras youth!!!

Guatemala have 21 days till Road to Bejing 2008:D

we play Nicaragua on the 14th then Costa Rica on the 18th

at mininum we need to give Nica the hurting then skim a tie or win versus costa rica

24. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

FIX IT GUATEFC!!!! Dont youw "know people" who can fix it?

yeah, i'm hoping we're doing well tonight.

What's the word on the Nica and CR u-23 teams?

25. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I can't ! its out of my reach..

I heard both are coming strong of late, but nicaragua has been cooling down on prep game and amistosos so there form coming in could be a bit deceiving ,

we are at home, we must have a good home crowd versus both teams to help us propel to the finals . and if we get to the Finals we need to support them on this fron here in the USA...

last time we had a good U23 we produced Carlos Ruiz and Pezzarossi now maybe its time for Avila - Contreras? only time will tell