Official Post-Crash Pearl Jam Thread

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Stogey23, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    March 13th Episode of Saturday Night Live. No further explanation needed.

2. BirdsonFire

BirdsonFire Member

May 9, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

No Code has been their best since it came out. At this point, I can't see them doing something better.

It's the first album I recommend for anyone.

3. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMO, i'd probably disagree. I got hooked by hearing the LO2L version of Elderly Woman on the radio...after hearing DMB almost non-stop for five weeks. (Yeah, I know they're unrelated, but at the time, my mind was making some sort of connection.)

Anyway, LO2L was my first one late 1999 or so. Ten followed some time later. (Ten had all the radio hits, so it was easy for me to go that way and then get sucked in slowly.)

4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tweet tweet tweet tweet

A little American birdie flew by our window, flapping his wings and tweeting loudly to get our attention. He was happy to finally have news because things happened so fast and almost didn’t happen at all! We were so happy to see him so we could tell you that he said that you should be sure your Ten Club memberships are up-to-date as of March 10 or come Thursday you could be singing a sad song. You can log into your accounts from the main page on http://www.pearljam.com to make sure your ducks are in a basket and eggs in a row.... errr, meaning your membership is current, addresses correct, and so on.

Love,
    Sea and Kat :wave:
    x

Groovy P.S. Have you heard Stone and Jeff's Celebrity Playlist Podcast on iTunes yet?
    See http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/celebrity-playlist-podcast/id302913881

5. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    What do you think that's about? Tour tickets?

EDIT: looks like they are about to announce a tour. Well after having to buy my most recent PJ tickets online (overpaying on StubHub) and not getting great seats I'll happily pay the $20 now.

6. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The popular buzz is that they are about to announce a tour.

And i've been paying that $20 for several years now. As you get a yearly vinyl gift (at one point, it was supposed to arrive around Christmas, now they say "yearly" because it's usually in the spring) and a magazine, as well as other bonuses, it's $20 well spent.

7. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stogey, you just joined 10 Club, right? Too bad they're not going anywhere out west, but if you keep up with the membership, it will pay off. Mark my words. I'm almost positive you can buy multiple years at once. Although you won't save money by doing so, if you happen across $40 extra, you should be able to buy two years and not have to worry about it for quite some time.

And they do try their best to send notification emails when your membership is about to expire. Most of the stuff they mail also has the expiration date printed on it near the "mail to" address.

A few years ago, they announced that rows 1, 2, 9, and 10 are reserved for random 10 Club members who will be bumped from their regular seats (10 Club members get usually are the best in the house) and will go to one of those rows for no additional fee. I am pleased to hear that they're sticking with that policy.

Code:
    DATE                 CITY              VENUE
    May 3rd       Kansas City, MO      Sprint Center        
    May 4th       St. Louis, MO             Scottrade Center    
    May 6th       Columbus, OH            Nationwide Arena    
    May 7th       Noblesville, IN     Verizon Wireless Music Ctr.
    May 9th       Cleveland, OH           Quicken Loans Arena  
    May 10th      Buffalo, NY               HSBC Arena        
    May 13th      Bristow, VA              Jiffy Lube Live    
    May 15th      Hartford, CT            XL Center          
    May 17th      Boston, MA              TD Garden        
    May 18th      TBD                                TBD            
    May 20th      New York, NY          Madison Square Garden
    May 21st      New York, NY        Madison Square Garden

8. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I actually think they'll be coming out West soon after these shows. I'm actually encouraged to see the entire West left out, because I take that as meaning it's yet to be finalized/announced.

Columbus for you, sweet!

9. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sweet indeed. I wish it was a Friday or Saturday night, but a Thursday night means only one day of work after the show.

From June 22nd to July 10th, they're in Europe. They did east coast and west coast swings a few years ago as well as the "Eddie Vedder April Fools" solo shows a few years ago.

They'll play the west coast in due time. :)

10. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Actually you just drive to Noblesville in morning!

11. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I only work from 8 AM to noon. I could easily leave Friday after work for Noblesville with no issue.

Since the Thursday night show is within walking distance of my bed, it's not an issue. If the show was a Monday or Tuesday night, i'd have a long week of work following a late night.

In this regard, Thursday shows are much better than Monday shows.

12. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    What did you all think about the SNL performance?

14. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://pearljam.com/tour/show/nationwide-arena-may-06-2010

Anyone want to guess where I was on Thursday night? Absolutely SPECTACULAR set list. In 2003, there was no Daughter tag, but we did get a nice tag on the end of Wishlist. This time, no Daughter at all, but a "behind the neck" Even Flow solo AND a nice duel during Crazy Mary that saw Mike standing right beside Boom.

16 row practically dead center with a member number of 279XXX. Not bad, if I say so myself.

15. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://pearljam.com/tour/show/verizon-wireless-amphitheatre-indiana-may-07-2010

Looking back on it, i'm probably glad I didn't. The Columbus set list seemed way better, and I was able to walk to the preshow party and show, unlike in Nobelsville, where I understand the traffic was awful. The band delayed coming on stage for a bit b/c of traffic, and people still missed the first few songs. Ugh. It also rained there last night, but that wouldn't have ruined anything for me.

16. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Stogey23 still around? This thread must never die!

18. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I'm still here! Eagerly awaiting the next tour. Since these threads started, I've added My Morning Jacket to same pedestal that PJ sits on. A must see every time they are near me.

Kryptonite repped this.
  19. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My neighbor wants me to pay off Ed with a few bottles of wine in order for them to play Columbus ASAP.