Official Players En El Exterior Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by gringolimon, Jan 19, 2009.

1. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Just saw the sub-20 team play; they won 2-0 against Peru. A solid game from them. I hope the core of the team remains outside of our country.

2. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Our players are starting to be noticed by Concacaf's big dogs, there have been a few interesting transfers/rumors in this winter transfer window:

Alejandro Chumacero - Puebla F.C. (Mexico)
    Christian Machado - New England Revolution (U.S.)
    Guillermo Viscarra - Los Angeles F.C. (U.S.) [Rumor - not confirmed]

In addition, Bruno Miranda is already with DC United (U.S,) and I hear Carlos Lampe was also being scouted by Mexican teams, but I doubt it now that their league is starting this weekend.

I would like for Marcelo Martins to move to the MLS too, I hear he's trying to get out of China.

3. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    From what I read, the Revs lied to Machado and wanted a 4 year commitment instead of a 2 year, which they already agreed to. Pretty messed up but I heard that's the Revs' M.O. as of lately.

Hope Miranda gets more playing time than last year (pretty much close to none); he did show somewhat flashes of skills in the limited time he played last year.

Sucks Lampe couldn't sign with another club. I don't know what the reason was but he really needed to be in a club with a higher profile.

With the news of Miami joining MLS in 2020 (A Marcelo Claure/David Beckham joint venture), hopefully Martins is picked up there.

And Chumacero is doing awesome in Puebla. Hopefully, he continues to have more success with the club and it'll open the doors for more Bolivians to come.

4. Yuri R

Yuri R New Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Mar 15, 2018
    Fair Lawn, NJ
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys, I was discussing this with my dad. If/when Miami gets an MLS team. Wouldn't Claure push to have a Bolivian or 2 on the team?

5. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He will probably promote a couple of Bolivar players like Arce and Saavedra, but the Bolivian community in the greater Miami area is almost non-existent. I don't see much benefit to the team. Claure has very strong ties to Barcelona FC and has been rumored to bring Iniesta to the team.

6. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  7. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Not sure what deal Machado thought he got, but it was just an option which the Revs didn't exercise. He is out of the team at the end of the year. I read it in the team web page.