Official New York vs Dallas Thread [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by DCU9ted, Sep 4, 2002.

1. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    NOOoooooooooo
    2-1, Metro got the lead

2. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    New Jersey 2 Dallas 1

Farria scores... 2-1. 62nd minute. Bugger...

3. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

DAMN IT!

3-1 Metros....

4. Kenobi

Kenobi Member

Jul 11, 1999
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frickin' Mutts. They can't even lose right.

5. andylovesoccer

Sep 2, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was a game of "who can expose their keeper the most" and Dallas certainly showed they could string Jordan out. I still don't think the Scum played that well. Howard made some huge saves in the first half, and Dallas blew some very good opportunities. I still thin we can take the Scum in our two matches against them. All we need to do is win the rest of our games....(All we need to do....)

6. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Oh well, DC United has to win every game!

So, what else is new?

7. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    What a hideous game. The Burn looked like a team that played on 2 days rest. I wonder why they call that formation a 442 ... to me it looks more like a 253 with Morrow and Bonseu the only ones playing defense.

Suarez is out of position and responsible for all 3 Metros goals. On one he has a decent attempt to intercept the pass, but if he were in position he wouldn't have to try that crap. On another one Jordan basicly plays matador defense as a weak Faria shot skips by him. Yeah, Suarez can attack, and he had a great cross to Ceritos for the goal ... but isn't he supposed to be a defender?!?!?!? Pathetic.

Broome is not a defender. He spent maybe 5 minutes defending the entire game. I mean, who wasn't open on his flank?

Jeffries made a serious tactical error trying to play the rookies in Colorado and then play his starters in LA for the Open Cup and again 2 days later tonight against the Metros. He ended up giving away all 3 games with a rookie defense letting in 3 at Colorado, the veterans giving away 4 in LA and the very weary veterans allowing 3 to the Metros tonight. Jeffries should have played the veterans defenders (at least) against Colorado and they would have been fresh to defend their home turf 5 days later in Dallas.

Oh well, at least we still have the Atlantic Cup to try to win. :(

-Tron

8. Ricky_DCU

Ricky_DCU New Member

Feb 1, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    Dallas couldn't get it done (and who could blame them with their schedule lately), so I guess United will just have to put the Metrodonkeys in their place on their own.

9. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Oh yeah, good thing we didn't trade for Faria ... he had a brace tonight. We wouldn't want a forward that actually finishes. That's 11 for the year from him. If Moreno or Santino had 11 we'd be touting them for player of the year.

-Tron

10. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    It won't matter unless we can take it to the Revs this weekend. That game just went up in importance more than anyone could imagine, for both teams.

11. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Crap ...

... and my phones still don't all work ... :rolleyes:

12. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Well, I'm glad my tape crapped out at 1-1. I got to see them stretcher off Cerritos -- then snow.

Ugh.

13. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Well you missed Diallo pass the ball. You may never see that again.

14. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    You said it all right there Brother. I know all the games mean something, but it's gonna be great to watch a game with so much on the line. I want to see that "Fist of a team" Ray's been talking about.

15. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think our best hope right now is to bypass the Revs, hope THEY implode, and to remember that we have two games in hand over KC. They could conceivably lose twice to Colorado. Maybe, just maybe, this is a more likely scenario than catching all the way up to the Metros.

16. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Summers is going to rock! See you all there.

GM

17. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How does Faria do against defenses that didn't play 90 minutes two nights earlier?

(Mother************ing crooked USSF.)

18. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    At least Faria was man enough to stay in there even though he was limping pretty badly. He ended up scoring the brace after all of that.

I wonder how fast some of our forwards would skip out on a game the first chance they got.