Official MLS Horn Banning petition

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by cliffkram, Sep 22, 2003.

1. psycho killer

psycho killer New Member

May 26, 2003
    NJ
    It's hard to imagine those who are against banning the horns have ever actually been to a game and had the pleasure of sitting in the vicinity of a bunch of kids blowing the horns. Get off your couch, go to the game, and sit in front of someone blowing a horn behind you for two hours. Trust me, it ain't like TV. It isn't something you can ignore, it's a major annoyance and people pay good money for their seats.

2. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boy, do you live up to a moniker.

I was at the game in LA on Saturday, with probably more horns per square inch than has ever been seen on American soil.

Like I said before: it ain't perfect, but it's a lot better than nothing. Plus, at the HDC anyway, there's enough OTHER noise that it all kind coagulates into a single sound.

You guys all sound a tad histrionic to me, but I guess it's just a matter of tastes.

3. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Yeah, thanks, except for the fact that I've been to all but a handful of the Wizards games since 1996. And there are a few people that bring the horns into the Cauldron but you know what we do? We chant, so they dont have a chance to use them. So sorry, you're wrong.

Again though, I don't think people get it. Its not that we particularly like the horns (although I guess some do), it just that is f-ing retarded to start an internet petition to ban them from MLS stadiums. Especially that damn petition that sounds likes its a damn will or something. Get a grip, thats all I'm saying.

4. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You take away hose horns and its like Midnight Mass in a few MLS stadiums - Kansas City and Columbus to name but two.

I'll take the horns instead of silence, thanks very much.

5. psycho killer

psycho killer New Member

May 26, 2003
    NJ
    No, it's far from being retarded. Starting a petition is a smart thing to do when you'd like to see something changed. Maybe it'll work, maybe it wont, but trying isn't retarded. Not trying to do anything about it would be retarded.

6. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Starting the petition about it is the retarded thing. Like I said, theres plenty of other important causes that MLS fans could go after.
    You're absolutely right, doing something about it is a good thing. Thats why I stated what we in KC try to do. We chant. Sure that doesn't stop the kid across the stadium from having fun and blowing his horn, but why should we stop the kid? I'm sure theres plenty of people that would be completely in favor of or indifferent about the horns if asked, they just dont post on BigSoccer. Sometimes even we, the hard core supporters, need to realize that we're not the only ones that pay to attend these games.

7. psycho killer

psycho killer New Member

May 26, 2003
    NJ

How can I explain this to you. Starting a petition is a pro-active method of enacting change. For those who do not like the horns it is a way of making the league aware of our feelings about them. What the league does about it beyond that is out of our control, they might wipe their butt with it but we cant say we didn't try. Again, not doing something about it would be retarded.

If it were always a case of the kid being "across the stadium" then I don't think anyone would have a problem with it.

And they don't have to sign the petition.

Exactly.

8. supa

supa New Member

Mar 15, 2000
    united states
    hey, i don't like the horns but if no one else is going to make noise, then i'm afraid we'll have to deal with it. unless the horns pose a lethal threat to people in the stands or cause cancer, then the league won't ban them. go to a match, get a hell of a bunch of people to make some noise together(chant, yell, etc.), and drown the freakin' horns out!

9. Finnegan

Finnegan Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Portland Oregon
    I hate those horns. You know what is funny? They annoying my far more on T.V. than at a game. When I am at a game I am in a supporters section 100 plus strong all singing and making noise. So the noise of the horns of the kids right around us (who are unfortunately drawn to us I guess because of our drums or something) is less irritating.

When I watch a MLS match on T.V....egads. Sorry folks but aside from Chicago and D.C. the rest of those stadiums the ONLY thing that comes across on the T.V. is the sound of those infernal horns bleating like dying monk seals for two hours.

My solution. Don't ban the horn, just stop selling them.

10. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    WE MUST BOYCOTT THIS THREAD!

WHO'S WITH ME?

11. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    I'm with you! Everyone who wants to boycott this thread should post here!

12. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't be opposed to stadiums stop selling them, however banning them altogether is a bad idea.

13. Numero Dos

Numero Dos Member

Sep 8, 2001
    Houston, TX
    I love the horns. I own two of them. I like the sound on tv and in person.

14. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thank you... i'm surprised it took so long.

:D

15. FutbolCrazy

FutbolCrazy BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jun 5, 2002
    Colorado
    The "genius" who thought of this anti-horn petition gets the golden turd award for stupidity.

If you can't take a few plastic horns, then hitch up your pantyhose and take your lousy *ss to a WUSA game.......oh that's right - how about a Major League Lacrosse game instead ?

Don't go away mad - just go away.