Official Melbourne Victory Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Australian A-League' started by RED STRIPE MAGIC, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golazo mvfc

golazo mvfc New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Melbourne.
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Rubbish!!! Until he can bench press 300 pounds like Danny Allshit and run a half marathon like Leandro Hate (yes poor joke!) then he should rot on the bench!!

:p

2. Glory08

Glory08 Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    lol thought the page hadn't loaded properly, till I scrolled down lol

And yes, lol . I'm sure Merrick would like your style :p

BTW guys, with Allsopp, what's the difference this year? As he obviously did alright last season, so I presume most of you weren't bagging him then :p . Was it all down to Fred's link up play, last season?

3. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The whole Kaz loan deal seems like a big waste of time to me. I'm sure he was coming back here to get match time, not sit on the bench. I wanna see a bit more of him, he'd been highly rated by alot of people & i'd never seen him play until he came back. I still haven't really seen him play, well, much anyway!

4. RED STRIPE MAGIC

Oct 20, 2006
    Melbourne
    the only differents from last year to this year, is last year he took his chances and scored from them.. this year he is wasting the chances he get's. he is right in front of goald like 1 or 2 metres away and he bloody kicks it over the bar. a five year old can kick it in why cant he...... thats pretty much the only thing..

5. Glory08

Glory08 Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    hmm ok lol.

And yeah with Kaz, so I beg the question Victory fans,

How is 'Kaz Watch' going? :p

"Well, I saw him scratch his nose once, while he was on the bench."

"He got up at one point, but then sat back down."

:p

6. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Can Melb loan a loan player? :)

I'm sure Perth/Wellington wouldnt mind a young guy in the midfield, and I'm sure he would get more game time at those clubs.

It really makes you wonder why Merrick bothered to get him down here if he didnt think he was good enough?????

7. golazo mvfc

golazo mvfc New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Melbourne.
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    We should sign the Iraqi players that are seeking asylum in Aus :p

8. Cesc_MVFC

Cesc_MVFC New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Melbourne, Aus
    http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22794587-2883,00.html

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22794587-2883,00.html

9. Glory08

Glory08 Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Wow interesting news, thanks for that cesc_mvfc :) .

And yeah interesting El-Capitano :D . Perth SHOULD be one of the first to line up to loan Patafta, is he's available. But then you can't 'double loan' a players as far as I know :p .

And yeah, why the f' Merrick brings one of Australia's best young talents back home, all the way from Portugal, only to not play him.

But Melbourne fans have said how this smacks of 'Sarkies-itis,' certainly the pattern repeats itself.

If you're a young player at Melbourne, don't expect much of a game, unless you're a young defender :( .

BTW What are the odds Patafta may leave during the transfer Window? I wonder if it's possible he could leave Victory, yet not leave Australia and instead go on loan to another A-League club till the end of the season?

Hehe cheeky I know, but fair enough move, if he did so :p . But then the Aussie spirit is to fight it out, demonstrates determination and character. But the only problem with that is, this coach has a bad track record in this area, see Sarkies, and there's no indications, especially with Hernandez fitter, that the trend is going to take a 180 degree turn this season.

10. msk06

msk06 New Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Australia
    This is a becoming a bit of a joke.

Next week, bottom team, last chance. Let's go all out...

---------------------------------Theo----------------------------------------
    Vasilevski-----------------------Vargas-----------------------------------Ryal
    -------------------------------Broxham---------------------------------------
    Patafta---------Hernandez-------------------Caceras--------------------Kemp
    -------------------------------Thompson------------------------------------
    -----------------------Allsopp--------------------------------------------------

11. come_on_melbourne58

come_on_melbourne58 New Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Re: A-League squad comings and goings

Oh Melbourne Is
    Oh Melbourne Is
    So Wonderful
    So Wonderful
    Oh Melbourne Is So Wonderful
    It's Full Of Tits, Fanny And Football
    Oh Melbourne Is So Wonderful

12. golazo mvfc

golazo mvfc New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Melbourne.
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Re: A-League squad comings and goings

Commmmee On Mellbourrrneee Aleeeeeee!! .........

13. Cesc_MVFC

Cesc_MVFC New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Melbourne, Aus
    Hope Telstra dome ease up on their rules. Like can't stand on level 3 and no drums and they closed off south end to put the away fans because they say of crowd violence, did you see how many wellington fans lol

they dont let supporters support....

14. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quite a sorry rule innit?

15. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Ok- which one of you "Sack Merrick" supporters sent off his resume to Port Vale? ;)

http://www.theage.com.au/news/soccer/merrick-in-a-port-storm/2007/11/30/1196394624180.html

16. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Nick Ward signs for Victory

I added this as a new thread, to bring attention to it, and have now merged it with the Melb thread. :cool:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Olyroo-Ward-signs-with-Victory/2007/12/05/1196812809486.html

17. Quicky

Quicky Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Wherever I May Roam
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Sh!t its been quiet on the MV thread lately!!

Gotta say i'm pretty stoked that we've managed to recruit someone of Nicky's calibre midseason. It's certainly addressed an area we've been lacking. How we went into the season with only three strikers on the roster is beyond me and a huge mistake!! Maybe the recruiting department will turn its attention to bringing in a real right-sided midfielder - after all we havn't had one since Kitzbichler left at the end of season one. My hot tip!! - Spase Dilevski who does'nt seem to be getting any game time for Universitea Craiova. Would fit in well methinks!!

WTF Merrick still no Kaz last week!! The guys one of the few players we have who can actually create something and you never play him!! Archie needs some help for f#*ks sake!! If you you're banking on Allsopp to create WE ARE FUCT!!

Lets see:

--------Allsopp----Thompson-------
    -----------------------------------
    -------------Patafta---------------
    --Caceres-------------------Kemp--
    ------------------Hernandez---------
    ----------Brebner-------------------
    ------------------------------------
    -------Ryall---Vargas---Muscat------
    -------------------------------------
    -------------Theoklitos---------------
    Int: Langerak, Keenan, Love, Broxham

We might actually create a winning score line with this bunch. Please please lets not see a three man midfield of Muscat, Brebner and Broxham!!! Just as an aside - i reckon Dilevski would look real nice where i've typed in 'Kemp'.

This week - Make or break VS Adelaide United!!! Lets see some positivity Merrick!!! Lets see the exciting, creative Victory we all grew to love in AL Version II !!!

Come on the march to VICTORY!!!!!!!!

18. DandyMick

DandyMick New Member

Jun 7, 2007
    To not play Kaz against Perth was ridiculous. We need goals, Kaz can create them. On the positive side Allsopp may not play this week, which I honestly believe is a boost for Victory.

19. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Defiant Olyroos midfielder Nick Ward has vowed to bounce back and prove himself in Europe, sooner rather than later, after severing ties with Queens Park Rangers to link up with Melbourne Victory.

Though he will be back in time for a home debut against Newcastle Jets next Sunday - and be available for the Victory's AFC Champions League campaign - Ward, 22, sees his return to his roots as little more than a stopover en route to a second coming in the world's most competitive football continent.

"I haven't given up on making it in Europe, quite the opposite," said the former Perth Glory ace who has 14 Olyroos appearances to his name.

"The truth is I need to be playing games and that just wasn't happening at Queens Park Rangers."

"Joining Melbourne gives me the chance to get my match fitness up to where it should be and to get back a bit of lost confidence."

"I hope I can help them reach the finals but it looks a bit of a struggle at the moment."

http://newtwg.sbs.com.au/home/index.php?pid=st&cid=101369

20. RED STRIPE MAGIC

Oct 20, 2006
    Melbourne
    no one has really beem on because melbourne has been dissapointing.

And people are sick of complaning about.

21. RED STRIPE MAGIC

Oct 20, 2006
    Melbourne
    well not what we wanted but at least melboune manage to put 2 goals on the board even thou one of them we a own goal and they other a penitly kick. we need to win all 5 games if melbourne are really thinking about playing finals.

kaz should start again next week and you really wonder why he ghasn't been all year.. oh yea that right becaUSE we payed more money for hernaze /(spelling) and was hoping thaT he was going to come through. howevr i feel hernaze doesn't have the speed to back up his skill and i feel he is too slow on the pitch.

kaz to start next week and allsop and barb to be benched. it worked this week why not do it next week and two players like allsop and barb would be good coming off the bench. even cercers (spelling) should also be starting. kaz and cercer is what melbourne have been lacking from the start of round 1 this season and with them on the pitch melbourne really look more dangerours on the field when they go forward...

22. DandyMick

DandyMick New Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Agreed. I don't think i'm going out on a limb by suggesting the Victory fans on this forum have been bewildered by the lack of game time initially given to Caceres and Kaz. We may not have won the match but by golly, we looked dangerous for long periods. I hope Merrick sticks with starting Kaz, though if I was a betting man...

23. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Merrick got plenty of stick from the crowd for replacing Kaz with Leandro. Leandro was absolute crap when he came on, he was wondering around looking lost for most of the time.

24. Glory08

Glory08 Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    In this recent game, atleast you guys scored 2 goals aswell! That is only the 3rd time this season your side has scored more than 1 goal!

Surely Merrick can see the effect those two had on your performance. As we all hope, hopefulyl Merrick retains Caceras and Patafta to start next match.

Hopefully Patafta especially can start most of the remaining matches. It's possible it may be too little, too late, but then, Melbourne still has a chance to make the Top 4 and it's probably about the time to start taking some risks, when it comes to trying to produce some results. So that includes what he did this recent match, but hopefully he decides to stick with it and actually bench Allsopp, yeah. Allsopp could still be effective as a late sub possibly anyway.

25. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Well done Melbourne- We've reached the end of this thread- if someone would like to start up the....

Official Melbourne Victory Thread II [R]

......it would be appreciated. I'll amend the links once done. Cheers.