Official: Mano Menezes, the new coach

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Colorado_GAUCHO, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Muricy declined.

Gaucho Mano Menezes took the job.

2. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    well, that sucks. CBF always have their offers declined, wtf.

3. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The job sucks that's why. Nobody wants to be Brasil's coach. Argentina lost at QF, Maradona had a heroes welcome, Uruguay paraded their people in Montevideo like they won the WC. Meanwhile Dunga won every single thing but the WC and he was criticized from beginning to end and crucified by the press (and thus people). If Brasil doesn't win in 2014 I don't want to be in Mano's shoes. Not to mention the amount of pressure like idiots calling for Neimar and Ganso and even fat Ronaldo. Let's face it, the job sucks. And Mano doesn't have the balls to be himself. He's calling the Santos kids and other clowns this monday. CBF and the players agents gotta make their money. Nike should be made happy, and Globo should be made happy as well. Nobody gives a damn if Brasil wins or looses when $ is in their pocket. This stupid Teixeira is there forever. He made all kinds of stupid calls, coaches get the boot and Teixeira is like a king in there. CBF SUCKS!!!

4. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling Menezes' NT performances will get him fired no later than mid-2012.

5. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    As long as he grants Globo exclusive interviews and calls the players the agents and etc want to have it sold to Europe he should last a little longer.

6. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Globo and Ricardo Teixeira are such scum. They knew it all along Muricy wasn't going to accept. Teixeira even pulled a domenech on him.

[​IMG]

7. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I can live with the first half of that, not the second though.

If he does poorly people will be begging for Scolari in 2012. If he does well will CBF be thinking, "well, now we're stuck, we were hoping we'd be able to bring Scolari in"?

I'm a bit cynical right now, but Dunga taught me to wait and see. Also, I don't know much about Mano Menezes having not followed the Brasileirao as closely in recent years (until Flamengo's run). For one I had no idea he was gaucho! So what else should I know about him?

8. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He's a well known person in Rio Grande do Sul for quite sometime. He worked in Colorado's youth academies and had some part on the many great players that came out of there. Then he started coaching smaller countryside teams and it was with the Xavante he was successful first. Then he moved to Quinze de Novembro and made a very good team out of nowhere with his great organizational skills and great leadership. He was able to put the pressure on Inter and Gremio on the Gauchao scene and also moved the 15 to the later stages of Copa do Brasil that year. Then when Gremio was on segundona he miraculously got them out of there while using players he launched like MAn Utd Anderson and others. He was a good coach at a mediocre gremio and made the team achieve a lot more than they were really capable of when they made libertadores final. He has the same style of Scolari in the respect of making less than good players work well. He should be ok, but then again. With the players available who wouldn't. Is possible that anybody can coach Brasil and come out with a 60% win ration anyways. I just want to see him not bending over to Globo, Nike and other evil forces.

1 person likes this.
  9. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Anyways, that crook Sanchez must be so happy with Mano being the coach. He's going to call up Dentinho and other lamers from CUrintians and expedite their way to European teams so they will all make money and laugh at us the fans.

CBF is rotten.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fFxGt1jBew&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Kajuru[/ame]

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That image says it all. What a douche and Muricy is trying to be classy.

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    A couple career highlights:
    - Took command of Grêmio in the second division and earned a promotion with them.
    - Took Grêmio the following year to the finals of the Libertadores and lost to Boca.
    - Took command of Corinthians in the second division and earned promotion.
    - Won the Paulista and Copa do Brasil with Corinthians.

A few projections of mine:
    - He'll use his favorite formation: 4-2-3-1.
    - I wouldn't be surprised to see Lucas and Anderson in his squads as well as some ex and current Corintianos such as André Santos and Cristian.

12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I see someone is still mad over not winning the Copa Do Brasil against O Timao last year :rolleyes:

Corinthians is a class squad. they have a number of NT ready players. Jucilei, Elias, Dentinho, Ralf. so please...stop.

Mano aside from making Gremio what it is now when it got relegated also took Corinthians from its deep and dark ashes to make it a Brasileirao contender. too bad he didn't do as well in Libertadores, but his Copa Do Brasil and Paulistao championship last season after promoting Corinthians showed he is a class coach and coach more than ready to handle the responsibilities that come with it.

13. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    with that said.

Mano Menezes' press conference is tomorrow, 12:00 (Brasília time).

most likely to formally accept the Brazil job.

14. Andr3sfc

Andr3sfc Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Manaus
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was really into the idea of Muricy being the coach.

Mano is a great choice, no doubt, but I just think Muricy would fit better.

but, yeah, I liked it. the NT is in good hands.

15. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    There was a commentary in estadao.com.br that I could not read - they require a paid subscription - that said something like this:

CBF has no plans for 2014! - the article was not accessible...

I can see they just run things on a day-to-day basis, they have no strategy whatsoever... they don't consult beforehand with anyone before making their lousy decisions public... and then they have to scramble and look around for someone else...
    Just look at the way the selecao prepared for the SA world cup ... totally crazy, nobody was ready for anything!
    This idiot Teixeira must go ASAP!!!
    Please bring someone with a real vision of what we all want for 2014.. I am very pessimistic about the next 4 years.

16. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    CBF sucks, and the job of coaching is the toughest job - if we win, it is because of Robinho, Kaka, Luis Fabiano etc.

Any poor performance is first blamed on the coach.

If player A is not called, blame the coach.
    If player B is called, blame the coah!

And on top of all this, we have to live with the idiots at CBF (Teixeira)

LOL

17. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Happy that Mano got the job instead of Muricy. Mano is like a more sophisticated and literate and less thuggish version of Muricy. He is also all for motivation, discipline and teamwork, but unlike Muricy still appreciating good football. It remains a question whether either one of them can make it out of the brasileirao but I have more confidence in Mano. His philosophy is truly pragmatic while Muricy's is plain negative. Playing defensive football is not pragmatic, itsjust lack of ideas. I'd expect a 4-3-3 but he has a lot of tactical vision so he might try something else according to the players he has in mind.

Good choice, Leonardo would have been better imo, but glad it isn't Muricy.

18. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You are very naive. I hate CUrintias since I started walking. I didn't got into this yesterday like you did pal.

AHAHAHAAHAH

1 person likes this.
  19. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I have an uneasy feeling with this choice but he deserve at best 2 years to see what direction he is taking the squad. One thing though I better not see a recall of Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos.

20. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    Here is a portion of the article from globoesporte.com of Mano accepting the job:

"Durante a entrevista do treinador, os jogadores Ronaldo, Elias, Dentinho, Julio Cesar, Roberto Carlos, Iarley e Alessandro invadiram a sala de imprensa do Parque São Jorge para cumprimentá-lo. Ao lado, o presidente Andrés Sanches, que contratou o treinador no fim da temporada 2007, logo após o rebaixamento para a Série B do Campeonato Brasileiro, acompanhava com os olhos marejados."

Welcome to the 2014 selecao!!!

21. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    If we run a 4-3-3, I expect something similar to Santos. Robinho, Neymar and Pato up top with a possible midfield of Ganso, Ramires and Hernanes.

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    With that midfield, it would be suicide. We need someone in the midfield that is more of a marker than anything, but also has qualities to play a good ball such as Sandro.

23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Also, just to note, I don't expect Neymar nor Ganso to get a starting role so soon. Maybe in 2 years, they'll finally be breaking into the starting 11. Mano may start with a basic Brazilian 4-4-2 with Pato and Robinho up front.

24. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    The Aug 10 friendly will be made up of "Brazilians" only... not sure if Robinho would be included... definitely not Pato, at least for this first game.

25. urubudagavea

urubudagavea New Member

May 5, 2009
    setor verde
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I am just glad that Dunga is gone. Even though Mano is not my first choice at least he is a real coach with experience. Not just some former player converted into a coach.