Official LA Galaxy @ DC United Post Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Knave, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Yeah, I got the impression from the audio <shakes fist at the video gods> that the score had a lot to do with Donovan being motivated for once. (If only that useless sob had been motivated during the freaking World Cup. Idiot's got his priorities all out of whack.)

2. dcuni_ted

dcuni_ted Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I completely agree. Let me just say, don't pin this on Perkins. His defense was worthless.

3. Vasco

Vasco New Member

Jun 8, 2003
    RIO
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

contract says first team plays at least a half. this is part of the simms purchase

after this crap today, they should play the whole dam game

4. s0ccerm0m

s0ccerm0m New Member

May 8, 2005
    Last year, I bemoaned us being in the East when RSL and Chivas were almost guaranteed wins. This year, the West looks stronger. We just got killed at home by the last place team in the west. And they looked terrific. Yes, I know this is their MO. They take the first part of the year off, barely make the playoffs, and then turn it on with all of the energy they saved by not playing for four months. But they looked like the real deal tonight.

Tonight was the first night that I thought our defense looked tired. I don't know how we give them a rest, though. Prideaux wasn't even on the bench.

5. s0ccerm0m

s0ccerm0m New Member

May 8, 2005
    Looked to me like they are tired. I wish they didn't even have to go.

6. pokemoncards

pokemoncards New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Was Freddy injured, if not why didn't he start at A-mid. This was his chance to "take the keys" which is what he's going to need to be succesful. He's played well at the wing but he'll never be a great winger IMO. Anyway, hopefully Nowak can work harder to motivate them. Chelsea was able to remain consistent the last two seasons. Something D.C. has yet to do despite being the "Chelsea of MLS"

7. Wallydrag

Wallydrag BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 24, 2002
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay. Exhale.

What happened in this game is that LA created their own luck while we didn't.

We're also not playing that great as a team like we once did at the beginning of the season. Kristin Kruger, the sideline reporter for HDNet, quoted Moreno saying that the team isn't playing together as a team right now and that they need to get back to that.

The backline just wasn't in sync tonight either. Every player has a bad game and tonights was Namoff's. Combination of bad and unlucky.

Can't fault Troy with any of the goals except the last one where he just fell for the fake hook, line, and sinker.

Walker's abscence of technical ability was like a big wart on the forehead tonight. If the rest of the team isn't clicking his speed isn't worth crap.

I thought we were on the right track after the win against RBNY in the USOC but wow. The play improved dramatically once Gomez came in. Freddy added some to the attack but not as much as was needed.

8. dcuni_ted

dcuni_ted Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you haven't noticed, he has been playing like crap.

9. s0ccerm0m

s0ccerm0m New Member

May 8, 2005
    I have to weigh in about our corner kicks. We had five corner kicks tonight. When will we start making something happen from these opportunities? At least we got one from a FK.

10. Wallydrag

Jul 24, 2002
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Under Steve Sampson, yes. This was their MO. But the moment Frank Yallop stepped foot in the HDC and told everyone to gather up, it was a different team that was going to win. Love or hate LA, Fank Yallop is one of the best MLS coaches ever and he will make his teams competitive and win.

11. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle
    I have a feeling September 23, is gonna be "A Special Day".

12. s0ccerm0m

s0ccerm0m New Member

May 8, 2005
    Uh.....we gave up four goals after he came in.

Agreed, once LA started playing defense with their lead, we had more possession, but we were pushing too hard for the equalizer and left ourselves vulnerable to the counterattack.

13. GUTuna

GUTuna Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Washington, DC USA
    I'm too stunned to be upset yet.

Obviously our worst defensive performance of the year. Three of the goals came off breakaways. LA had two or three other golden chances they squandered too.

Our workrate was there, but we just got beat in most parts of the game. They didn't hack us, they just outplayed us the whole time. LA is the only team that plays well at RFK, it's really odd.

In any case, there was an absolutely wonderful crowd there and we got a royal beatdown.

I'll be posting later when the anger fully sets in...

14. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the non-video issue... we in LA watched the game on a local Spanish channel.... one that used to be included in the Direct Kick™ package. I wonder why it wasn't?

Any ideas?

tm

15. Wallydrag

Jul 24, 2002
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The play still improved dramatically. That's what's so sad about the whole affair. Gomez provided direction which was serverly lacking in the first half. Anything postive that happened seemed to genesis from him to include DC's second goal. The rest of the team just couldn't finish to opportunities he was providing.

16. pokemoncards

pokemoncards New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    so has everyone else on the team.

17. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle

I love freddy as much as anyone else but he just isn't that good yet. He has to improve by a) not loosing the ball, b) not being easily muscled off the ball and c) getting a little more accurate on his shots on goal.

If he does those things he will be worthy of the hype.

As for Chelsea... Here were their last two results:
    Chelsea 0 - Manchester City 2
    Middlesbrough -1 Chelsea - 3

18. Kosh

Kosh "We are all Kosh"

Aug 1, 2006
    Harrisburg, PA
    WTF??? Should we hit the panic button?? Man I hate LA almost as much as I hate the red stools...and this is what I get, an 11 goal gut punch. Is this just a bad patch here, or has something about us been exposed? Will Donnet's arrival revive things, or are we staring at another late seaon crash? WTF?!?!?

19. pokemoncards

pokemoncards New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    He's better at A-mid than Ben Olsen, who's better at the wing than Jamil Walker.

20. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, did LA have space down the wings all darn night long. Despite all the wins that DC has racked up in the last 2 and a half years, this is the thing that always scares me. Teams can play a 3 back system effectively in MLS for the most part because the wing play in this league is awful. That's why LA hurts us, because flippin' Cobi Jones always hurts us. Well, cue Quavas Kirk. This is a kid that the LA fans are alway moaning about, and he tore us a new one today. Just like Chicago last year, just like the Revs the year before or tonight against LA, any team that has a winger who has a really good game can put this team in a world of hurt. We simply can't cover the deep flanks against the better wingers with speed.

21. dcuni_ted

dcuni_ted Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are still in first, and there is reason to panic, yet. D.C. needs to calm down and collect themselves. There is still some time left the playoffs.

22. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Wha?

Chelsea 2:0 Man City
    Boro 2:1 Chelsea

23. s0ccerm0m

s0ccerm0m New Member

May 8, 2005
    I wonder if Nowak is setting Freddy up to be back on the bench in favor of Donnet.

24. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle

Alright everyone... take a deep breath, a long guzzle of whatever beverage and a long toke on whatever you're smokin and kick back to Chivas hopefully beating Houston tonight. I've come to the conclusion that it's ok to cheer for Chivas at least tonight...

25. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle

that's right. sorry about that, i don't know where those incorrect results came from.