Official Guilford College Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by FearM9, Sep 7, 2002.

1. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Well as most of you are aware my #2 Homie G. Funk (*Crazy_Chastain*)is a forward on the Guilford College team. Tonight she played for about 20 mins in the second half against perennial powerhouse UNC. The Quakers lost 9-0 against the Tar Heels. Ugh.

Last weekend the Quakers lost to Maryville from Tennessee 1-0. Ugh. Here are stats from that match:

http://www.guilford.edu/sports/Wsoccer/2002/HTML/gc-mar.htm

WAR Quakers!!!

--------------------------

Womens soccer hompage:

http://www.guilford.edu/athletics/athletics.cfm?ID=a000010

2. *Crazy_Chastain*

*Crazy_Chastain* New Member

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida
    thanks Homie G Funk!

we played Agnes Scott this morning to a 1-0 victory in overtime. We dominated the whole game, but couldn't seem to find the net. It was a good game though.

3. FreedomFan526

FreedomFan526 New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    Virginia
    Congratulations on your win!

4. *Crazy_Chastain*

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida

thanks dude!

5. *Crazy_Chastain*

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida
    On Thursday we played Methodist College to a 0-0 overtime tie. Today, we beat Warren Wilson College 5-0, getting goals from 5 different players, including Kim Mullen who had a goal and 2 assists, and Megan Barolet-Fogarty who had 1 goal and 1 assist.

Our record now stands at 2-2-1...our best start since I've been here!

6. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    way to beat their little rich asses. i'm not a fan of those people. although their captian and goalie is nice.

7. FreedomFan526

FreedomFan526 New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    Virginia
    Crazy_Chastain --- What is your name? I was checking out your team's site and I wondered which one was you.

8. *Crazy_Chastain*

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida

Its Beth...I'm #4.

9. *Crazy_Chastain*

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida
    Today we played Hollins University in an Old Dominion Athletic Conference match-up. We won 14-0, with Kim Mullen leading scorers with 5 goals and 3 assists. Ashley Moore added 3 goals, and Lori Layton had 2 goals and 1 assist. I scored 1 goal (assisted by Elizabeth Appenzeller) and had 1 assist on a Bobbie Brewington goal. Other scorers included Trina Scurka and Alissa VanZee-Phillips (penalty kick). Danielle Brisotti and Rachel Chaffin combined for the season's 4th shutout, a new Guilford College record.

10. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooo

goooooooooooo bethie.

11. piper

piper New Member

Go Beth, Go Beth, GO GO GO Beth!! :D

12. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, you're so mean. ;)

That's a great record since facing UNC. Keep it rolling.

13. *Crazy_Chastain*

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida
    We lost 3-2 on Saturday to Randolph Macon Women's College on a bull ************ goal. Kim Mullen scored both goals, one coming off of a PK. On the bright side, we won 12-0 at Sweet Briar College today. Kim Mullen had 3 goals, 2 assists; Alex Hutton had 3 goals, 1 assist; Ashley Moore had 2 goals, Alissa VanZee-Phillips, Kasie Gray, Brandee Adams and myself had 1 apiece. Megan Barolet-Fogarty had 1 assist (on my goal). Both matches were Old Dominion Athletic Conference matches, and our record is now 4-3-1 (2-1 ODAC) Our next match is Wednesday, September 25 at Ferrum College at 4 pm, then we're back at home on Thursday the Sept. 26 versus Emory & Henry College at 4 pm in an Old Dominion Athletic Conference match.

14. piper

piper New Member

Good luck tomorrow Beth!

15. *Crazy_Chastain*

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida

thanks Pimp!

Correction: Kim Mullen had 2 goals, 3 assists, not 3 goals, 2 assists. Megan Barolet-Fogarty had 1 goal, 1 assist, rather than just 1 assist.

16. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bethie- is it a little hard to keep up w/ who scored all those goals? :D:D CONGRATS good luck in the next game!

17. *Crazy_Chastain*

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida
    Yesterday we played an undermanned Ferrum College to a 12-2 win. Alex Hutton scored a school and ODAC record 7 goals and had 1 assist. Kim Mullen had 4 goals and 1 assist and Trina Scurka had 1 goal. I'm not sure yet who had the rest of the assists. Ferrum opened their scoring when Lori Layton got cracked in the ankle and instead of playing til the ball went out of bounds, the referree stopped play immediately, giving them the ball on the top our 18 yard box right in front of the goal. We outshot them 43-10 and their dean was on the sidelines commending them for hurting people. These girls played so dirty, pulling jerseys left and right; reminded me of the dang Beat! :p Whats even worse is that they tried to justify it cause they were playing 2 men down, like that was supposed to make it ok or something. :rolleyes: Glad thats over and we got out of that with only a severely sprained ankle.

18. piper

piper New Member

*gasps*

I can't believe what I'm reading! Whatever do you mean?!

Maybe ya'll were pulling a BC and diving all over the place? :p

CONGRATS ON THE WIN!!!!!!!!!! Go kick your coach. :p

19. *Crazy_Chastain*

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida
    We won 5-0 today, we're 6-3-1 now (3-1 conference). Kim Mullen had 2 goals, Kasie Gray and Trina Scurka had 1 apiece. I played the last 5 minutes of the game because Trina came off hurt. I was one of two subs in the game. Coach then proceeded to tell us to take the day off tomorrow cause everyone looked exhausted out there. Well gee ya think? That tends to happen when all the starters play 90 plus minutes a game. Apparently he's never heard of subbing. :rolleyes: :mad:

20. jstats

jstats Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Oakville, MO (south
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How have you been playing as of late?

I just came back to BS but have been hearing about this thread all season long. I was just wonderin how y'all are doing as the season progresses. Please let us know :)

21. *Crazy_Chastain*

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida
    We're 6-6-1 now...we're on a 3 game losing streak :(. We lost to Randolph-Macon College 3-0, Washington and Lee University 8-1, and #12 Roanoke College 3-1(2 of their goals came in the last 10 minutes :eek: )

22. jstats

jstats Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Oakville, MO (south
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks

I appreciate you updating us. I heard XYZ talking about your game the night of it and we were both pulling for you guys. Well good luck the rest of the season and know that you have atleast 2 fans in St. Louis :)

23. RevFan17

RevFan17 New Member

Jul 6, 2001
    Hey Beth -

I was just cruising through the site and saw this thread. Very cool! I went to Guilford my first year and played for the Men's team (Fall of '97). I tranasferred closer to home but I still keep tabs on the different teams.

Good Luck with the rest of the year!

24. *Crazy_Chastain*

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida
    damn I keep forgetting to update this. Things have been looking better for us lately. We are now 9-8-2 and close out the season tomorrow at 7 pm on Eastern Mennonite University's turf field. We lost 4-1 to 14th-ranked Lynchburg College, then beat Averett University 5-0, tied the South's 2nd-ranked Virginia Wesleyan College 2-2, defeated Peace College 3-0, and beat conference rival Bridgewater College 2-0 to help ease our way into this weekend's Old Dominion Athletic Conference tournament. We have not yet clinched berth, but we will if we win tomorrow night's match. If we happen to lose tomorrow's match, our destiny will depend on Thursday's match between Randolph-Macon College and Randolph-Macon Women's College. If one of them wins, they are in and so are we, and loser is out. But if we lose tomorrow and they tie (which is not very likely) then we are left out. So pray for us...a whole bunch needs to happen!!!

25. *Crazy_Chastain*

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida
    Also, Danielle Brisotti, our goalkeeper got ODAC Player of the Week. We went 2-1 this week and she broke the season shutout record, posting her 8th and 9th shutouts.