Official Fire Jurgen Klinsmann Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by ussoccer97531, May 22, 2014.

1. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Making to the knockout rounds is meeting expectations for the USMNT these days (We've done so in 4 of the last 6 World Cups with 4 different coaches). Many will feel like making it out of this group was exceeding expectations.

So Klinsmann is safe. Beyond safe.

2. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a good point. Those on the Landon bandwagon constantly harping on him have had an excuse for any and every potential issue surrounding Landon since his sabbatical.

Might Jurgen have been as ass or in the wrong at times? Sure. But some have deflected and excused any role Landon might have had in this. He literally has never done anything questionable and deserves absolutely zero blame whatsoever in what happened.

From the sabbatical to numerous public comments to poor form at times to having questionable fitness, not any of it can possibly be Landon's fault. Anytime someone questions anything regarding Landon, there is always an excuse. Always.

Namdynamo, CCinGermany and sXeWesley repped this.
  3. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not in the fire Klinsy camp...

But I disagree with you. Around the 70-80 minute to even later, it was very possible that Ghana would pull ahead... And we played with fire by staying compact when we had to go for the goal if Ghana went up ahead.

4. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    And you go forward against that Germany team and they score 2-3 more on you. Just ask Portugal how fast that happened.

No, it was the right choice.

5. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Easy to say when that didn't happen and the game ended 0-1.

taylor repped this.
  6. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    No easier to say that going forward would have done anything. It has already been proven in the Portugal game that when a team with a poor defense went forward Germany punished them. Don't see how yo can say either argument is easier to say than the other. At least my point had been done before in a previous game.

ckl26 repped this.
  7. Lobos4Sale

Lobos4Sale Member

Mar 6, 2014
    Club:
    Phoenix Monsoon
    Time to delete this thread in shame.

The Clientele and owian repped this.
  8. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    Can't tell if it is sarcasm or not --- but if not, wow! And just to make sure you get my point -- yes, this 1-0 loss to a team like Germany, which was enough to get us to the knockout round was a great loss!
    Agreed -- CLOSE THIS THREAD IT IS IRRELEVANT, and should be embarrassing to anyone who still espouses this position.

9. Bluecat82

Bluecat82 Member+

Feb 24, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NOW CAN WE CLOSE THIS THREAD???????

owian repped this.
  10. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why close it? I want to fire Jurgen.

We weren't proactive enough. He broke a promise to me.

orcrist repped this.
  11. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    If we reach the QF......

12. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cheers to the team and to the coach. Viva Omar!

The Clientele repped this.
  13. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reasons to keep this thread open:

1. Lothar and Lowenboy both post here . . .
    2. The mods don't want to mess with a JK thread in News and Analysis
    3. He deserves to coach, at least one more game . . .(ducks). Maybe more . .

14. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    ROFL....I'm done posting to this one. Anyone who thinks it's [JK's success] still an issue needs serious counseling. ;)

15. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Portugal was down a man. Let's not pretend to know what would have happened. In terms of strategy, you should absolutely try to get a goal back, because we were closer to getting eliminated by Ghana than Portugal.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  16. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    I'm glad it's all about his promise to you!! Too freaking funny. His promise was to make us successful --- what he says for the general public about specific approaches is interesting but not something I'm going to feel betrayed by. How do you feel about his statement before the Germany game that we would change the lineup ...then with the additional insinuation that we would use (more) players familiar with the German players? That insinuation was total fabrication and totally fair.

And, btw, us pressing Germany deep in their half was not proactive enough for you? Us not going to corner flag only down 1-0 in stoppage time was not proactive enough for you? I'm done with thread --- it has absolutely become totally irrelevant.

17. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    your sarcasm meter may be broken.

Mr Martin and MadRHatter repped this.
  18. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    But that's part of the game. I could easily say the USA was down because they lost Altidore and had to change tactics.

"What ifs" don't mean anything. Everyone had their chance to win and only the US and Germany got it done. Period. That's all that counts.

19. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What did Donovan do? He got older. He said he couldn't go full out every time, but he still would have been one of our best sub options (even before Jozy's injury made it obvious), and Klinsmann was dead wrong to leave him out. Beyond that, for a team without any stars to dump our only local legend diminished the World Cup for many Americans - only a non-American would have done it. If we are competing for finals or semi-finals, or had a talent packed bench, that's a different situation.

I'm not for firing him, but that will always be a strike against Klinsmann, in my opinion. Let us be proud of one of the best the USA has ever produced, you German $&#@.

Congrats for making the knock-out stage.

pichichi2010 repped this.
  20. RossD

RossD Member+

Aug 17, 2013
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    1) Donovan quit. He took a 3 month sabbatical away from the game to go on vacation.
    2) your opinion is that he would have been our best sub off the bench. It's your guess, not a fact.
    Who's to say that even if he was on the bench that JK would have put Donovan into a game.
    3) his job is to take the best team possible, and to go as far into the tournament as possible. Not to provide a nice viewing experience for novice soccer fans.

I'm proud of Donovan and what he's accomplished for club and country and I have no problem with JK leaving him off the team.

21. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He came back and gave his all, as he has always done.
    That goes without saying.
    You're wrong. Do the best thing for US Soccer. He didn't.
    If there are no unused subs in this WC, that will make it easier to believe there was no room for him. So far, we'd have gotten just as far with Donovan, in my opinion. I could see us getting more shots on goal in the Germany game, for example. Not to distract, the question is whether there was room on the bench for him or not.

Lothar is 1 repped this.
  22. ty webb

ty webb Member

Aug 28, 2005
    NYC
    Can we now delete this thread and ban the "fans" who wanted our best coach in our history fired?

owian and BimmerBenz95 repped this.
  23. Namdynamo

Namdynamo Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    #2248 Namdynamo, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
    I don't want this thread deleted, so I can go back and re-read from the beginning to enjoy all the idiocy.

I don't want those "fans" ban neither, I want to continue to read all their idiotic posts in the future and laugh at it.

:D

24. El_tri321mex

El_tri321mex Member

Oct 20, 2006
    berkeley
    USA played very horrible today regardless it qualified thru , Well done Belgium shall go down .

taylor repped this.
  25. dodgergabe

dodgergabe New Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Fire (Head Coach) Thread is a BS tradition, can't close it no matter the results.

luftmensch and Gamecock14 repped this.