Official "FC Dallas Weekly" radio show thread (Thursdays, 7-8 PM)

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by wcharriscpa, Apr 23, 2006.

1. wcharriscpa

wcharriscpa Member

Arsenal FC
    Dec 26, 2000
    Austin
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The "radio show" thread got me to thinking that maybe, as was done last year, we could sticky this. I know it helped to remind me about the show. And DJ's archives sure helped me with the (short-lived) Executive Summaries. Now that tax season's over, I'm going to try and do some more of those for as long as I can. If nobody can archive it, I'll look into doing it myself.

http://fc.dallas.mlsnet.com/MLS/new...ent_id=56754&vkey=news_fcd&fext=.jsp&team=fcd

"For the second straight season FC Dallas is back with a pair of radio shows to give FC Dallas fans the inside scoop on everything Hoops. Esta Semana con FC Dallas, the Hoops Spanish language radio show on KFCD 990 AM and FC Dallas Weekly, their English show on KXEB 910 AM, air Tuesday and Thursday respectively from 7-8 p.m."

(english) KXEB 910 AM online stream: http://www.txproradio.com/airAmericaDallas_Home.html

(spanish) KFCD 990 AM online stream: http://www.990texastalkradio.com/
    This link is not currently active. It was last year. And I am providing it just in case they get it up and running again.

2. wcharriscpa

wcharriscpa Member

Arsenal FC
    Dec 26, 2000
    Austin
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://fc.dallas.mlsnet.com/MLS/new...ntent_id=57339&vkey=pr_fcd&fext=.jsp&team=fcd

FC DALLAS WEEKLY LIVE FROM DAVE AND BUSTER'S IN FRISCO: FC Dallas Weekly is back at Dave and Buster's inside the Stonebriar Mall in Frisco this Thursday night, starting at 7 p.m. Defender Drew Moor, fresh off his first start of the 2006 season, will stop by to chat with Ray Canevari about last weekend's win over K.C., and how that sets the team up going into this weekend's battle against D.C. United, the only other unbeaten team in MLS. FC Dallas Head Coach Colin Clarke will also stop by for his weekly Coach's Corner, as will Dallas morning News soccer writer Steve Davis and a host of other soccer insiders.

3. wcharriscpa

wcharriscpa Member

Arsenal FC
    Dec 26, 2000
    Austin
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://fc.dallas.mlsnet.com/MLS/new...ent_id=57393&vkey=news_fcd&fext=.jsp&team=fcd

"
    Last season marked the first year that every FC Dallas game was broadcast in English and Spanish.
    This year, the Hoops have taken that a step further by expanding the radio network across Texas and into Austin (KTXX 103.5 FM) and San Antonio (KOKE 1600 AM). All 32 MLS regular season matches, the "FC Dallas Weekly" and "Esta Semana con FC Dallas" weekly hour-long shows will air in all three markets.

The state-wide battle for soccer fans has begun in Texas and the Hoops have made a strong pledge in granting the San Antonio and Austin markets the ability to keep up with MLS, and FC Dallas in particular. "

"It was part of our strategy to begin with, but obviously we're in a turf war now with Houston," said FC Dallas general manager Michael Hitchcock. "That makes it more interesting. We certainly hope that [Dynamo] are taking the same approach to it as we are because we are going to fight for the consumer and we want to be the most popular team in Texas."

4. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering that Dyna-blow doesn't even have an English radio deal in Houston, I'd say that we're doing pretty well with that so far.

Also, factor in the fact our games on FSN Southwest will be shown throughout FSN Southwest's entire viewing area, except Houston, while their games are only shown in Houston, and I think on thing's clear:

FC Dallas is Texas' team.

5. Manck

Manck New Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Newberry SC
    FYP for the abrasive crowd.

6. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that's one big positive we've gotten out of the move from San Jose. FCD stepped up and got radio coverage outside Dallas. I have to wonder if this would've happened if there weren't a team in Houston.

I'm looking forward to listening to the show tonight. And it turns out that there's a soccer show on KOOP here in Austin at 6, so I'll get to have my fill of soccer as I'm driving around.

Is this really my life?

7. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    That's actually not true, the first Houston game was on here in Norman.

edit: by the way did anyone listen tonight?

8. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Manck once again sounded hungover.

9. Manck

Manck New Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Newberry SC
    Funny, because I hadn't had a drink since the tailgate prior to that phone call. And I was still hungover probably.

And Ray calls me to record the damn thing about 3.5 hours before i usually even wake up for work.

10. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what did ya say this week and did you get the dates right this time TEEHEE :p

11. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    Right, like Manck's gonna remember that. :D

12. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    This Week's show (tonight, by the way) will feature Ronnie O'Brien!

Is someone going to close caption it for the Irish impaired?

13. FC Dizzle

FC Dizzle Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    brilllllllllllllliant