Official Eintracht Frankfurt thread [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Doc_Aeppler, Dec 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Well, since every team has their own threats lately, I figured its about time to open one about Frankfurt too... Especially since our season has been anything but boring so far...

What is the oppinion about our young team, especially without wearing the black and red glasses?! Is it really as good and does it have as bright of a future as I believe and hope it does?!
    I mean there is some promising talent available, no doubt about that...
    Reinhart, Ochs, Meier, Köhler, Huber of the top of my head...
    Personally I think the mix is right this season, and if Keller and Schur can find back to their strength once more, than I think this season is not over yet for us...

Of course, actually i swore myself not even to think about promotion just 5 weeks ago or so, when we were stuck way down there. But the last games kinda awakend new hope...
    Plus in the second half of the season most of the good teams still have to come here: Duisburg Cologne, Fürth, Aachen... And in the Waldstadion we have been pretty strong so far, winning 6 of the 8 games scoring 20 goals...

I just love that new offensive kinda play! Probably because of the last season of Reimann-Defense, where we usually played with maximum 1 striker even at home games... It was just the worst kind of football i have ever seen, so i dont even care if our defense is so bad this season as long as our offense staies as good as it is... 4-4 is waaaay better than always 0-0....

Heres a link to an awesome short-video about the first half of the season that i found in the eintracht-board! its really worth watching it, imo

http://www.hawk-design.goracer.de/vid/bestofhinrunde.wmv

I would be glad for soem oppinions =)

cheers, Aeppler

2. Power_of_foot

Power_of_foot Red Card

May 28, 2004
    Re: Eintracht Frankfurt

Although Frankfurt is now relegated, that team will always come back to 1st division and win another UEFA Cup just like they did in the past.
    Frankfurt's legend will one day comne again

3. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet

Like to see them again.
    Really.

4. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart

Yeah, they will be back. But i think its asking too much for Frankfurt to be back in the first division next season.

5. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt

Agreed, it would be just like last season, where the team was just not ready for the first division....
    Plus, with that strange little club from that ghetto-suburb in Franfurts south-east probably promoting into 2nd division, heck, i got no problem with staying for one more year.... ;)

6. keller

keller New Member

May 20, 2003
    On The Galactica

Yep it does seem very likely that Offenbach will be playing you next season. Should make for, shall we say, a "lively" atmosphere!!!!

7. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt

heck yeah!

With Mainz, Dortmund and Lautern being relegated this could make an interesting league...

8. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund

Only been once this season, and that was against Dresden.
    Perhaps the Köln game will be a good one to go to? Since I am lazy and Aachen will be on DSF.
    One major gripe with Eintracht and that is the home Trikot, with the thin red stripes. What was Jako thinking???!!! :eek:

9. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Yeah I hope Eintracht make it one day.

10. Robert25

Robert25 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Los Angeles

The Questions is not if Frankfurt make it back to the Bundesliga.1, but when. I read in my Kicker season review how they have been going back and forth for some years. but never really seem able to stay.

Frankfurt is one of the largest German cities right? now with such a large population, surely a decent fanbase, how do they lack the means of staying? Last season I actually thought they'd make it in the 1st league. they had a good string of results going, but they collapsed as the season went on.

11. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany

Frankfurt actually is the fifth biggest city in Germany (the first 4 being Berlin, Hamburg, München and Köln). I hope that they will make it to the Bundesliga for a longer period, coz they do belong there, but this could take a while...

12. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund

Being quite skint and just evading being wound up/relegated a few divisions because of this, means they will be struggling for a few more seasons. I expect the derby next year against Offenbach to keep all locals happy.

13. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany

All locals? Maybe not the cops ;)

14. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96

I remember how excited everyone got when we played Braunschweig after all those years.
    Would be the same in Frankfurt I guess.

15. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt

absolutely
    the only derby we had in the last what, 10, 15 years, (im not quite sure right now, im too young ;) ) was in the cup last year.

we played them in the indoor tournament in frankfurt in december, and only because of this game, more than 1500 frankfurt and 1000 ofc tickets were sold. i have never seen such athmosphere in a hall! Especially when the got their asses kicked 6-2 by koblenz... :D
    After the game, when OFC was out of the tournament, most people left, even though frankfurt was still playing in the semis...
    We went to party in Sachsenhausen, and i geuss they went and cried at home...
    It was not about teh tournament, it was only about teh derby!!
    good times...

Btw, Eintracht won the Indoortournament in Oldenburg yesterday!!
    Oka "Elfmeterkilelr" Nikolov saved us in the shootout in teh final against Bremen! 3-1
    The best thing was kicking Duisburgs Asses 5-2 I think! Thats a good sign for the 2nd part of the season right there...

greetz, äppler

16. hoop

hoop New Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Dublin

:)
    yeah I saw that match it was great i'm just back from Frankfurt new year in Frankfurt is great ! if lautern,dortmund and mainz go down and offenbach get promoted than there will be just as good as being promoted either way its a win win situation! the only way it could be made better is if Fsv come up two! :D

17. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt

There will be a little tournament in the Waldstadion on February 21st including Eintracht, Kickers and Mainz. Everybody plays each otehr for 45 Minutes. The money that is rasied will be sent to South-East Asia.
    Quite honestly, i think the idea is good but i doubt that too much money can be rasied with that tournament, the polcie force that is needed will probably be so expencive that tehre is littel left...
    I mean as much as I would wish that, I can already tell you that this will probably not stay peacefull... Definitely the wrong teams for a nice peaceful tournament. Why didnt we invite Mannheim and Darmstadt too?! Or Hannover or Dresden for that matter... :D
    I wonder how they wanna keep the fans apart anyways?! I mean there are only two areas in the waldstadium... the Mainz fans will probably have to stay in the middle I would guess...
    They better hope that none of the other two groups will set foot in our stand! this would be the end of it all...
    Anyways, I hope for a full stadium so that at least a little moeny can be raised and I hope that it staies fair apart from the usual... But as I said I highly doubt that as I have heard that hools from Mannheim and Darmstadt are supposed to come too.... :(

Also Eintracht signed Alexander Vasoski last week, a macedonian National-defender age 25. I have never heard of him, but i think if he can play soccer at all he is probably good for our defense... :D

And more good news, Chris has been called free by the Court of Arbitration for Sports. The FIFA had given him a 4 Month Penalty because of contract-problems with a team in Brasil. Eintracht succesfully helped him to go into appeal...

greetz, Äppler

18. hoop

hoop New Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Dublin

well vasoki is an international so he has to be some good.
    I think the teams they've chosen are very bad for a friendly tournament. although at least it garuntees a high attendance.

19. keller

keller New Member

May 20, 2003
    On The Galactica

What a nightmare that would be for the police, having Eintracht, Offenbach , Mannheim and Darmstadt fans all in the same stadium!!

20. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt

Very important win against Aachen yesterday!!
    A big step in the right direction!
    Hope they keep goign that way...
    2 wins in next 2 homegames, Cologne and Saarbrücken, and things might look waaaay different...
    But I dont wanna overreact, it really wasnt a very good game and Aachens defense, especially the keeper seemed to have a very bad day...

greetz, Äppler

21. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion

As said before...really nice stadium. IMHO even one of Germany's best. But why was the attendance so low (19.000)? Though it was a Monday night game, but Aachen is a top team, you have a top stadium.....

22. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt

I agree, I was kinda disappoitned too...
    But 19000 isnt really bad for a monday-night game in the deepest winter...
    And sure, Aachen is an interesting opponent, but its not one that would get people out of their warm tv-seats, especially not when the next one is cologne... Im expecting a lot more for that game!
    Plus the stadium is still a constructionsite, so i guess that could be a reason for some poeple to stay at home... I mean until like 2 months ago, there wasnt a tight roof, not even to talk about all the mud all around... I think many people probably dont even know how far it is allready... I dunno...
    Thats just Frankfurt tough, for usual games the attendance never is that high, but then once there is the smallest chance again you will have 10000 people at the last awaygame in Cottbuss and could easily sell 100000s for the last homegame... its always been that way...

greetz, Äppl0r

23. hoop

hoop New Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Dublin

I heard Frankfurt played very well, waldstadion should be full for cologne

24. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt

well, first half was pretty good, there were sevral good chances to score another goal too. Especially DooRi had a very nice one...
    But as usual, second half wasnt that good, and we kinda let Aachen get into teh game a bit. Fortunately Aachen was really really bad on that day, so they werent able to use it...
    I liked how our defense plaied pretty good tough! Wasnt the case too often in the first half of the season... ;)

25. hoop

hoop New Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Dublin

the main problem in the first half of the season was eintracht taking ten shots at goal and controlling the play but defended very poorly and the other team would take one shot and it would go in ( Not giving out about proll ).