Official Eintracht Frankfurt Thread 06/07 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Doc_Aeppler, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    The old one was getting pretty full so heres a new threat.

Not too much happening at the moment.
    We still need to do two or three transfers, but Bruchhagen is right to wait until the market cools down a bit again. Its horribly overheated, i dunno where all those clubs take all that money from...

So far we have Fink, Streit and Takahara

Takahara scored 2 beautiful goals against Germany today, so I dont ever wanna hear the word "Chancentod" again! ;) Seriously tough, Im definitely looking forward for this guy! I also read that we might be doing a Japan-tour in July... Very interesting! He will be worth the money for the transfer, no doubt about that!

Our lineup could possibly look like this:

Amanatidis-Takahara
    -------Meier--------
    ------Huggel--Streit-
    ---Jones --- Fink----
    -Spycher-Chris-Ochs-
    ----Pröll or Nikolov----

Not too bad for a start, we will need a couple more players to gain more depth tough...

14th of September is the day that this whole city is waiting for, first round of the UEFA-Cup!
    We are not a seeded club, so we may face one of the big sides and everything is over after only 2 games... but well see
    Personally Im actually kinda hoping for something like West Ham, Rangers, Paris... Something interesting so that itll be worth a trip! S
    But I would be perfectly fine with Rejkjavik as well...

Well, not much more to say right now!
    What does everybody think?

greetz, Doc

EUROBBABOGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL :D

2. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Re: Official Eintracht Frankfurt Threat 06/07

Good signings IMO. Cheap too.

3. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart

Takahara was definetely a good signing. I'm not sure that Fink and Streit are above the level of the players you already had, but we'll see when the league starts.

I definetely wish Frankfurt the best in Europe, if you make it past the first round you'll be in a group of 5 as you probably know, and i can tell you from the past 2 years experience, playing in those groups is real good fun!

Good luck in 2007, Frankfurt!

4. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt

Thx, Im sure it is a lot of fun! I would totally freak out if we make the first round and get a couple of nice awaygame-trips... :)

I agree with you basically, Streit and Fink have yet to prove that they are better than those players that we do have allready.
    Yet on the other hand, its extremely hard to find any players that are clearly an improvement without taking a whole lot of money in your hand which we dont have. Im really really glad that we are not doing that... for once!
    I think that our 1st 11 is definitely bundesliga-worthy, we just need to get a lot deeper. our problem in the 2nd part of the season was that once 2 or 3 players got injured, there was little left to replace them... I mean yeah, Lexa and Russ did a pretty solid job there, but over a longer time they can hardly be considered Bundesliga-standart (Add a "yet" in Russ`case)...

greetz, Doc

5. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Sotirios Kyrgiakos will be an Eagle next season!
    http://transfermarkt.de/spieler/spieler_details.php4?spieler_id=9706
    The 26 year old greek nationalplayer will come from the Glasgow Rangers and joins Vasoski to form a real strong defense next season!
    He didnt cost anything and signed a 2-year contract.
    Great Buy! Im exited to see him play here!
    I read that he was voted into the "CL-groupstage-best-11" last seaon...

6. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Eintracht seems to be interested in Thurk. Or at least he seems to be interested...
    Heidel got pretty pissed and started crying... i thought it was pretty funny, dont think this transfer is gonna happen tough... mainz wont let him go and we barely ever really do sign players that have been mentioned in the media too much... :D
    I really wouldnt like to see him here either...
    we should sign another attacker yet tough, but theres plenty of time...

52 days till Europe! woohoo! :)

7. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    ThurkduSau signed a 3 year contract today!

I dont really know what to think of that.... I guess Ill just see the good sides to it, another homeboy on the team... he probably can help us.... tough i was kinda hopeing for someone to actually bring us forward... But what can you do, as long as the Hamburgs and Dortmunds out there pay surrealistic sums for just above average attackers, we aint gonna get one of these guys... not YET!

With Jones, Chris, Taka, Ochs, Preuss and Fink severall important players will have to be replaced in the first game, or probably even the first few games. It starts out just the way that last season ended and it pisses me off! :(

The lineup auf Schalke ought to look kinda like this:

---------------pröll------------------
    Rehmer--Kyrgiakos--Vasoski--Spycher
    --------------Huggel---------------
    ----------Streit-------Meier---------
    -----Amandatidis-----ThurkduSau---

Or maybe Thurkdusau a little farther back with only one striker...
    Or maybe Russ instead of Vasoski.... or Nikolov for Pröll?!?
    Who knows... well see!

8. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I think Thurk is a good signing. He was rumored at VfB too and i woulda been happy to see him here.

He should do well at Frankfurt, he's probably actually a better striker than Amanatidis is. Thurk will get into double digits in terms of scoring without any problem i think.

9. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    You are very brave to start against Schalke only with 10 players. ;)

10. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I really like Thurk... sad to see him leave Mainz

11. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    [QUOTE="Eisenfuß" Eilts]You are very brave to start against Schalke only with 10 players. ;)[/QUOTE]

lol
    Jup, thats our new surprise-tactic! :D

12. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I'd be cocky(?) too if we beat schalke 6:0 :D

13. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Haha, thats pretty funny! Yeah I think a 3-0 should be allright this time for a start, so 10 players is gonna be plenty... :D

Michael ThurkduSau scored 4 goals yesterday in a 16-0 trashing of Weyer! He only played 45 minutes so thats not tooo bad!

14. mainz05fan

mainz05fan New Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I agree...Frankfurt has got a true player! Mainz will miss him greatly..he has supported us the whole time. Wow you guys are stinkin lucky!

15. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    thanks i guess, but you're the first mainz-fan that I have heard saying this... most of them seem to be kinda glad to get rid of him, as we was really messing up the whole pre-season and the team-atmosphere...

I still dont think that he is THAT big of an improvement for us... He surely can be, but so CAN Copado or Takahara... The great potential is there for all 3 of them I think, but when did they usually face up to it?! Not exactly regularly in the past years...
    But we'll see what happens! If ThurkduSau will fight for our team and maybe score a couple of times, I wont complain... ;)

Cant wait for the first homegame tough:
    "And heres our number 11, MISCHAAAA..."
    - "THURK DU SAU!" :D

16. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Lucky point for us there!
    That was the worst Ive seen us play since a long time. But Considering the team we had to start, thats actually not a big surprise...

Oh well, Ill take the point and be happy with it.

17. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Wow, I never knew, but apparently Wolfsburg must be somewhere in Portugal...
    That red Card was one of the most rediculous scenes Ive ever seen in all those years going to the stadium... Klimowic the little girl must somehow be related to C.Ronaldo...
    But not only that, severall of their players seem to just fall over their own feet all the time... what a sad bunch...

The whole game sucked tough... We just have to win this one 2-0 easily, but the ball just didnt wanna go in yesterday.... what can you do...
    In the end you almost gotta be satisfied with the 1 point, considering that penalty...

18. sge4evr

sge4evr New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    thanks for the updates Doc. How did Kyrgiakos play?

19. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Hey, another eagle on board! nice!

Krrgiakos played real good imo, very cool and a couple of great saves... unfortunately he got that red card, for his "attack" against klimowicz...

20. sge4evr

sge4evr New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    thanx! I really enjoy your posts. Good to see my fellow Greeks doing well. I have been big time supporter since the 70s. Now with Amanatidis and Kyrgiakos it's even more fun!

21. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    thats awesome!
    what can you say, not often does a debutant have almost a whole stadium chant his name after only 26 Minutes of play! And then again after he got sent off... I think we will have lots of fun with Sotos! Hes definitely the kind of player that i like, a little rough, (no wonder with that scottish influence), but usually fair... thats quite the opponent of most Bundesliga-players unfortunately, who seem to just trip over their own shoes and fall like litle girls all the time and then go cry at the referee... (and yes, we do have a couple of that kind too...)

Pro more Kyrgiakoses in the Bundesliga! :D

22. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    can you say best mascot ever?!

[​IMG]

Attilla rules!

23. sge4evr

sge4evr New Member

Jul 12, 2005
  24. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Ties to be played September 14 & 28

Brøndby IF (Denmark) v Eintracht Frankfurt (Germany)

25. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    sweet draw! itll be two great games, and we do have a fair chance to go on Id say... Nice one!