OFFICIAL DC vs KC Post-match thread [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Lowecifer, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DcUnitedErpenLvr!

DcUnitedErpenLvr! New Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Section 105
    I think that facundo erpen did not play as great as he usually does! i do agree thaat they should change his position with josh gros but he is still a great player and why just focus on one game? hes been great the past 4 games i dont kno why people are making such a big deal about it ... hes not the only defender!!! what about bobby boswell!!! i forgot he was even playing in the game...he never went after the ball or anything i think devon played great to for one of the first times hes
    played

:)

2. Blondie4DCU

Blondie4DCU New Member

Aug 25, 2005
    DC
    Erpen, is that you?

3. Naptown Barra

Naptown Barra Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Silver Spring ext.
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

(rimshot):cool:

4. Linus Tulagi

Linus Tulagi Member

Jan 5, 2006
    St. Paul, Mn
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the Soccer Show they said that Namoff and Erpin should switch sides to go like they were last year.

5. owendylan

owendylan Member

May 30, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    The primary responsibility isn't defense of the wings. Outside mids in a 5 mid are split 50-50 attack defense. You're right he didn't do a good job pressuring Burciaga. If it's the forwards job to pressure the defender, were was the forward, nowhere in sight. But you also have to realize that even with McTavish pushed up, there still wasn't anyone unmarked, especially on the back line. even if McTavish had been back marking Harrington what would Erpen had done being free without a mark, pushed up more, stayed back, who knows, maybe the same thing still happens (i.e. KC scores). There were alot of mistakes made on the goal, and in the game overall.

6. MattMathai

MattMathai BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 28, 2004
    Annapolis
  7. AMERICANS SC

AMERICANS SC New Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Maybe they can put Namoff on the right, Erpen in the middle, Wilson on the left and Bobby on the bench until he gets rid of all the chocolate (or until someone licks it off of him!).

8. GWAIHIR

GWAIHIR New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Under Your Skin
    Yeah I know Wilson had some issue sin the RSL game, but where the hell has he been? I haven't seen him in a while. (Not that I am looking all that much or have as vast knowledge as some of you fine folks:D )

9. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Injured.

10. AMERICANS SC

AMERICANS SC New Member

Feb 1, 2005
    [photo removed in deference to the soccer gods]

:D

11. United_Caps_Fan

United_Caps_Fan New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, ive been waiting for this thread to disappear all week now. I forgot it is a bye week, and our next match isnt until NEXT Saturday, but still. Dead horse thats been analised ad nauseum at this point. A low point (hopefully by far the lowest of this season) that Id just as soon forget and move on from.

:eek: