Official DC United vs New England Revolution PRE Match Thread :: Conference Final

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Knave, Oct 31, 2004.

1. latino626heat

latino626heat Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Pasadena Cali
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You guys are gonna win it all, im gunnin for D.C. United to win the MLS Cup!! Good Luck and Early Congrats

D.C. United 2004 MLS Cup Champions!!!!!! :cool:

2. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    you need have only one worry- as usual the Revs are playing well at the end of the season.They are fit, healthy and have the whole team.It should be a good game.

3. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a worry, too. People have been demonstrating that we handled the Revs earlier in the year without Nellie; but the Revs are playing much, much better ball now than they were then. Of course, we're playing better now too; but I dunno how much contribution Ezra and Prideaux have made in this recent run. I'm nervous, of course. Do I think we have a better team? Yes. Do I think the odds are in our favor? Sure. Do I think the Revs can win anyway? Of course they can. I'm going to be busy screaming my lungs into a bloody pulp, encouraging my team to make sure that doesn't happen.

4. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Good, the whole lower bowl will be right there with you going INSANE!

BELIEVE!

DC UNITED!

5. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    as long as you don't count Brown, Llamosa, Moore, Singer, Franchino, or Howey.

However, your point still stands, they are playing well and it should be a good game.

I fully expect that DC will win though. :D

6. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    DC United en Accion is on right now.

7. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    This is what I don't get- that the revs are "playing much much better ball now". It's not just said in this post and it's gospel on the Revs board and elsewhere. But is it true?

Well since we beat them in the next to last regular season game, the Revs have beaten a hapless Fire team then twice vs a disorganized C-bus side.

I just didin't think watching any of those games that they were much better then when we last beat them. So I chalk it up to just some more stupid BS wisdom much like the "San Jose should be favored to win it all as long as they get into the playoffs" nonsense that was current a week ago.

Both San Jose and NE are mediocre teams as signified by their 4th place finishes, both barely out of the basement. This year's NE team in no way resembles the NE team that lost to LA in the Cup a couple years ago and is also impotent as compared to last year's Revs team.

8. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, Ezra hasn't played that much of late, but we went into New Jersey without Moreno and Nelsen and Eskandarian and walked out of there with a clean sheet and three points in large part because Ezra stepped up big time. That was our first road win since beating New England with an own goal in May, so I'd say his performance that day was a fair sized contribution to our current run.

9. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't claim to be an expert on the Revs. But I did see two matches earlier in the year, as well as the two matches they played against the Cows. They look better now than then to me. Specifically, their service looks better, and they look like they play with a lot more confidence than they were. I'm not saying "therefore, they're great" or "therefore, they'll beat us," by any stretch. Like I said, I think we're a better team, and I think we'll win. But I can't say I'm not nervous.

10. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Just hope that Cancela doesn't get subbed out. He is just a stiff - I wonder if Rigor Mortis has set in.

11. Guido

Guido New Member

Apr 7, 2004
    New Orleans, LA
    DCU in a 2-1 win over NE.
    Moreno and Esky with goals...
    assists from Gros and Petke...
    GO DC!!

-Guido

12. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Petke with an assist? Would you explain how? Nodded down from Set Piece maybe?

13. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Oh, for flying ********'s sake! We better win this game. I don't think I'll be able to handle things if we don't. It's been a bad, bad week. I need this to get me through.

14. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There you go.

Man I feel good right now. Tomorrow, the next day, the day after that, real life comes along, nasty 5hit happens, lots of opportunities to feel like utter crap.

But right now? Right at this moment, life is very good.