Official DC United vs Kansas PRE Match Thread

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by CHICO13, Aug 7, 2002.

1. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    That is an affirmative!

Though I do rather like your idea, what I can understand of it.

Adios,
    Tim

2. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Cweed, I've heard of some revolutionary strategies but I'm pretty sure even Hudson cannot sneak 20 some guys out onto the pitch without the ref getting a bit suspicious...Of course, if it is Brian Hall, he's so blind, we might get away with it... ;)

We score more than KC - That is all I want for Chico's Birthday!

3. shorty

shorty New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    D.C.
    Marco autographed match ball

Hey, how much do you think a Marco autographed official Kappa Pepsi/MLS All-Star match ball would fetch? Comes with an autographed picture of him holding the MVP trophy.....

4. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Cweedchop's lineup looks spot on to me.

Note to team: Preki has a left foot ... don't let him cut back and use it

Assuming we deny Preki his customary goal this time (and that's a big assumption), I predict a 1-0 United victory. Our defense looks GOOD, assuming we can hold Preki shotless. :D

The anticipated-chippy game in Mexico and the travel both ways weigh heavily on the Wizards. Their saving grace may be that Simuntenkov may be unable to make the game in Mexico because of international issues.

I Wish the Wizards the best of luck in Mexico. I hope all goes well, you pull out a win or tie at Mexico and make MLS proud. Oh yeah, No injuries! Much more important than the KC vs. DC match is the MLS vs. CONCACAF matches, so stay healthy and without cards. :)

-Tron

5. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    So much for that..

Morelia wins 6-1

6. LeperKhan

LeperKhan New Member

Aug 10, 2000
    St. Paul, MN
    6-1.

And it was 0-0 at half time. WTF?

7. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    And I Garcia got a red card for KC, so he'll be unavailable for the return to Arrowhead.

I actually cringed when I saw the result. Much as I love to hate other MLS teams, when it comes to international club play, I always root for the MLS teams, and KC absolutely took a beating today.

Back on topic, what effect does this have on Saturday's game? Do they come in looking for revenge on the next team that get in their way, or are they a team broken by the stress of travel and the pain of a brutal defeat?

8. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Ugh, after that result they'll be hell-bent for leather. I couldn't have thought of a worse result. :(

My heart goes out to you guys, but Kudos for getting as far as you did. Now ... take it easy on us in front of our home fans, OK?

-Tron

9. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    6-1 will be a fun chant to remind them of though.

HOLY CRAP TONY MEOLA LET IN 6 GOALS?? HE WILL NEVER HEAR THE END OF THAT FROM LA NORTE.

10. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Pre Game report.

Quill may be injured.

Igor can't play if the game is suddenly moved out of the States.

Preki has a crap attitude.

Meola suffers from obesity.

11. eltico

eltico Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Rumor has it that Meola likes McDonalds cheeseburgers. Pass it on.

12. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    You think La Norte can toss some cheap donuts (along with the streamers ;-) at him when they start the half? :)

13. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    And waste good donuts??? We should toss fake rubber food out there and watch his despair when he tries to eat it!

Seriously though, a few packs of those mini powdered donuts could do wonders if we can get them into the stadium.

14. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    I have a feeling Reyes could be all over Preki in this one. He should be able to mess him up pretty good, too.

15. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lets collect up all the McDonalds Bags we can get a hold of! ;)

16. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    SUPERSIZE IT!! :D

17. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    LOL :D

I'm flying into DC for the game Saturday. I'll cover my ears during the 6-1 chants!

Save me a donut will ya.

Seriously, I think we will come out mad and try to avenge yesterday's debacle quickly.

Igor will be back and Fabbro is now healthy. Together those two should cause you some problems. Should be a close one though as I would imagine all the flying will leave a few of our players tired towards the end.

18. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the jet lag for KC and extra rest United has gotten will work in our favor as well.

19. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    At least you got the all-important away goal.

Dave

20. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I would like to thank the moderators for honoring my request to properly title this thread.

That is all.

21. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    We'll save you a donut if you come by La Norte to get it.

My question is, who is Reyes going to man mark out of the game? Will it be Igor? Fabbro maybe? My money is on Preki however, someone remember to tell Milton (in Spanish), that Preki only goes to his left.

22. Eastern Bear

Eastern Bear Member+

Feb 27, 1999
    Great Falls, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Well, since everyone has one, here's my opinion for the starting line-up.

--------Rimando
    ---Reyes--Pope--Nelsen
    ----ABMOD--Mckinley
    Olsen-----Etch----Convey
    ----Moreno--Quintanilla

Olsen may still be out of shape, but I hope not. In a perfect world I'd like to see Quintanilla play left wing when Quaranta's healthy. I got the impression that Q2 was a wing type of player before he signed so perhaps he can play multiple positions. Convey can replace McKinley. That's a line up that could get in to the playoffs and make a little noise before bowing out to San Jose (unless of course, we play San Jose first).

23. sormun

sormun New Member

Jul 13, 1999
    I don't understand you guys,where this optimism is comming from?? Lately,we lost to the worse team in the league.Last time, Kansas beat us on RFK.We have changed nothing in the midfield,our greatest liability.What are our hopes?? Well, we hope the new couple of strickers,Moreno and Q2, to be able to score, despite the fact that they never played togather and the fact that they will have the same crap support from the midfielders( over the hill Ech,
    submediocre Convay,shorty Williams and disoriented Villegas).Hopefully the ball from the defense will reach the strickers directly, otherwise it will be lost in the midfield 8 times out of 10.

I believe,from now on ,all the MLS teams visiting RFK are comming with the mentality that easy points can be taken from " the last team in the league".
    It seems true taking into account that we have the worse midfield ever !!
    Conclusion :We are gonna lose again !!!

24. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    Ahhhhhh. It's not a pre-match thread until we hear the words "I don't understand you guys,where this optimism is comming from??" from Sormun.

Now I can begin preparations for the weekend.....

;)

25. eltico

eltico Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Sormum, we're fans. We're by nature optimistic. If we weren't optimistic why the hell would be bother supporting a team at all? If every time I went to RFK to watch a game I thought to myself, "Sh!t, the team I support sucks so much going to games is like ritual suicide" I'd either have to be insane or French. Of which I am neither. So keep your thoughts, which are firmly grounded in reality, away from all of us who live in a land where DC is just one healthy player, one lucky bounce, one well-struck shot, from being a playoff team. Thanks.

Sincerely,
    A Deliriously Optimistic DC Fan Who Likes It That Way