Official DC United vs Kansas PRE Match Thread

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by CHICO13, Aug 7, 2002.

1. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    OFFICIAL DC UNITED vs KC WIZ PREGAME THREAD

Cool, I've always wanted to do this! :)

AS USUAL.....NO FLAMES, NO TROLLS
    ****NO FLAMING TROLLS****

Is this the week we turn it all around? Looks like we might have a team at full strength for once('cept for Tino) I don't know about anyone else, but I smell a couple of goals!! :D
    DISCUSS

2. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    We're pretty good against KC at home. I'll predict a 1-0 win. Of course I'm almost always wrong.

3. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Unleash the hounds...

DC United-2
    Kansas City Wizards-0

4. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Priorities first: Morelia at 3p Central.

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Mods, Sticky please?

6. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Good luck with Morelia!

As to Saturday, that is a different story. DC-2 KC-0.

7. Topo

Topo Member

Feb 15, 2001
    Attention: You, in the black (or maybe white, but hopefull not red and pink shirts). Yes, you. With the cheesy 80's Transam logo on your shirts. Put the damn ball into the net. No, not that net...the other one. The one that scores a goal for DC United. Now, repeat. Thank you. That is all.

8. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    jaime should be back, hopefully paired with Q2 and if we get time from ben on the wing and convey, i really like our chances to beat KC.

my biggest concern is that their frontline finally seems to be meshing.

my prediction is pain for KC and a 2-1 United win!

my other prediction is that dudes will get damn wild at Chico's birthday bash.

9. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yeah, you only turn 21 once :rolleyes:
    R&B...Check your PM's

10. Detective40oz

Detective40oz Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    I hope for a United win. It will be my first missed home game of the season, i will be out of town. Maybe with me not there United will put in an inspiring performance....

DC 2 (Q2, Nelsen)
    KC 1 (Klein)

Do not let any ex DC players score!!!! (Armstrong, Talley)

Will this game be shown on Comcast? since I wont be there would be nice to see it on tape....

11. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sadly, no. Hopefully you can get to a computer and check the webcast, which has not failed me so far this season.

12. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    This will be the first game I miss as well - this of course guarantees a 5-0 DC win as we score more goals in my absence than the rest of the year combined ;)

13. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never miss a chance to go at Meola!!!!;)

14. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    What kind of celebration do you expect after DC United scores a goal vs. KC?

1) Player runs the length of the field with their shirt over their head...

2) Player leaps the advertising boards in a single bound and does a "stage dive" into the crowd...

3) Entire team collapses and begins to weep for joy...

4) Entire team jumps upon said player (if Moreno, Convey, or Olsen then serious injury is a possibility)...

5) Player grabs ball and takes it back to the bench for Ray Hudson to keep for him...

6) The KC players all go running back to Kansas in fear that the "sleeper has awoken"...

(I suspect that mad drumming ensues...however, it has been so long perhaps the drummers are infirm...)

15. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    It's hard for me to take this game seriously. The closer we get to not making the playoffs the more I could care less and am just looking for entertainment. Anyways here goes my very serious analysis of the upcoming game:

Seems to me we win with the team wearing black and Rimando wearing the red and pink shirt. So we should go with that. No white shirt for Rimando

The hell with the white shirt. Makes us look like pansies out there and we always seem to lose wearing it (coincidence??)

The Lowecifer MiniDitka will play a large part in the game

If the Lowecifer MiniDitka is behind us and Rimando doesn't wear the pansie white shirt then I predict a win

This can be billed as a match between a team with no offense vs the most boring team in MLS. IF THAT DOESN'T GET YOU EXCITED....WHAT WILL???? ;)

I love this 7:30 time-I'll get 2 beers a water hot dog and fries to eat and drink end of the match then I've got a party to go to

16. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    MODERATORS>>>

Please change the thread title to read: OFFICIAL DC UNITED vs KANSAS PREGAME THREAD.

That is all.

I thank you.

;)

*How can we resist the windup to wizardscharter and the 4 other fans of The Wizards of Oz.

17. detter7

detter7 New Member

Jun 14, 2000
    PA
    #4, then #3.

DC-1
    KC-2

18. GoDC

GoDC Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Hamilton, VA
    Q2 breaks his duck. Good guys wear black and win 2-1.

Should I wake up now??

19. Topo

Topo Member

Feb 15, 2001
    Except Lassiter and Williams. :)

20. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need this one bad. Bad, I tells ya.

Ray puts the fire in the lads' eyes and under their arses. The lads react spectacularly.

DCU 2 : 0 KC

21. andylovesoccer

Sep 2, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll follow the "2-0 in favor of the good guys" movement

22. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    4-1 United.

Kansas scores first. During the goal celebration Ray runs onto the field and erupts towards his team. They finally wake up, remember how to score, and realize that we aren't as bad as our record shows, and that there's no looking back from here.

23. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    For the first time all season, everyone looks to make it on the field (except Quaranta of course and the now A-League bound Brian Namoff - happy Sormun?) for the match Saturday..

The lineup will probably be this:

-------------------- Rimando --------------------

Pope ------------- Nelsen ------------ Prideaux

------------Williams------------- McKinley--------

Reyes-------------- Etch -------------- Convey

--------------- Moreno ----- Q2 -----------------

Olsen will come on for either Q2 or McKinley depending on the game situation..

No other subs will actually help this team..

A couple of notes....

1) First time all season that Pope, Moreno and Etch are in the lineup together, might as well add Olsen to that equation also..

2) If Bichie Williams gets a card, he will be suspended for his next match (one can only hope)..

3) 431 minutes and counting and going up against a keeper capable of throwing a blinder our way (Fat Tony)

My prediction is:

United 3 (Moreno 2, Quintanilla)

Kansas 2 (Simutenkov, Preki)

24. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Steve Zack--get this game moved offshore and out of the US as fast as possible!!

Simutenkov is having passport problems and couldn't travel with the Wizards for their game today in Mexico.

25. BroonAleMagpie

BroonAleMagpie New Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    I'm thinking a lineup like Cweed's, although I'd like to keep Reyes at right back, save Eddie "I'm Made of Glass" Pope for use as a sub (at fwd, maybe? ;)) and put the birthday boy on the wing. Either way, this has got to be one of the better lineups that DC has put out this year.

If we can't win with this, especially against KC, well, maybe I've been playing Adv. Squad Leader too many years or watched "Enemy at the Gates" one too many times, but I think we need Trask and Onalfo on the touchline with their commisar uniforms on and a couple of 9mm pistols, ready to start taking out players who falter, strikers who fall back without scoring, and midfielders who fail to tackle with sufficient revolutionary zeal. An example must be made!