Official DC United vs CD Chivas USA POST Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Knave, Aug 13, 2005.

Tags:
  1. csc7

csc7 New Member

Jul 3, 2002
    DC
    through random luck, i ended up picking up some box seats and sat a couple sections away from adu and mom. had the chance to ask him about the knee. he was pretty dismissive of the injury, didn't act like it was bothering him much at all.

2. DMP73

DMP73 New Member

Sep 1, 2001
    Alexandria
    I know other folks have commented on this already, but I couldn't agree more. I'll be the first one to admit that I'm always a little bit scared when watching Dema. He plays with so very much intensity, but he has made some incredible runs, dropped in some very very nice long passes and scored two very precise goals. All of this with a tremendous work rate that seems the same in the 90th minute as it does in the first. :)

3. DMP73

DMP73 New Member

Sep 1, 2001
    Alexandria
    Not taking anything away from the Boswell run at all. Repeat... not taking anythig away...

the Gomez return pass was from another planet... unreall.

Bos started it, got it back and made a sweet pass to Tino, but let's not forget that link pass....

I watched the highlight ten times.... awesome! :D

4. JoeW

JoeW New Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Northern Virginia, USA
    You know, that's also part of the reason some folks who didn't follow the team well last year wrote 2004 off as "United got hot at the right time" and a few others have said "well, maybe United will get hot again."

It's not about getting hot, it's about outstanding team play. The team all season has worked very hard. I think we've been the most consistent team in MLS in terms of effort, run-of-play and showing up for every game. But when you don't have a proven finisher and you start with a thin, raw defense, you'll not get some of the results you deserve. But folks who don't follow the team just chalk up the result last year and the upturn now as "being hot" when instead its about work and effort paying off.

5. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Yeah, Gomez's pass gets lost in the hoopla over Boswell's run. Gomez turns to pass before he gets the ball, touches it once and lays it Etch-like into Boswell's stride. Sheer class.

6. tmas

tmas Member

Dec 30, 2002
    Basically, it's called jealousy.