Official DC United vs CD Chivas USA POST Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Knave, Aug 13, 2005.

Tags:
  1. rugman

rugman Member

Oct 13, 2003
    Annapolis

2. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md

No kidding. The East destroyed the West yesterday.

As good as things have gone for us in recent weeks, Kansas City has been right there with us every step of the way. This to me is the only down part of a 5 game winning streak is that KC is also on a 5 game streak themselves. We haven't picked up any points on them since our loss at home to them.

However, we are doing a good job at increasing our goal differential (+13 right now) and that in the end will be the deciding factor between us for playoff positioning, provided we end up tied at seasons end. We are tied with them on points head-to-head this season as well as goals scored between us. Overall goal differential is the next tie-breaker and we are up a few goals on them right now, not to mention a game in hand as well.

3. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    :D

4. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    What? Is that what happened to her?

Maybe CSC was jealous of her intelligence. Her IQ is higher than the IQs of all the CSC blue shirts and yellow shirts combined.

5. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Absolutely. I was talking to someone in the parking lot post-game about this exact same thing. If Boswell doesn't win ROTY it'll be a crime.

6. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Now I'm not sure how impressed to be by our performance itn yesterday's game. Club Deportivo Chivas United States of America is such a disgrace that I don't know what the game means. We should beat them by 3 goals and did. They get Palencia and the other forward next week, but they're more than one or two players away from respectability. The majority of their players act like they don't want to be there. Perhaps Palencia will add a touch of class to that group of knuckleheads.

As for the game, the midfield was the key. Also, Boswell is really improving every game. Where did this offensive outburst come from him? I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him in the penalty box during the run of play. I guess that's how little we felt threatened by Chivas. I think he's rookie of the year now. I only have two words of caution: Jeff Parke. He looked great at times last year. This year he's receding faster than Landon Donovan's hairline.

7. DCFAN96

DCFAN96 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Their in dire needs for a #10, they can bring in Adriano or Ronaldo to the team but if they dont' get any service it won't mean a damn thing. They had no creativity in the midfield whatsoever.

8. GoDC

GoDC Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Hamilton, VA
    Scott sealy has some impressive numbers and only Sarachan is holding Rolfe down. There are very few obvious winners in MLS awards. And mayor Eastwood speaks the truth above. Not just Jeff Parke but Nick Garcia, Craig Zaide, ......... Many MLS defenders have looked good to start and tailed off. Obviously I hope that is not the case with Bobby but I am willing to wait.

9. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think what you can take from this game is we beat a team we were supposed to beat. And we did it without 3 of our main players ( 4 if you count Benny) and that's the sign of a good team. Depth in this league is crucial and our bench is responding accordingly. I credit coach Nowak and the reserve games for keeping the entire roster fit and focused.

The fact that they had that focus thru 90 minutes in brutal conditions is a testament to the team and coaching staff.

10. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS is still swilling down the coolaid about Chivas USA being a boon to attendance and atmosphere as they travel around the league :(

I don't think that those Chivas fans will be back next year when the US Goats return to town. The team they love plays many miles to the southwest. My guess is that they were reminded of that yesterday.

11. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Exactly. And that's something that wouldn't have happened under previous coaches (Bruce excepted).

12. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    This is an interesting point. Personally, if I were a fan of the real Chivas, I'd be pretty pissed at how badly CUSA had abused the brand and name of the team I follow. Other Mexican league teams have to be laughing it up.

Its like low-fat ice cream. Calling it ice cream doesn't make it tasty.

Chivas USA looked like melted ice cream out there.

13. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great point - I think this explains a lot about our recent success. How many different players have scored in the last few games? Let's see: Moreno, Gomez, Walker, Gros, Boswell, Carroll, Kovalenko, Quaranta...about the only player who hasn't scored is Rimando. That's team playing out there.

14. BigKris

BigKris Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    Next week bring her back in a yellow CSC shirt.

15. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium

My buddy and I were talking about this on the way home yesterday. Vergara is trying to leverage his brand recognition in LA, but what he's effectively done is to degrade the sparkling reputation of the mother club in that city! Nice work Jose!

16. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    That is a fantastic idea!

EdTheRed, tell your pal!

17. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was shocked to see that EZ and Thiba were not played. I guess Thiba is still hurt, but I'm not aware of any physical problem with EZ. Those two guys have a lot of pride and they play hard. Neither being on the field made the goats an invertebrate. Maybe someone willing to research such a dreary team will know why the lineup was as it was, but it was a pretty stupid one, IMO. How can you not play two guys against their former team?

GM

18. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    hahah was ESPNzone section so empty last night that they had to show Barra on ESPN and say it's ESPNzone :) we outta sue them for slander or get some sponsorship money out of them :D

19. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I gotta say, Rimando scares the crap out of me. He's like Fabian Barthez, to the extent that he's good for at least three "oh shiit" moments per game.

20. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
  21. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    It was cold showers for everyone when we got home last night!

Things are really turning around, aren't they? A couple of months ago we were shaking our heads and asking, "who's going to get a goal?" because it didn't seem like anyone was capable of it. Now we wonder who is going to get a goal (or who is going to score first!) because it could be ANYONE!

I was telling a couple of people last night it was like the old days - you went to the game knowing we would win. It didn't matter who was injured, who was suspended, who was with the national team - or who we played. We just won.

Hatred building already for next week. Albright got cheated out of a goal? Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! :D

22. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    EZ got hurt in Wednesday's game and had been nursing an injury since the previous game. At least that's what the preview on MLSNet.com and Wednesday's Chivas article said.

23. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    We just have to keep playing our game, which really helps us in this heat. Moving the ball around so much, making the other team chase, it really kills their legs and, eventually, their desire.

24. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I agree. Just because you're pretty good for a goalkeeper with the ball at your feet doesn't mean you should do it all the time. For a second yesterday I thought we were gonna see a Keller-Hermosillo moment.

ChivasUSA: degrading Mexican soccer's reputation since 2005.

25. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    It was cool seeing Ezra get his ring before the game. He'll always have a special place in my memory for being a part of the 2004 Eastern Conf. Final.