Official DC United @ Columbus Post-Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by roadkit, Jul 2, 2005.

1. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

I'm such a sucky coach, the only goal scored in a game is by my side and I still lose.

First road win since Chivas.

All the usual no trolls crap Knave puts in here.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Road Win!

2. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I like to win. I don't care how bad we look doing it. :)

3. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA
    The Crew suck. like bad.

MOTM - Rimando

4. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    I can't believe GA is still their head coach.

That was a pretty ugly game, and some pretty ugly officiating.

5. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    win ugly baby

6. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    Official DC United @ Columbus Post game thread (R)

1-0 win for United on an own goal.

We'll take it.

On to RFK next week and Kansas

7. kirchhausen

kirchhausen Member+

Apr 17, 2004
    Ashburn, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeebus Prideaux nearly gave me a heart attack near the end with that lazy pass in the box that was intercepeted, but all in all a great performance by the bots in black.

Big props to Wilson who was all over the field tonight, that pk call was crap.

Bigger props to Nicky for saving our ass on the pk and coming up big on that save in the 89th minute.

8. jhawkinva

jhawkinva New Member

May 27, 2003
    Northern VA
    The Wizards may have one game on us, but we're ahead of them in playoff position!!!

Teach them to schedule their games with July 4 in mind. (wink)

9. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    This game bore much resemblance to the 1-0 win @ NE last year in mid-summer. Remember? The only goal was an own goal by Brian Kamler.

10. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Those are the best kind.

I love ugly wins. I love it when the team gets p!ssed off like it was unfair.

Unfair my #ss

See you on the unemployment line, I have zero sympathy.

I love it-road win, intradivision. EEEYes.

Signed, slightly drunk BudWiser.

11. GUTuna

GUTuna Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Washington, DC USA
    Well it wasn't pretty...at all, but it's a win! First on the road since the opening day and first in Columbus since 1999 (I was at that '99 game, has it really been that long? Yikes!).

Gomez was my MOTM tonight. He tired out at the end and missed a couple passes that may have put Walker in alone, but his hustle really helped us tons in the midfield with Olsen gone.

Rimando with a huge PK save on a **************** call. Woly looked surprised when he found out it was a PK.

As has been said above, Columbus is a BAD team. But hey, we got three points.

Good work boys!

12. tmas

tmas Member

Dec 30, 2002
    I actually kind of like Stokes at RW, although I didn't get why he didn't stick out his noggin a bit for the cross from Moreno early in the second half. Not the prettiest win, but a win is a win is a win.

13. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Omg that was horrible. I was talknig to someone while the play happened and didnt hear anything just saw it and thought it was a corner. then when the ref pointed the spot I was like uh what the heck just happened. That was certainly an ugly win but we shall take it. on to rfk and my first trip up to see the boys :D

14. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll go further than that...I can't believe his house hasn't been hit by Molotov cocktails.

Did anyone else watch the match and think, ya know, it looks like the Crew are trying to lose so that they can get rid of their coach?

Wilson is acclimating very nicely to MLS. One of the interesting but unremarked upon things about the last 2-4 years of MLS is the number of A-Leaguers who make the jump and can play the game.

Kuffour made alot of nice runs to open space for Gros. But, he was poor with the ball.

Was Freddy hurt, or is Piotr f'ing with him???

15. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus. Missed PK, own goal, and a (deserved) red card on a silly foul. What a microcosm of our entire season.

16. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the later

17. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeepers we miss Olsen! Three on the road, baybee! It was fugugly, but it's a W.

Something is up with Fred. Lack of confidence, tired or something, but it looked like he was wearing ankle weights out there. GWS.

GM

18. brandnew_de

brandnew_de Member

Jun 18, 2005
    CT
    Someone should photoshop a razor in his left hand.

19. GoDC

GoDC Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Hamilton, VA
    We were the better team by a bit. Got lucky for the goal but we'll take it. Stokes looked good in the wide right midfield role.

20. vivzig

vivzig New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    The OC
    We are now tied with the Wiz, right? :confused: 19+3=22 last time I checked. Post game kept giving us 21 pts, just under KC.

21. elconejito

elconejito Member

Dec 24, 2002
    Where Homer Lives
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it seemed like sCrew made a concerted effort to get behind the DC defense, and did so on a frighteningly consistent basis. is this how the Fire game went?

Freddy seemed a *little bit* non-chalant with the ball (not checking to the ball quickly enuf, an extra touch here and there) which is the only reason i can think of for the Stokes sub

We looked like DIRT the first 10-15 minutes of the second half, but it was made up for with the extended possesion late in the game.

I was mortified that the sCrew would get a late equalizer even tho they didnt deserve it due to some funny bounce or missed marking. Prideuax's giveaway, and our general lack of marking made it more likely than not, but fortunatly it didnt happen

Stokes was unimpressive

Prideaux had several miscues, we were lucky not to get punished. he seems to have returned to his form of last year (i.e. scary)

I haven't been one of the carroll bashers in recent weeks, but his first half was HORRIBLE. He was a turnover machine and didnt do well defensively either. his second half was better only because he went unnoticed.

Nana shoulda had 2 goals. He has talent, but is definitely raw.

thats all i can think of for now

22. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thing is, we saw this with Convey. Youngsters need consistency. Freddy wasn't great but he was more of a threat than Nana.

Hopefully this iteration of the movie has a better ending than the Convey edition.

23. wjones3044

wjones3044 Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Borinquen
    Ah what a beautiful game, in the sense that we won on the road.

The PK was questionable but Rimando saved it.

One more Presidente in my fridge.

We win!

24. BassNFool

BassNFool Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adu didn't look bad to me... I hear he's struggling, I don't see it. Not with his game, I think he is struggling with the coach.

25. DaniCrew

DaniCrew Member

Nov 15, 2000
    Tallmadge, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would personally like to thank your team for working us over tonight... i know it was far from your best performance, but we are simply that bad... the reason for my gratitude is that you didn't let us walk out of here with a 0-0 or 1-1 tie, or worse yet, a 1-0 victory... i'm not sure if losing as much as possible will help us get a new coach and, hopefully, a semblance of a soccer team... but i'm sure that a 1-0 win tonight (in the miserable way that we play) would not have helped... we are absolutely horrible... we have absolutely nothing... thanks again for the lesson... i'll be by to have my t-shirt signed a little later... here's to hoping that next time we play you we come with a soccer team... not the ridiculous crap that we currently possess...