Official DC United @ Chicago Fire POST Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Knave, Jun 29, 2005.

1. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Let me get this straight: the announcer called the Walker play a goal?

That ball hit the outside of the side netting, it never went in. Walker was on, the just missed the shot.

2. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kenn Tomasch, providing the Fire's audio pbp, called it a goal at first; he didn't see that it hit the side netting. Since there was no replay available (because no TV), he couldn't see what had actually happened. He was here yesterday talking about it. It's all cool.

3. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Ah, I see. Thanks for the explination. Yeah, from Kenn's vantage point, he wouldn't have any kind of angle to see whether or not the ball was in the net, or outside of it-- as you would be watching it on TV, the ball hit the net on the right side of the TV, on the outside of the net, on top. NE corner of your TV screen, in other words.

4. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Although note that the DC pbp guy got it right...He initially also said goal and then changed with much disappointment to "outside netting"... :(

5. dcuni_ted

dcuni_ted Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was in Chicago during the game and went to it. I was the probably the only United fan on my side of the stadium, and the only one who stood up and celebrated when United scored.

6. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    :D

Who is the home team?

Too bad we can't do that chant in Chitown next month hehe