Official DC United @ Chicago Fire POST Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Knave, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    DC United 3 : 4 Chicago Fire

Damn!

:mad: :(

No Flames - No Trolls

2. vivzig

vivzig New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    The OC
    ********. Grrrrrrrr.

3. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    At least we scored a couple in the run of play and forced a PK. Now, the defense sucks again. I swear, can we just get on the same fvcking page, for once? Granted, 2 were PKs, but you cant expect to give up 4 goals and take any points.

4. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is anyone else getting a little nervous that if we don't pick up some wins now, that we're not going to make the playoffs at all due to the fatigue we'll experience from fixture congestion over the next couple of months?

5. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes.

6. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, obviously you can't grade players, or even evaluate them fairly, from an audio feed alone -- especially when it's the opposing team's. Still, there was one player on the pitch who seemed AWOL: Josh Gros. Is Chicago very strong on the right side such that they'd be expected to take him out of the game entirely?

Bright spots: In his first start -- hell, first minutes this year? -- Nana acquitted himself well. Freddy seemed to play well. Wilson was especially commended, except . . .

Troublesome spots: . . .for what sounded like one big mistake. Furthermore, Bos seemed to play solid, at least, winning more than his share of balls in the air, except for one big mistake. I know that's how it almost always happens -- goals are almost always because a defender made a mistake -- but our seem to come embedded in a game of otherwise really good play. Which in turn suggests that the errors are lapses of concentration or awareness.

Simms seemed to have a rough first half, but his second half sounded a lot better.

Ugh.

7. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    When we're on the road, this team plays like Clint Dempsey raps.

8. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that's a laugh I needed :D

9. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crap. I didn't even get to listen, the power went out at 7:20 (it's still out). Oh well, we scored. I was hoping for a tie outta this one.
    7 goals, no TV. brilliant. Next on ESPN2's game of the week, Colorado vs. KC ...:rolleyes:

10. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    this didn't sound like a dismal performance to me. we got behind, fought back a couple of times. sounded like we had the better of possession for a couple long stretches.

the folks worried about results--we got 7 points in 6 days against the three teams ahead of us. the one draw on the road. we'll do alright.

11. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Parity in the MLS? NO REALLY? (grumbles)

I was only able to hear on the radio the second half.. so I don't know what happened on the first aside from the goals... Am I correct? Prideux gave up 2 goals again? If so, why is he starting over.... Ok let's not go into that again....

Instead of focusing on the negative, which is very easy to do.. I'll just focus on the two positive things I saw:

1)We scored 3 goals on the road. (1 by Nana! Wilson gets two assists too!)
    2)Nana was finally given a chance, and he played really well. Hopefully he continues to get more chances.

Dougg

PS: well I guess I can throw in a 3rd.. Stokes playing... :D

12. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, no. I don't know who gets blamed for their goal #1. Goal #2 was off a PK; the foul was committed by Wilson. No idea what happened up to that point. Their goal #3 came after Prideaux had apparently made a great play, passed to Bos, Bos made a bad touch, Thiago took and scored. Goal #4 was a PK after a foul on Bos in the box.

13. Section106

Section106 Member

May 1, 2003
    Hampton,VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a question about our PK. Was it Thorton who brought down Adu? And if he was the last man then shouldn't he have been shown red?

14. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    If it makes you feel better, one of my friends at the game says that's he's "90% sure" Walker was onside.

Actually, I'm not sure that will make you guys feel better at all.

15. s0ccerm0m

s0ccerm0m New Member

May 8, 2005
    On the third goal, the announcer said that Prideaux tried to pass the ball square to Boswell, but he flubbed the pass and Bozz couldn't get to it. Wish we could have seen it......But maybe it's the reason Prideaux was subbed out.

16. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm, this may be the difference between announcers. On the Chicago feed, that was not the description at all. In fact they were pretty complimentary of Prideaux.

I just figured that the Prideaux substitution was like Carroll's: it was tactical. But maybe not.

17. s0ccerm0m

s0ccerm0m New Member

May 8, 2005
    The match tracker said that Thorton committed the foul on Adu, but I don't recall the announcer saying anything about the foul deserving a card or the last defender rule. Probably just a bunch of bodies in the box and Freddy got fouled.

18. URwormfood

URwormfood Member

Mar 24, 2004
    6 feet under: LOT 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pissed that nothing but a feed on this one!!!

A key game and no T.V.

MLS hates D.C.........Fvck them!!!

:mad:

BEER-BEER-more FVCKING BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~worm~

19. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    at least we're playing home game next :D

20. s0ccerm0m

s0ccerm0m New Member

May 8, 2005
    Nope, next game in Columbus on Saturday.

21. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right. And since Srdan knows that we'll have more fans there than they will, it's a home match.

22. wjones3044

wjones3044 Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Borinquen
    I am so friggn mad. End of post. At least I have one last cold Presidente. And some ice cold Nadja vodka (distilled from sugar cane) in the fridge. I will not be working tomorrow...the flag will fly at half mast. If it flies at all...

Willie en Puerto Rico

23. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Columbus game is a very big game. We have to win this one. DCU can't afford to fall far behind the pace, because it's going to be very difficult to make up ground playing all those games in late july and throughout august.

24. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    RFK west? :D

25. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    WE WUZ ROBBED!

I mean. . . I wasn't there. . . it was in chicago. . . and not on tv. . . and no webcast. . . I have no idea what happened. . . but I'm pretty sure . . .

we wuz robbed.