Official Crew-DC pregame thread [R]

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by CrewToon, Oct 13, 2003.

1. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    Based on this criteria, one will be blasted by the end of pregame warmups.

2. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    Good to hear from you again Dave. It's true that Hejduk begged for a PK call but when the situation reverses itself and it's Jeff or BMB tripping over the leg, the refs seem to have a way of looking the other way. And if it's so bad that it can't be ignored, then we always have the "contact started outside the box" placement of the ball for one of our world-famous direct kicks.

This team has done enough crap to deserve to be in the lower rungs of the league this year; we just don't need to have the refs nail the coffin shut for us. That's what we have the coach for.

3. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
    no doubt one of them will get hurt and then greg will blame the whole season on injuries.

4. Sneever Flion

Sneever Flion New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    It'll be worth it.

5. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    fuck you Ray Hudson
    you're a real piece of shit

sorry, that just sort of came up in my mind

6. jackrock

jackrock Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Talcott. WV
    Club:
    DC United
    Sormun, is that you? Nevermind, but you ought to check out our boards and see the bitching that goes on about the DC duo Trask / Hudson, and their "bunker ball approach" (read unability to score a goal). I would like to pull the troll act and razz you guys a bit, but dude, against NE we couldn't score a goal, not...one..

I don't think you guys understand how important Olsen is to United.

7. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We do.
    We just don't care.

8. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Connolly predicts a 1-0 victory for the Crew.

I see 2-0. I know that Hudson is a better coach but I see his schtick wearing down the team at this point in the season, sorta like Ray Rhodes or Larry Bowa.

2 goals from McBride, who has had enough of this shite.

9. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    One would have thought BMB would have enough of this garbage a long time ago.

10. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Judging by the look on his face during the last game, I believe he's getting close. He was one pissed off guy.

11. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
    WAIT. it seems we will have the full roster availible sunday. that's got to be the first time this season. with the exception of presthus who's out for the year, but wouldn't play anyway, everybody is availible. williams and denton back from suspension, cunningham finally healthy, Bud/KMart/NA played yesterday, but they're all young and should be fine. we could have a good result coming.

12. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    It still doesn't top when he cussed out T-Bone on national TV during the Crew's last visit to Southlake.

13. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Yep...and sadly the Crew will still suck.

The game's going to end up tied 0-0 because that's the crapiest way I can think of to finally be totally eliminated from the playoffs.

14. Sneever Flion

Sneever Flion New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    I begin drinking for this game tomorrow.

15. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Yep, I'm jealous. I can't start till saturday 530 pm. I'll do my best to catch up though.

16. Tycon5

Tycon5 Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Dispatch is reporting that Frankie will be serving a yellow-card suspension on Sunday. MLSNET.com has not been updated since 10/06 so I cannot confirm.

17. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Hejduk's suspension makes sense. I'm pretty sure he was in danger two matches ago. He made it through the first match but got carded against Chicago, right?

18. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Tycon5

Tycon5 Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
    wtf? denton didn't even play last game, how is he still in yellow peril?
    if we find a way to win this one, and clark and denton manage to pick up cards, that would be good for our last game.

21. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    You know, I'd almost rather see Etcheverry in the match for DC. i don't think they are as solid in the attack anymore with him in the game. Didn't think I'd ever be saying that back in the 20th century.

22. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This doesn't mean much, but I thought i'd bring it up. From Analyze This

Columbus Crew—The Crew needs a pair of wins in its two remaining games to have even a hope of earning a postseason berth. (Also needing a loss by United to the Wizards at RFK Stadium in the season finale.) Both of Columbus’ games are early starts—4:00 P.M. on ESPN2. But over the last two seasons, the Crew is 1–6–2 in matches starting earlier than 6:00 P.M. Brian West has scored 17 MLS goals, but none in the 24 games he has played starting before 6:00 P.M.

23. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, all I could think when I read that was, I already knew West was crap. I didn't need stats to prove the point.

24. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    He's probably been one of our top 3-4 players over the past two months. You should pay a bit more attention.

25. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely.

The other part of the equation is that he's one of those guys who it is tought o replace. How many good players do you think we can come up with in one off season?

Of you're clearing out five or six or seven guys, great. Just tell me who's gonna replace them.

You can't just pick up a warm body off the street to replace a guy who may not quite be up to your expectations. Everybody is disappointed that Brian hasn't shown more, and I'm in the front of that line.

But let's be realistic about just how many vacancies we can reasonably fill, and which players might blossom under a new coach and a new system.