Official Copa Sudamericana Thread: CF America [R]

Discussion in 'Club America' started by Lyrical S., Sep 25, 2007.

1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    this isnt a knock on Arsenal... congrats on them...but you are exactly right.

there are just too many instances where clear prejudice is shown towards Mexican clubs.

forget handballs leading up to goals (America-Arsenal, America-Boca, River-Atlas), penalty kicks not being awarded (Cruz Azul-Boca, Cruz Azul- Santos), penalty redos (River-Santos Laguna), or even bogus offside calls......one can justify that the ref made an "honest" mistake....

but at the administrative level is what is alarming....

changing statutes in the middle of the tournament that does not allow Mexican teams to play the return leg in Mexico, will not allow 2 Mexican clubs to play in the final, not allowing possible winner to play the Intercontinental cup, not being clear on the tie breaking format, not being transparent with the stadium requirements......

I realized this discrimination was real when Santos Laguna participated in the Copa Libertadores. CONMEBOL was giving them crap about the stadium lights and the seating capacity. It was only a week or so later when other south american clubs were playing in stadiums smaller than 20K and worse--with wooden stands....

2. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Some pics guys

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Robert_08

Robert_08 Member

Jun 13, 2007
    El Paso
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    FUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKK!!!:mad:

:(

4. Johnny619

Johnny619 New Member

May 10, 2003
    USA
    This is exactly why Mexican teams should not participate in the South American tournaments because they will keep getting boned by the Conmebol so that they dont win the tournaments. It is stupid that the Mexican federation doesnt intervene and impose their own conditions on the Conmebol ... theyre nothing but a bunch of old ************** ... Without the participation of the Mexican clubs those tournaments would have disappeared a long time ago.

5. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    even those who aren't for america have to feel bad for the players. they were clearly the better team over both legs, kind of hard to win when you're playing against the man controlling the game as well. they really gave it all they could, but that didn't help in the end.

this is the most blatant robbery since Abbondanzieri clearly took out an UNAM player to prevent a goal in the final a few years ago, who later went on to score the winning penalty, and the santos-river game.

what a load of shit.

6. Gio10

Gio10 Member

Sep 12, 2007
    What needs to be done to boycott these tourneys? Can a club just decide not to go?

7. Tello

Tello BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 20, 2006
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Anyone watching Futbol Picante?

Carlos Albert summerized it perfectly:

Neither team would have been ''un digno campeon''

Arsenal played dirty football, and it shouldn't even be called Football, "Eso no es futbol".

America is the better team and played terrible.

- Arsenal gano sin Futbol.

- America el equipo "grande" jugo como chico.

Ninguno merecia ser campeon....

It was a bad final...

8. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    how can faitelson be such a fcking idiot.....

9. El_Maestro

El_Maestro Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Planet Earth
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Southamerican club tournaments had been going strong for over 40 years before the INVITATION that Conmebol had the kindness to give the Mexican federation. If you don't like the conditions, you're more than welcome to GET THE HELL OUT.

It's not Conmebol's fault that only one Mexican club has shown the gonads to win a Southamerican title: Pachuca, a real example of courage and quality futbol.

10. Tello

Dec 20, 2006
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Jose Ramon....********ing Hypocrite

At the beginning of the show he said that Ref today was good...

NOW he says it was bad....moron.

On top of that he said that Sergio Avila played on America....lol

11. TrDm1n3r

TrDm1n3r Member+

Dec 8, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    Club América
    Too many people would die of hunger.

12. PasionPorElTri

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I hate when he does this.. always gets players confused, Jesus does he even watch futbol anymore?

13. Tello

Dec 20, 2006
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol, on a brighter note...whoever isn't watching Futbol Picante, should be.

Faitelson is taking on the whole table....its great.

14. PasionPorElTri

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He always contradicts them. Doesn't matter how wrong he is, he will stand by it.

15. Hector_Huerta

Hector_Huerta Member

May 2, 2007
    Espn
    Fvk This Shitt

:(

16. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    We can fix that easily........just don't play on those tournaments no more........:mad:
    fuck I love America but I didn't even bother to watch the game..............

17. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

fireEagleCuauhtemoc www.twitter.com/alonsobueno1

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    read the quotes of el Ruso, after the game. its explained clearly. eitherway, this hurts alot, i dont know even wanna see the sports news and media. arsenal played well, they did there job.

http://www.mediotiempo.com/noticia.php?id_noticia=49097

"Nos hicieron morir, nos mataron",

18. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

fireEagleCuauhtemoc www.twitter.com/alonsobueno1

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

cuz u would just get upset? i guess its kinda like facing Satenn in hell rite, home turf.

yeah i was kinda deciding on the same thing, but i ended up watching it.

19. SoyOllin

SoyOllin Member+

Aug 14, 2006
    D TOWN
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm not typically an America supporter, but man when Silva made that goal I screamed it louder than any other goal I have ever seen. That goal showed that there was hope and passion running through the veins of that man which made him go for the tough shot. Thats futbol right there.

When the game ended I felt so bad, I nearly wanted to cry and it was because I knew the game was stolen from them. So many bad calls by the ref, only adding 3 minutes of added time when 10 minutes were wasted (80-90). Thats what made me sad, people like Ochoa and the young players in America deserved this.

Most importantly in my eyes, winning this tourny would show that Mexican club teams are better than Comecaca teams.

I can't believe how grown men act so childish sometimes.

Blah.

20. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Come on, you can be ****ing serious. If you are, I really weep for you.

21. Serg33

Serg33 Member+

Jul 11, 2007
    we can blame the refs, the pitch, the comnebol, bad calls, dirty plays etc. but we must also blame ourselves. America should have left mexico with a score of 3-0, perhaps hell...even 3-1 and by no means should have went to argentina down a goal. This reminds me of the Copa Libertadores game a few years back when America pulled the impossible and tied el marcador global 3-3 versus Boca, only to have America lose 4-3 on a last minute goal. Only I think this hurts a little more, cuz it's Arsenal de Sarandi not Boca, River, Santos or Sao Paulo. It's a small team from Argentina, I know they beat Boca, and River and Chivas....but they are still a small team. At the end of the day America didn't put away the chances they had to kill Arsenal and that's not anybody else's fault but Americas....should they have called a penalty for fouling Cabanas YES, of course, but we all knew coming into this game that the ref was going to suck and there were some chances America had that they should have put away to secure the game. I'm just as mad as any other Americanista....but at the end of the day we can only blame ourselves.

22. sparkchronic

sparkchronic Member

Sep 14, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    Club América
    if youve actually seen a game he plays his heart out he runs the most and how many passes has cabanas gotten from him one of the player you say should stay
    and of course cuah is better
    i meant now with peep that are on the team dumbsht

oh and about that verga comment...wishful thinking?

23. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

man, poor Memo

24. RED_HOT_CHILI_PEPPER

Feb 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Honestly as a Chivas fan I didnt know who to go for, but I was kinda going for America since they represent Mexico. Yes the ref sucked, especially when close to the end of the game THEY COULD NOT FIND A FREAKIN BALL IN THE WHOLE FREAKIN STADIUM!! WTF only 3 minutes of additional time? But you guys have to admit you screwed up bad on D. I could not believe that goal from Arsenal..the dude was almost on the floor and he still scored while 3 defenders around him. And of course the errors in El Azteca were bad as well. Mexican clubs just need to play with more balls and throw some elbows here and there like the Argentinos do. Remember when Ramon Morales took a punch by Collechini are whatever his name is in the Confederation Cup. It reminded me of when Cabanas took that elbow by San Martin.

25. systemk redded

systemk redded Red Card

Oct 22, 2007
    Not surprised at all. No pk call on cabanas, look at the replay he got kicked right in the back of his leg no doubt about it. The ref? oh my god, I would of rather had an mls ref. Pure garbage from conmebol, the ref was sold out and of course did anything he could to make that shit wanna be team of arsenal win. Straight up robbed. But this is good, now the mexican teams will go into these tourneys with more balls and will want to win them against all these shit southy teams. Arsenal enjoy your dirty cheated win, all those dirty poor argentinians celebrating like they won a world cup. I seriously would of gave credit to arsenal, but I will never give credit to a peice of shit team who cheats and gets more than help from the ref. It was so clear and so obvious the ref would mark any lil contact against an arsenal player from an america player. Seriously mfm needs to bail out on conmebol tourneys and let them rott like they will anyways. And to that tool who said that its been going "strong" for 40 years straight, ha dont make me laugh tard. Thats why they HAD to invite mexican teams to increase their revenue because they hardly make shit. And its not all conmebol who pays to put the tourneys, its all thanks to the japanese automobile companys. Hello?!? toyota? nissan? their the ones putting the money down. Get your facts straight dumbass.