Official Chinese abroad thread [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by ForzaGrifo, Jul 31, 2002.

1. laeor

laeor New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    SH.CN
    wow...just one week Qu has won fans.that's out of my surprise. before his departure,some spurs fans think its meaningless to care.:p

btw,is this official thread to talk everything chinese football? why dont you concern on Yang Chen? he is more and more far from bundesliga by its open next week.i really worry about the guy.:(

2. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kirovski was the best player on MU youth team that included Beckham, Scholes, and the Neville brothers. The main focus of the group was Kirovski, not Beckham. Kirovski was forced to sit for an extra year on the reserve side because he failed to get the work permit. He left MU after his second failure a year later. Many MU fans were upset that their future star was gone.

Of course, he did not live up to expectation.

3. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Where is he playing now?

4. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His "better-than-Beckham" label got him to alot of places. He first went to Borussia Dortmond after MU where he won the Champions' League. Then, he joined a club in Bundesliga.2, Sporting Lisboa and finally Crystal Palace last season. He never got any PT. Birmingham was looking him last month, but the deal did not go through. The Birmingham coach or manager worked with him at MU. He probably remembered Kirovski back then. Or else why would he want to sign a player who could not play anywhere?

BTW, he is an American. He was not in the US team for 1998 or 2002. He will end up in MLS.

5. nw

nw Member

Nov 14, 2000
    No, the u in Qu is the u-umlaut sound.

6. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    what do u mean..so is it like..."chwiball" without the L sound?

7. nw

nw Member

Nov 14, 2000
    I am not sure which sound the w represents in "chwi", unless that's a special character that's not showing up over here.

Q is similar to the English "ch" sound without rounding the lips. U-umlaut is a bit like the initial vowel sound in "United" but more nasal.

8. rapscallion

rapscallion New Member

May 1, 2002
    i believe that san lee's parents actually live in england, so he's trying to gain eligibility through them.

9. nw

nw Member

Nov 14, 2000
    I just heard Middlesborough had won the appeal.

10. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    so what does that mean?

11. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    no. The Qu sounds more like "Cheu". Just imagine the "ch" in "church" and make the "ch" sound longer.

12. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    No offense...but who cares about Yang Chen? He's no where near as exciting as Qu Bo in terms of talent. Plus I think he's over his prime.

13. nw

nw Member

Nov 14, 2000
    Spurs beat Watford 1-0 in a friendly, Qu played the entire match and did well I heard, again assisting on the goal.

Fan didn't play in the Dundee match today.

14. nw

nw Member

Nov 14, 2000
    Li Tie and Li Weifeng were both 2nd half substitutes in Everton's 2-0 win over Wrexham, and both did well.

Sun played the entire match as Man City lost to Hamburg 1-0.

15. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Li Tie had an assist on his first touch of the ball. Moyes was impressed by both Li's second half performances. Everton has 29 players in their squad, two Lis need to fight real hard for their position.

Qu got an assist at the last minute of the game. I think he is going back to China next Monday. Pleat and Hoddle are going to decide whether they sign Qu or not tomorrow. Qu has great speed and some flair. If he stays, he is going to develop into a great player.

Kind of worry about Fan. He didn't play the first game. Dundee's next game is to play against Ranger, Fan might spends some times on the bench for a while.

16. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Qu had a chance to score a goal near the end of the match from a corner, but instead of heading toward the goal he decided to head it down for a teammate who scored. Some fans were thinking that a good striker should have taken the header towards goal. Perhaps Qu needs to be more selfish to show off more?

17. yetanotherkim

yetanotherkim New Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Brooklyn, NY
    Qu Bo's really showing his stuff over there!

Maybe Korean clubs shouldn't be too high-brow about trial-runs...

Despite the WC success, Korean players are still unknown quantities in England.

18. Ticallista

Ticallista Member

Jul 5, 2002
    i don't understand why some players and clubs don't like trials. it's like they are not confident of their ability or something.

if they are THAT GOOD then they will impress at the trials anyway and earn a contract.

19. nw

nw Member

Nov 14, 2000
    Well, Qu scored for Tottenham reserves against Ipswich reserves.

20. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Qu Bo scored against Ipswich today! Spurs beat them 2-1.

21. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    you just beat me to it... :(

But anyway I think there's a good chance Spurs will sign him.

22. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Qu scored a beautiful volley, he also had an assist.

Sun had an assist against Rochdale, Man City won the game 6-0.

23. jamesf24

jamesf24 New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Brighton, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On a side note, my team mate, Chen Siwei, scored both goals in our 2-1 win over Atletico Azteca in the Kalamazoo, MI mens ethnic (predominantly Mexican) leagues. :) "Viva Los Vatos"

James

24. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Cool!! Tell him us Chinese overseas compatriots are cheering him on!!

25. topcow

topcow New Member

Nov 23, 2000
    New York
    Having trouble pronouncing Qu Bo? So does all the Englishmen over there, so, it's now Qu "Kevin" Bo .