Official Chinese Abroad Thread, 2005 - 2006 Edition [R] (Part III)

Discussion in 'China' started by Txtriathlete, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Yeah, there were rumours on the Antwerp fansite saying that they were going to lose Dong to some English club. But this would have been virtually impossible due to his work permit situation.

2. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Sun Jihai in action

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
  4. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
  5. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Okey :/

6. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Is there a Chinese striker named Zhang Ming? He scored a goal in a reserves match between Sheffield United and Grimsby. He's characterized by Sheff Utd's website as "a striker brought over [on trial] through the club's Chinese links." I first thought it was Zhang Yaokun, but they repeatedly call him a striker.

7. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    It's just you, or it might be the pitch.

8. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    blasphomy! never, never, never...I could see it though, Shenhua has the money and switching Everton's blue Umbro kits for Shenhua's...No! I can't imagine it...

9. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    On Du/Evra: It wasn't only that Du was the cause of the goals/penalty, it was that he was simply outclassed. I like him and wanted to see him perform well, before the match I was telling Celtic fan friends that he was going to impress, but...It looked like he was picked from the crowd and given a hoops jersey. It was a sense of mercy that caused him to be subbed out at halftime. Evra didn't have a good game, but his performance wasn't embarassingly bad. I'm sure he'll face a bit of press grilling though.

On Sun: I thought he had a decent game today, not great but not bad. Basically, it was a performance like all the rest he's had this year. He made some mistakes, but didn't hurt the team too bad and he was there, not much impact, positive or negative, but he hustled. In talking with City fans, they have mixed feelings about him, he goes out and constantly hustles, but he's lacking the necessary skills.

On Zhang: I don't think there's a double standard or anything. Typically, unless the situation is dire, a new midseason signing isn't immediately thrown on the field. I'm not sure when Zhang got into Sheffield, but he's coming a very, very long way and its automatic that he should get a few days to adjust. I am pretty sure that we'll see Zhang feature in the Sheffield lineup sooner than later and I absolutely don't think Zhang was bought for business reasons, I believe the motive was purely football.

10. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Please watch or rewatch Clyde vs. Celtic. He caused a penalty, which was brought about by Rod Wallace's missed header. The ensuing goal from the corner kick was not his fault. The first goal came from an attack, when Rod Wallace marked the wrong man and ran into Artur Boruc. Again, it wasn't Du Wei's fault. But I grant you that he was bad and had to be saved by the referee on several occasions. Evra was just as culpable if not more. He lost a header to Trevor Sinclair and then the ball fell to Darius Vassell whom scored.

Sheffield United are active in the Chinese market. They got Zhang Yaokun because of he has some talent and also Chinese fans knows that Hao Haidong will never play so they never watch/follow the team. Now United hope to attract some new attention by getting Zhang, whom can actually be passed off as a real player, unlike Hao.

11. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    With Du, I think the difference is that late in that half, Du sort of looked like a deer in headlights, like he wanted the ball to be as far away from him as possible, he went to pieces and I didn't get that feeling so much from Evra's play and body language.

I've already offered my theory on Sheffield. They bought Hao, not as a player, but as a manager in training. Remember, the transfer fee was only like $1. They wanted to teach him, develop him, and then when they bought a team in China, they could send Hao to be the coach. Also, they wanted an inside track to getting Chinese talent. They thought by having Hao there, he could help sell players on Sheffield and he could also assist in their adjustment. I'm sure things are being made much easier for Zhang by having Hao present.

On the marketing issue, its new thread time, hehe...

12. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Damn straight. Remain steadfast. Don't kowtow. Hey chinafootballfan, you got your wish! Du Wei in the ACL! :D

13. Steven_W

Steven_W New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Just watched the Manchester derby again and thought the ref was more than fair. Ronaldo is a petulant, idiotic little sh!te. You can't just go in studs up aimed at someone else's knee. A deserved red card.

14. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    fully agree. Ronaldo has great skills but his decision making is rather poor most of the time.

15. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Du didn't even dress the last game.

I don't think he had a fair chance, because that game vs Clyde, Celtic was using majority backup players. Although Clyde is not in the SPL, Celtic still needs to use the first team if it wants to simulate a real match. Many of the players in that game including Du Wei hardly ever plays. I think it's unfair. Du Wei should get another chance.

16. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    back up players? :confused: it was there full team

17. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Du should've got 1 or 2 more chances to show himself.

18. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    I hope Celtic rots.

19. Yes, they based him on 1 cup performance :mad: , He will be better off back in China anyway. Hopefully another club from europe will come in for him

20. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    He's begging now...

21. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Just go back now...

22. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Done.

23. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  24. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    oh well

It's time for Shenhua to win the ACL

25. ReturnoftheTang

Jul 15, 2005
    we have another new Hope

Zhang Yaokun

he might actually play. Remember, Sun Jihai also started in what was previous Div 1 now it's called League Championship.

I hope Sheff United lets Zhang play and even after promotion, they will still consider Zhang has part of the main squad. Sheff Utd's promotion looks very promising this year. As long as they don't lose the next 7 straight or something