Official Champions league draw Thread-30/08/07

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by BusbyBabes, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    chelsea's? Schalke and Valencia arent walk overs

2. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Chelsea have a tough group, probably as hard as us.

3. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    chelseas groups is the hardest.

4. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    At least Chelsea know what they are up against.

How many times have we gone up against Dynamo Kiev?

Roma did beat us last season, and Sporting Lisbon are no cake walks either. There are no pushover teams in our group. Rosenborg is 6 point for Chelsea. Wether you want to be disrespectful or not, they are not going to do much.

5. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sporting is going to stun Man united on the 19th.

6. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    I like that pool fans have to go to Turkey, and it aint because of the noise level.

7. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    Correct.

Something interesting...

Besiktas fans actually broke the sound record (by a four decible margin) while playing AWAY at Anfield.

Now if you can get 15,000 fans to break the sound record, imagine what it will be like with 50,000.

8. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    My take:

Liverpool could very well take second in the group because of draws. I think all of the teams in their group will purposely play for the draw against them.

Chelsea has a moderately easy group. Valencia should be tough, but not enough to prevent them from taking the group.

Real Madrid have an easy group. I expect all wins, with maybe a draw against Bremen.

[Benfica Bias]
    Benfica will win the group with six wins.
    [/Benfica Bias]
    In reality, I see the group coming out exactly like its seeded.

Barcelona easily have the toughest group. Any of the top three could come out on top of the group.

Manchester United also have a tough group. As a Benfica fan, I typically think that Sporting will lose against any tough competition, but in reality they do put up a tough fight. Expect Ronaldo and Nani to be cheered by many and booed by a few. For most Sporting fans, their greatest glories lie in the players they developed and they don't think of it as treason to transfer to a big team. Just like the hammers. Roma could either be really tough or really easy, it depends on how the players prepare for the match. They could very likely give up before the game starts or could come prepared and give United the fight of its life.

Inter's group is just crap, and besides nobody caring, nobody will get further than the semis.

Arsenal will also top the group with little problem. Sevilla might not even make it to the second place in the group.

9. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    Inter is crap though they will mess it up.

10. Carne Leao

Carne Leao New Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Translation: Fergie thinks 10 points is sufficent to get through and states he knows alot about Sporting because of Nani and Ronaldo.

11. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Always look out with turks with Knives! :eek::eek:

12. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I forgot about Barca's group. Thats a toughie as well.

13. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You can't ignore group E. Barcelona are favorites again this season and depsite their shaky start, Lyon isn't close to collapsing by any means and their experience always went a long way. Stuttgart are the dark horses. When they were in Europe the last time, they did extremely well and they have one of the most balanced and determined teams.

EDIT: just spotted your post above. Sorry.

14. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If we can beat Roma, Sporting and Kiev at home to get nine points that will be brilliant considering our rather crap away form.

At least Roma are in Kiev in November, united a month earlier which is good as a month does make a difference.

Some of you seem to not realise that Rooney will be back in about two weeks as his recovery has been that quick that he wanted to play against Spurs so that is a great bonus!