"Official" BigSoccer EPL Prediction League

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by Treetaliano, Aug 3, 2003.

1. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    If any of you guys played last year...then you remember how much a pain in the ass it was, cuz whoever it was keeping score would mess up the scores etc...

so I took it upon myself to design a "site" to take care of all that for us...so we can play and not have any errors...

anyways, here is the link.

Have fun with it

http://sf1000.registeredsite.com/~user965740/eplgame/

I would also suggest you bookmark if it you do play..it has the wierd URL by design

2. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    responding to myself here... :D

Just noticed that Splargy himself posted something similar to this in the other forum which I missed.

Mods feel free to move this over there, but I think this will get more visibilty here for a the time being...

Brian, check your PM's

3. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    A mod should make this thread sticky, for anyone who wants to join later.

4. whirlwind

whirlwind New Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Plymouth, MI, USA
    Nicely done, Tree.... I'm in...

5. paulo

paulo Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Atlanta
    you got skillz

nice job on the website - I am so geeked for this season.

6. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    cool...35 ppl already in, in less than 2 days...

sticky? nah...Huss should just make it a link on the front page :D

j/k hope you guys enjoy it..i quit last years game cuz it was too hard to keep up, hope this is simpler

7. ripmstr

ripmstr New Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Orlando Fl
    Great stuff, I'm in...

8. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    as Clanblue pointed something out...the scoring system has changed a tad. if you've already signed up you should go read the scoring system again to be up to date

9. daniel19

daniel19 New Member

Jul 30, 2003
    London
    I'm in. Do the fixtures for Sunday and Monday go up after the games have been played on Saturday?

10. maloner

maloner New Member

May 10, 2003
    Canada
    great site, great scoring system.

11. mst77

mst77 New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Washington
    looks great - thanks

12. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    for the first 2 weeks...everyone can choose up until 5am GMT, midnight Saturday on the 16th

for example

first 2 rounds weeks of the season, those to be played between the 16th and 23rd need to be slected by Saturday Aug 16th

then

the 3rd round of matches, those to be played between the 24th and 31st, need to be submitted between the 17th and the 23rd.

and so on...

each new round will appear on Saturday.

hope that makes sense

13. Andy

Andy New Member

Dec 23, 1998
    NYC
    Moved and stuck

14. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    oops

Just incase you who signed up dont check your PM's...

I overlooked something, and had to make a change in the selection of the predictions and scheduling of the first 2 weeks.

This was done to allow users to make predictions until the very first match day of the season.

All matches to be played on the 16th are due by 5am GMT that morning, however since there are also matches that are to be played between the 17th and 23rd, that would allow only one day to choose those.

In order to allow ample time to choose the matches between the 17th and 23rd, you'll need to log back in, and also make those selection. Your prior selections will still show.

Apologies for the oversight, and promise there wont be anymore hitches :D

Cheers
    -Tree

15. mikesterw

mikesterw New Member

May 2, 2001
    Long Island, NY
    Tree, this rocks. Thanks.

16. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    np...I was going to do this last year as well, but since I was a newbie then, no one would have taken me seriously :D

We've got 52 ppl joined so far with 10 days left until kickoff so hopefully we'll have a large number of participants somewhat like the MLS game

17. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thumbs Up

Nice work.

18. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in, Tree.

Can't wait to get started. And great work with the site and the graphics, too. Very easy on the eyes.

Now with my location being what it is, if I can keep the deadline times correct, I think I should do pretty well in this competition. :D

And I might get a couple of my Aussie mates of the online geek variety involved in this, too. :)

19. kevbrunton

kevbrunton New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sorry to quibble Tree, but this doesn't make sense.

We shouldn't have to make our picks for the 23rd until that week -- AFTER all the matches for the 16th & 17th have been played. There could be key injuries or suspensions in one week that would affect the next.

You need to set it up so it's by ROUND, not by date. There are rounds during the midweek at different points in the season and we shouldn't have to pick those until Monday or Tuesday after the weekend previous is finished.

20. Koeman4

Koeman4 New Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Barcelona
    I'm in too.

I agree with kevbrunton. This should be by round and not every two weeks.

21. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    it is by "round". It's NOT every two weeks.

The Epl isnt like Italy or Spain where they go thru the schedule smoothly by playing everyone once, then afterwards, you play the exaclt schedule, but in reverse...

each "Round" is Sunday - Saturday

The only thing screwy is the first week only will have 1 day of matches, so instead of makine everyone choose the results for the 16th by the 9th, I gave everyone up until the 16th proper.

Again...

Round 1 Aug 10 - Aug 16 <--- picks due the 16th @ midnite EST isntead of August 9th.

Round 2
    Aug 17 - Aug 23 <--- picks due the 16th @ midnite EST

etc

So what that means is that AFTER the matches on the 16th (Round 1) , log back in and you STILL can make the picks for Round 2, so Henry breaks his leg vs Everton, you will know ahead of the second match.

You are correct, you need a week or so in order to make a good preditcion, but instead of making it so that everyone had to have the first week of picks done by the 9th I did it this way.

TO be really brief in summary..Log in any Saturday, after the 23rd, you will have a full SEVEN days to make selections. In other words, I did it exactly how you said.

EDIT:
    I will post on the site complete schedule to clarify any confusion

22. ScouseCat

ScouseCat New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm going to have to beat you in this competition now after reading that. :D

23. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, nothing derrogatory about the term "online geek". It fits all of us, like a glove, and in a very good way at that. :)

Between you and the other Aussie blokes involved in the competition, I think I can school the lot of you. Under-estimate me at your own peril...

Nonetheless, that might make for an interesting mini-competition for the four or five of us from this corner of the world getting involved here.

And of course, welcome aboard, my friend. The more people we can get involved, the better the competition will be-- something I'm sure Tree will attest to.

24. ScouseCat

ScouseCat New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    It will be like the AFL dream team all over again, the only difference is there's no percentage boosters for me in this competition. :D

25. mattyc2422

mattyc2422 New Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Melbourne
    I'm in. :)