Official Big Soccer Sopranos Thread

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by supersport, Sep 6, 2002.

1. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    i just now caught up after being without the ability to grab these on a torrent - i have about a dozen specific thoughts, but i cant right now because the BLUES game is starting - did want to say really quick that eps 3,4 & 5 were among the creme de la - so utterly thick with tension and the sense of impending doom that it reaches out and grabs ya in your seat

2. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Anyone catch last Sunday's epi? I loved the interplay between Christopher and his "friend" with the drug and gambling problem. I especially liked the scene where the dude with the drug and gambling problem tries to pawn his Emmy and the pawnshop dealer says "if it was an Oscar, maybe, but it's only tv."

Very self-depricating. :)

3. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I loved this episode - the comedy int he Christopher/Mentor relationship was great, but the Tony/Dad's mistress relationship was very well-done too and made it a great, if very different than recent ones, episode.

4. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When T's Dad's mistress was singing, I kept waiting for the dancing/backwards-talking midget to come out.

5. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    The old lady was Poly Bergin I remember her from Cape Fear (original) the wife of Gregory Peck. Everytime I see the old Cape Fear when Mitchum breaks the egg and wipes the mess on her tits I still get a ha_d on :)

She was a good looking women in her time. I wouldn't be surprised if the JFK story with her was true.

6. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    That scene was pretty Lynch-esque, wasn't it? Creeped me out.

7. cj herrera

cj herrera New Member

May 7, 1999
    Oakland, damn straig
    Now that's hilarious.

I actually loved, loved, loved this week's episode. Everybody was using everybody for their own ends and being completely self-delusional about it.
    --The creepy mistress delusional about JFK and Tony's father.
    --Christopher delusional about "working the program" while fronting his friend's gambling fix, delusional about being a friend to the guy whose car he just took and beat the crap out of.
    --Tony delusional about this crazy broad who used to do his father, and delusional about his parent's relationship with each other and him.

But the biggest thing was the scene with young Tony and his mother in the hospital. His mom's in the hospital after a miscarriage, could have died, his dad's out playing around, and she puts him on the spot: "Where were you last night?"

She wasn't really asking. She knew the answer. And when Tony lied to her, her reaction was epic. Suddenly the whole Livia/Tony thing becomes much more complex.

Great episode. Low body count, but very high concept.

8. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    chris to tim daly's character

"dont look at me like that.... i wont enable you!"

just classic

9. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    I missed the last 20 minutes or so of the last episode--I saw up until the point that Chris started beating up his friend in recovery. What happened after that?

I'm assuming that the JFK story was B.S.

10. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Great episode last night. So Vito likes security guards? I bet Finn wishes he didn't know that now.

The mafia moral from last night's episode -- When in trouble, blame it on being jumped by a couple of black guys.

12. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    A great episode all around. BTW, gay mafia guys are not that uncommon. There was a big guy in the Chicago outfit named Fifi Bucherri, who got the name due to having poodles, but he turned out to be as gay.

13. cj herrera

cj herrera New Member

May 7, 1999
    Oakland, damn straig
    "PEEPS!?! That's a fvckin nickname!"
    "..ehh......Joey's dyslexic...."
    "What's that go to do with anything!"

Great episode all around. First time I've ever seen a marriage proposal used as a life support system (intentional or not).

14. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca

no doubt, that's what i thought too. if it ever comes to meadow's attention that the proposal was used as protection, the sheeeIT will hit the fan.

15. patrickdavila

patrickdavila Member

Jan 13, 1999
    Easton, PA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finn was saying "he either wants to kill me or eff me, then kill me"

I'm thinking the latter. Vito is a major Joe Perry fan!

16. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
    So about 2 episodes back, they played a song by (The Faces)? in the end credits. Anyone know the name of that song?

17. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    Bad 'N' Ruin from The Faces' "Long Player" album.

18. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I wonder what's French-Canadian for where's my mother?

:)

Tony is a bad bad man.

19. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
    Another great episode, and again a great song in the closing credits, "I Not Like Everybody Else", the Kinks. Ones of my all time favorite Kinks songs. I can't believe only 3 more episodes in this season.

20. patrickdavila

patrickdavila Member

Jan 13, 1999
    Easton, PA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Usually HBO gets turned off as soon as the Sopranos are over. I might have to watch the rest of the season of Deadwood first.

21. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    Well, one thing I think may happen is that Chris is going to turn into a rat. That look he had driving back from the farm was a mixture of depression and desperation.

As for Janice, she had it coming to her from Tony. She is the most evil of all the Sopranos by far. Almost reminded me of my boss from my last job.

22. cj herrera

cj herrera New Member

May 7, 1999
    Oakland, damn straig
    "He's out there playin golf when he should be lookin for the real killer."

Sound familiar?
    That and Janice being rugby tackled were the two higlights of hilarity.

23. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    là où est ma mère

24. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    I love the Christopher-Tony B thing they have brewing. I think it will get ugly between the two very soon.

25. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Damn, I missed this week's episode, any good sites for summaries?