Official Big Soccer Sopranos Thread

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by supersport, Sep 6, 2002.

1. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
    The best show on TV is coming back on Sept. 15th.

2. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    thank god b/c it has been far too long...

3. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    As Tony is driving into Jersey at the beginning of the show they took out the WTC shot.

Having a Soprano party at 9 PM nest Sunday when the show comes back on. Food Sausage peppers and onions, Baked Ziti, macaroni pie, Wine and Zepolas.

I have invited some of my criminal friends that are still alive to it. So we can watch and make fun of them.

One guy came over a few yrs ago with his daughter for a visit. It was around the time of Easter. We were watching a guy doing the stations of the cross in South America. They do the real thing over there, they actually whip him, crown him with thorns and nail him to a cross. Everything except kill him at the end. I think it would be a lot more interesting if they did kill him to bad.

Well, any way we are watching this, and as the guy gets nailed to the cross my friend says "I wish that was me." His daughter looks at him and says "You want to be nailed to the cross?" He says "No, I wish it was me nailing the guy to the cross."

Richie

4. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "... got myself a gun ..."

5. cosmosRIP

cosmosRIP Member

Jul 22, 2000
    Brooklyn NY
    The 2 best shows on TV are coming back on Sept. 15th. A new season of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' debuts at 10.

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's start a little prediction...

Who do you think will get wacked this season?

I'm betting on Chris. He just seems to be headed in the wrong direction.

7. whirlwind

whirlwind New Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Plymouth, MI, USA
    Re: Re: Official Big Soccer Sopranos Thread

Two of the three, then. Not sure when Six Feet Under restarts.

8. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    Paulie goes and it is Chris that does it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tony get arrested. Then in the shows last season he is sentenced and does his business from Oz :)

9. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Ralphie.

10. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Is this season the last season or is there another after this?

Over the course of the next two seasons, Ralphie obviously is going to die. Chris is going to die as well.

Furio will kill Ralphie. It will be ugly. Chris will probably do something stupid that will get him whacked by someone else. Or maybe Tony will order the hit?

It looks like from the preview, that Tony's daughter hits it with someone that she shouldn't hit it with. I don't know who, but that guy is going to get whacked for sure.

I have to say season two really really sucked. Season one was phenonmenal. Season three was very very good. Can't wait until Sunday.

11. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
    Sept. 2nd issue of Time, gives away a little too much info about the second season. Thankfully they don't say who gets "wacked", I gonna say both Paulie and Chris, Ralphie is a given, and if this is in fact the last season Furio is a goner too.

12. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco

13. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys should watch Cartoon Network right after the Sopranos. They are going to show the Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law parody of the Sopranos (Fred Flintstone as a mob boss) funny stuff.

14. Megatron

Megatron New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    Chicago
    I'm picking Ralphie,he would be my first choice since Tony Kicked his ass last season in that parking lot after he beat up that stripper.

15. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm having one too. We're going to cook up a bunch of sauce with bracciole, meatballs, sausage, a little broccoli rabe with garlic on the side. I can't wait.

16. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ralphie is a magnanimous prick. I'd off him if it were up to me.

17. cmonaco

cmonaco New Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Montreal/NYC
    having been HBO-less last season, i've been speding my time and money at Blockbuster catching up on season 3 the past week.

Point is, i'm about 6 episodes into the season and I can't believe Ralphie even *makes* it to season 4. i keep on thinking he's gonna be offed every next scene he's in.

18. Ceebs

Ceebs New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    For curious folks, there's a veritable goldmine of speculation and spoilers in this here forum. Don't say I didn't warn you.

19. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
    Don't make us put an "R" in this thread.

20. SportBoy321

SportBoy321 New Member

Jul 6, 2002
    New England
    I think Tony is the biggest prick on the show I wish he'd die but that won't happen since he's the star of the show. Actually they're all pricks the only nice dude is Bobby Baccala.

21. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    "Actually they're all pricks the only nice dude is Bobby Baccala."

I am sure he is a prince. Did you see the eposide with his father. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. they just have not shown him do anything so far.

I always said that if there was a real Tony he would be hitting his kids because he is too used to using his hands at a drop of a hat.

The guy that to me was most like the real thing was the short guy forget his name that was shot by Tony's sister.

22. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    You're forgetting that the theme of the show is the dichotomy between Tony the crime boss and Tony the family man. He kills and steals in hopes that children won't have to, so he tries his best to not bring the business side back to his home.
    Irony being, he commands alleigance from murderous thugs yet he cannot controll his wife, children or his own psychological health.

-------
    I wonder if they'll do anything with AJ's character. The children have been out of the business side of the family, but that changed when Meadow got involved with Jackie Jr. I have a feeling it's AJ's turn to cross into the dark side after playing the oblivious ne'er-do-well son for a few seasons.

23. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    well, whats the thought about tonights show?

i thought it was decent, not the best but a middle of the road show...next weeks previews look to be a damn good one for sure.

24. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    Before anyone asks, the song played as Tony walked down his driveway to pick up the morning Star-Ledger and over closing credits was "World Destruction" by Time Zone featuring John Lydon & Afrika Bambaataa.

25. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey thanks, that helps. Seriously.

Tonight was a setup for the rest of the season. There's going to be a lot of plot lines about money this season.
    -- Tony is going to put a hell of a lot more trust into Christopher this year (the discussion with Melfi at the end).
    -- Paulie is going to be angry that Tony is paying him no mind and not bailing him out.
    -- Bobby is stepping up and will either bond with Tony (unlikely) or be a thorn in his side.
    -- Junior is going to be bogged down with the trial, but will try to move business through Bobby instead of Tony.
    -- Carmela is figuring out her post-Tony survival strategy (whether that's for his death, incarceration, or - gasp! - divorce).

If Ralphie survives the season, he's bulletproof.