Official "Ban Soccer Horns" petition

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by cliffkram, Sep 22, 2003.

1. cliffkram

cliffkram Member

May 4, 2003
    Brum via NYC
    Fans of Colorado Rapids and MLS-

An online petition has been created that will be forwarded to Major League Soccer upon completion of this season, imploring them to ban what has been known as "Soccer Horns". I urge you, if you do not want these horns at the matches next year, please sign the petition which can be found at http://www.petitiononline.com/MLShorns/petition.html
    Let's put forth a solid effort and rid MLS of thse horns.

2. LuvMLS

LuvMLS New Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    What?!?! I like the horns you ban horns you might as well ban the drums and any other noise makers!! They add to the spirit of the game.

3. WildRiver

WildRiver New Member

May 27, 2003
    Mile High
    Every team but the Rapids are on the petition.

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    Does seem to be a slight oversight there.

5. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO
    Ban Soccer horns? Are the aristocratic fan's sphincters so tight that "soccer" horns need to be banned?

How about banning fans that don't like noise at the games?

6. cliffkram

cliffkram Member

May 4, 2003
    Brum via NYC
    I really can't explain how sorry I am for leaving Rapids off, but rest assured, Mile High Club will be added when the petition is sent in to the front offices.
    Please tell all you know at matches about this, because BigSoccer surely does not reach everyone.

Thanks

7. Ringer

Ringer Member

Aug 7, 1999
    Littleton, CO
    How about no extra noise at the games. No yelling or whistling and no drums. Only polite clapping, and only when extremely appropriate.

Whiners

8. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hhmmmmm, looks as if I might have to get a few of those now.

9. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    While were at it. Why don't we ban all fans from all MLS games, then we can be like the WUSA. DEFUNCT!!! You people are real idiots.

10. cljco

cljco New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Denver
    Don't bother. We'd rather just ban you.
    HELLO!! it's a soccer game, not a golf torunament! The more noise the better.

11. chilistrider

chilistrider Together We Rise

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shouldn't this decision be made on a team-by-team basis or a stadium-by-stadium basis? What happens at Invesco Field at Mile High if you get thousands of signatures on this petition but none of your signatories are from Colorado? I'm not convinced this is something the League can dictate.

12. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    No problems with the horns. None at all really.

13. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forget this! Let the people make noise! This is not a kiddy game.

14. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    This one time, at band camp...

[​IMG]

15. el pibe 316

el pibe 316 New Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Longmont, CO
    Notice the winning team's fans like horns. Maybe the dallas fans should get some horns...

Thank you for the offer to rid our games of loud noise. We apparently like all that racket.

16. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think people should play real trumpets instead of those awful horns ;)

17. SignGuyDino

SignGuyDino New Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Fletcher, NC
    Then you guys will hate me: I not only use a stadium horn, I attach it to a 34" megaphone.

I do understand why some hate the horns: Some kids will be blasting it for no reason. Now, if they were to have a section for folks who only use the horn at big moments of the game (goals and such), that would be rocking, at least until the little monsters figure out what the horns were for.

There's NO reason to oppose the drums.

18. Rabidratz

Rabidratz Member

Jul 17, 2001
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Ban the horns!!! What!!!

The idiot who thought up this petition would have a heart attack if he stood in or near our section at the Rapids games. We have horns, we have drums, we make noise and we have fun. I am not a fan of whistles so you can ban those if you like, but horns, NEVER! Our players love the noise. Go back to sleep Rip Van Winkle and wake up in another millenium. And by the way, please leave us off your petition, we're not offended in the slightest!

19. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Listening to bigsoccer radio ... and they had this guy on that started this petition ...

So I was curious how many of the 242 people who signed the petition were Rapids fans ...

TWO.

20. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep the horns, ban the tool starting the petition.

21. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The problem with horns is that the person using it has no idea how loud it is to the people below him. Seriously, these things cause hearing damage. If someone made a horn that sent the sound at the blowees face, I wouldn't mind you using it.

22. The Legend

The Legend New Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Colorado, Where Lege
    The Rapids Foundation sells these horns at the games on the concourse... I am going to buy 3 tonight to spite the protest.

23. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got mine in LA, I'll bring it too. I'll blow it right into the back of someone's head because I have never thought of the effects to someone else in the stadium. I am the only one there and I will be happy blowing my horn. :)

Don't worry quiet people, I'll be in 127 and none of you will be near me.

24. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I'm going to start a petition to either ban the cannon or ban scoring. It always seems to wake me up in the middle of my nap.

25. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Actually they should ban people from that games!!! They're the ones blowing the horns! It's not the horn's fault!