Official Arsenal Board Troll Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by 442, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Speaking of (off-topic) hockey, how does Aebischer look so far, Dan?

2. dub77

dub77 New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    in denial
    Hey why don't the Mets and Arsenal go into some kind of marketing agreement.:) They could have a deal with Boston as well.

3. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    I thought of that on my way home last night, but never got around to fixing it.

As far as Aebischer goes, I don't think the Avs really need a goalie. With Forsberg, Sakic, Kariya and Selanne all on one team, it'll be like the 1980s Oilers all over again.

And, to make this as wide-ranging a post as possible, I'd love to see a marketing partnership with somebody over here, but not the Mets or Red Sox, please. The last thing we need is advice from either of those teams on winning trophies!

4. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    lemme see here... Modano, Guerin, Lehtinen, Arnott, Young, Turgeon, Morrow, Kapanen, AND a the best goalie in the league in Turco.. ya we could defo be looking at a solid stanley cup playoff run~~
    wish we had some of those Avs defensemen tho (Foote/Morris/Blake)

hockey couple cents~~

P

5. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    I wish we had a Red Wings D-man, specifically the one WE USED TO HAVE!

I have made a vow to myself that the first time Hatcher lays out Modano, Guerin, or Arnott, or scores a goal against Dallas, I will immediately proceed to hop the glass onto the Stars bench and bitch slap Pierre Turgeon. That way he'll know that, a) he's KILLING us, and; b) that the fat paycheck he keeps cashing should be going to Hatcher.

I'm not going as far as saying that Turco is the best goalie in the league, though. Brodeur is pretty damn good himself.

6. dub77

dub77 New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    in denial
    I was joking the Mets/Sox are rivals to the Yankees, more So Boston though. See it would be Arsenal/Sox verses Yanks/Manu their nemesis.

7. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
    Well, he's dropped some weight, for what it's worth. Has looked fine so far, but hasn't had a lot to do. I wouldn't be surprised to see Khabibulin or another veteran with the Avs later this season, though.

Not that Nik fits the bill, but I'm sure Dallas fans understand the importance of having a playoff-tested goalie during crunch time, no matter how good he was in the regular season.

As far as the BS Troll Consipiracy comment, I don't know that that's ever been specifically said, but you can't deny that this board draws more trolls than any other of the England Clubs. It's the most active, and it has been as long as I can remember, so maybe that's one reason why. I think the idea to start this thread is brilliant.

8. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
  9. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    That playoff exit had more to do with one J.S. Giguere standing on his head than Turks.

I agre with you wholeheartedly about the thread, though. It allows for quicker viewing as we can concentrate all the troll posts in one convenient package.

Perhaps we should put a sticky on this.

10. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    prophetic? eagerly waiting for highbury? arsenal will lose?

yes.

11. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    I hear Arsenal players kill women and children routinely.

12. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence

Not only is it true, it has desensitized Arsene so much toward violence that he no longer sees fouls on the pitch.

13. jegerpenge

jegerpenge New Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Lake Charles, LA
    i heard that the evolution of man went like this monkeys -> keown -> giggs -> humans

14. flounderchop

flounderchop New Member

15. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Man is it convenient to get all the troll posts in one concise thread. I say "More Trolls"!

And I think I'll buy one of those Wenger T-Shirts. I can certainly see the irony.

16. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Nostra-fricking-damus you are.

17. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, well. [Hoddle]There's always next year.[/Hoddle] More avatar material, this one courtesy of Captain Splarg. [​IMG]

18. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I prefer this one still:

[​IMG]

19. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I think I'm gonna buy that shirt. I wonder if I can persuade my boss to order some for the shop. The RvN ones are good stuff, but the Wenger ones will sell.

20. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, yeah, I forgot, it says on arsenal.com that DB10 will be out because he got kicked in the leg at The Theatre of Muppets. Hmmm...

21. TravisMinor_23

TravisMinor_23 New Member

Oct 16, 2001
    United States
    Well, I'll explain it to you as best I can. First of all, the basic premise that any opposing fan who visits your board and has a opposing viewpoint (personally I pointed out a few weeks ago Arsenal were lucky to get a point from Portsmouth and I thought Pires has done a bit of diving, none of this in a trollish manner, but in a conversational one) is labeled a troll, that in itself is fun.
    But the more obvious reason Arsenal draws so many visitors (trolls as you like to call them) is they are currently the most controverisal team in the EPL, and that brings about discussion. They obviously have a very talented team that has proved itself capable of winning the EPL in the past, but regardless they seem to find controversy wherever they go. Wegner's diciplinary record isn't QUITE ideal and the reactions to accusations are laughable at times. The Charity Shield started it all, and Sol just wouldn't let it go, honestly I think thats Arsenal's problem, they almost feel as if it is a public relations war. RVN didn't feel the need to lash out through the media, nor did SAF but Arsenal sure doesn't have a problem that, and I don't think that helps the situation. Sol's continued conspiracy witch hunt, Pires lash out that he isn't a diver, Wegner's postmatch comments, and Viera's claim that RVN was to blame for his sending off. If they have these opinions, its fine, but they are for the diciplinary process, not the media. I mean, come on, Viera tried to hit out at RVN with a yellow card, what other result from that could there have been?

Anyway, just my two cents from a neutral observer, hope to enjoy another exciting EPL title chase.

22. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like how you act like Dan is stupid. That makes me giggle...

23. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Now wait one minute, pal. This is the TROLL thread. Well thought out arguments that are non-inflamatory have no business in here. *L*

Hey, we're actually great guys (and gals) who appreciate a good football discussion. Your post would fall under that heading, and thereby doesn't belong with all the "F You!"'s and "Wenger sucks!' posts that we normally attract.

Feel free to post here anytime. If it is as well put as your post here, then the reception you get will be mostly friendly. We just won't agree with you for the most part, but that's life.

24. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    Let me also add that we actually DISCUSS things here. There's often serious disagreements among us about a number of key issues. The vast majority of us also follow the game closely and have a pretty good idea of what's going on outside of Highbury. Contrary to what some might tell you, we do respect the opinions of other teams' supporters, provided they present a decent argument and don't just sit there and say "Arsenal sucks" over and over again. You don't necessarily get that on other boards. We had a Man U supporter on here a while ago that said he came on our board for precisely those reasons and we had some really good discussions with him. That's not to say that we've had overreaction lately and people branding others trolls when they weren't, but we've been a little edgy due to the influx of new Man U fans who don't know the Neville Brothers from...well, the Neville Brothers. Man, I should have thought that one through more.

25. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Mostly we discuss why jwaldman11 has this weird infatuation with the Neville brothers (both the US and UK versions)

:)