Official Andrulis Poll (Actually with a poll, I hope)

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by KCbus, Nov 1, 2004.

1. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have at it.

2. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where is the "Run him over with a dump-truck" option??

3. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Start your own poll. :D

4. 10 fan

10 fan New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    United States
    We don't even have to fire him. He's out of contract. He didn't get us as far as we should have gone in the playoffs, so there's no way we should sign him to a new contract.

5. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    I agree strongly with this. Greg can't possibly have the confidence of the players. He certainly doesn't have the confidence of the fans. I think he deserves to be fired for his shortcomings as a soccer coach, but even if you attribute the loss to the missed PKs, the team needs a change.

6. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The four guys who voted to keep him are from DC.

7. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS

Can we just delete their votes then?

8. crewken

crewken Member

Dec 4, 2003
    Columbus
    After a recount, it was officially determined that one is from Boston; three from DC.

9. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City

No not all of us. Regardless of competition, what he did Sunday was shameful.

10. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Must be some hanging chads on them "keep him" votes...

11. CrewNorthEnder

CrewNorthEnder New Member

Sep 15, 2004
    I like the front end loader better. Cuz you can run him over, then scoop him back up, dump him back onto another flat spot, then run him over again.

12. Bleacherbutt

Bleacherbutt New Member

May 1, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    He's the Grady Little of MLS. I am hopeful that C-bus will find its Francona.

13. DRWCrew

DRWCrew Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if we want a Francona...even he seemed prone to poor judgement a few times. Give me a Scotty Bowman or a Phil Jackson instead.

14. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is there even an option for keeping him?

It'd be better if the options were different levels of pain and humiliation that we would wish upon him.

15. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because he won the Supporters' Shield.

And no, I didn't vote that way, either.

16. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    Who knows what he's exactly responsible for, and does it matter?

I think we need a change and he's still a decent guy. I have no interest in watching an Andrulis coached team next year. GA's had his shot -- sometimes you get credit and blame whether you were responsible or not even involved. GA needs a change and so do we...

I want Bob - he'd bring some real fire to the team and we would be interesting to watch. GA plays way too many head games. These are men who've chosen this as their profession. There's no need for the little games like not knowing whether you make the travel squad until Fri. PM.

17. *futbolfan*

*futbolfan* New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Just food for thought - If this league (mls) was run like the majority of the leaugues around the world and the single table championship format was the deciding factor as to who the champion was, would you still want greg as a coach? Would he be considered a top coach within the league? Just looking for some people's opinions. Have at it!

18. joe guy

joe guy New Member

Apr 26, 2002
    Portland, OR
    I don't think too many Crew fans are thinking rationally right now. That's to be expected after their team's playoff disappointment, but after years of such frustration eventually one realizes it is a rare time in life when your team wins all the marbles and that for your sanity you must savor anything you can get.

I would be very happy with this team's overall performance if I were a Crew fan; they won the Supporters Shield and improved dramatically over last year, which in my opinion should be attributed mainly to Greg Andrulis and his coaching staff.

Maybe when some of the Columbus folks cool off they may look differently at their 2004 winning season (or in some extreme cases, unfortunately not).

19. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS

Since you're not a Crew fan you wouldn't know. Your opinion is basically irrelevant.

20. Looper121

Looper121 Member

United States
    Jun 19, 2003
    Sec 104
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Fire Him"...If he can't prepare his team for a 2-leg playoff and get better results than that, he needs to caoch a high school team...

21. Looper121

Looper121 Member

United States
    Jun 19, 2003
    Sec 104
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Shut up asswipe...

22. 10 fan

10 fan New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    United States
    The reality is we don't have a single table and the reality is we do have playoffs, and always will. At the end of the day, your performance in the playoffs is all that really matters, and GA's playoff history is pathetic. There is no question we need to go in a new direction.

23. Crew14

Crew14 Member

Apr 11, 2000
    Brunswick
    In my opinion, we are thinking very rationally. Why should we be happy with our season when in the end we didn't win MLS Cup? Why should winning the Supporter's Shield be enough for us? In the end those 18 games meant absolutely nothing as we couldn't win what mattered. In the end this team was just another mediocre team. We've dealt with mediocrity enough and we're sick of it. Out of the ten teams, we are one of three who have never even made an MLS Cup. And in the case of this year's team, that is unacceptable. We had the best team in our history, and arguably one of the deepest teams in MLS history. In my view, anything less than at least making MLS Cup was a huge failure for this team.

As far as Andrulis goes, he's had his chance. He should've been gone after last year. Even others will say he should've been gone years ago. Don't think we were content with Andrulis just because we were winning. Many (if not all) of us have been questioning him all year. He makes some of the dumbest decisions on subbing (many a time putting a player in in the 87+ min.), still has problems developing youth, often times sits back on leads or for draws, and of course the debacle that was our starting lineup on Sunday. Then after, when asked about the decision, he gives us "i can't answer questions". How are we supposed to support him when he makes some bizarre decisions and then can't give us a straight answer or take the blame. It was a mistake hiring him back, and I said halfway through the season that anything less than a trip to MLS Cup wasn't a good enough "apology" for last year.

So in conclusion, there is no reason for us to be happy about our season. Supporter's Shield means nothing with the current playoff format, we are sick of this organization settling for mediocrity, and Andrulis needs to go.

24. joe guy

joe guy New Member

Apr 26, 2002
    Portland, OR
    What is so different about the Crew compared to other teams? You don't think Cubs or Red Sox fans have suffered for years and years? There is an entire world outside of Columbus, Ohio in case you didn't know, and sports fans throughout the world suffer all the time. It's frustrating, but that's part of being a SUPPORTER. Many of you guys need to get a better perspective on life, but as I've said before, I doubt if some of you ever will.

25. Looper121

Looper121 Member

United States
    Jun 19, 2003
    Sec 104
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have already signed up at www.getabetterperspectiveonlife.org...