Official 2024 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Japan 2 - 1 Korea DPR (extended highlights)
    Takahashi 26', Fujino 76' --- Kim Hye-yong 81'
    (att: 20 777)

KAPIJXM, Kakeru, Essex and 8 others repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    By rewatching these extended highlights I could appreciate some additional details:

- Risa Shimizu's amazing work-rate in any part of the pitch for the whole game. o_O:notworthy:

- in my eyes, it's confirmed that Japan should have had two PKs in the 2nd Half: Mina Tanaka's foot is clamped on the box's line; Kiko Seike anticipates Korean GK and is subsequently fouled by her. :devilish:

Miora, Elstree, #5nadeshikofan and 3 others repped this.
  3. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I agree with you. Writing "can play at left-back" was a bit of a stretch. She has played at left-back, but not that well. I still do not know what Albirex were doing with her.

You would not want her playing for Nadeshiko at left back. But I tend to think that for most of the left-backs that play for Nadeshiko. I know Ikeda tried Koga, but she is very much a work in progress.

I am still not sure why Koga or Tanikawa are in the Nadeshiko squad. Obviously they have a lot of talent - especially Tanikawa - but it would be nice to see them actually play on a regular basis senior football in their preferred position for a couple of months.

4. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    I know she isn’t a natural left back, but Hina Sugita played decently well there during the Tokyo Olympics no? I remember she outplayed Lucy Bronze who was in her prime. I’d rather have Sugita on the pitch than on the bench and all the other positions seem pretty set. If we are desperate to find a left back for a 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1 I don’t know why Ikeda won’t try her there.

5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I agree: I see her as one of our elite players and, although one can't sure randomly cram her in no matter what, I believe it's a crime not to find a role for her in our team. Especially now that Jun Endo is out injured, she should be tried somewhere on the left: even Left-Back is indeed a possibility.

6. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    Why would he play a versatile player with a lot of experience who plays successfully in one of the best leagues in the world when he can play an 18 year-old who has played one game in a mediocre league in Europe and the rest in Nadeshiko League 2? Why would he do that?

Maybe Sugita was injured or unfit, but if he really wants to play four at the back I agree with you, she would be pretty good. I really rate her and I wish he would use her more.

She and Shimizu are probably my two favourite players for Nadeshiko. There is also Kitagawa, but I doubt she will be in the team that long.

7. Essex

Essex Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Great result! Looking forward to Paris! :)

8. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    I'm watching the game, and fortunately for Japan the opponent was not Real Madrid or else the first goal would have been disallowed by Kumagai's offside :p

9. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    oh.. FYI our turnip stream friend Felipe has new youtube channel
    (I suppose his previous account was suspended).
    Here's the new address

10. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw

KAPIJXM, Miora, unepommekun and 8 others repped this.
  11. Ponde_Ringu

Ponde_Ringu Member+

May 17, 2021
    JFA chairman says they have begun preparations to file a complaint against AFC & North Korea about the mess that was the first leg.

Although they haven’t decided what the complaint will look like. It will mainly be about the risk of player injury and fair play. North Korean coach admitted his team was training in warm weather in Southern China for about a month before these games so they will probably request an investigation. They may also request AFC and North Korea compensate for the massive cancellation fees JFA had to pay (for the originally planned chartered flights, etc) due to the venue change.

Saki Kumagai is also in contact with FIFPro to help make sure something like this never happens again.

KAPIJXM, datschge, unepommekun and 7 others repped this.
  12. Kakeru

Kakeru Member+

Manchester United
    Japan
    Feb 22, 2016
    Montréal, QC, Canada
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I hope the AFC and North Korea will get properly hammered at the end of the proceedings because that was a glaring attempt at creating an unfair advantage against our girls. It's a miracle that we got out with the win while fairly unscathed as well.

The AFC better react with something appropriate because my overall impression is that they are as corrupt as CONCACAF and thus seem to enjoy picking on the same "good-guy" countries (Japan in Asia, Canada in CONCACAF).

KAPIJXM, lukephan, unepommekun and 6 others repped this.
  13. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's and tomorrow's games:

Today
    Mynavi vs Cerezo 14:05

Tomorrow
    Urawa vs Inac 12:00
    Ohmiya vs Chifure 14:00
    Nojima vs Beleza 14:00
    Nagano vs Jef 14:00
    Regina vs Albi 14:00

KAPIJXM, lukephan, Elstree and 3 others repped this.
  14. Elstree

Elstree Member

Iga FC
    Jul 21, 2022
    Be interesting to see if their new, ex-Nadeshiko League, forwards get a game and better, some goals.
    Katayama (Nippatsu), Ohtake (Setagaya) at Nojima
    Suzuki (Orca) and Kamiya (Nagoya) at Beleza

15. pierre bezukhov

pierre bezukhov Member+

AC Milan
    Japan
    Mar 7, 2018
    Japan
    I will be very surprised if they do not play at some point in the game. Mainly because hitherto this season Nojima have not really threatened the opposition's goal, so they need to do something different.

16. unepommekun

unepommekun Member+

Beleza
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2018
    Today's result:

WE League
    Mynavi (Hirosawa, Endo) 2-1 Cerezo (Takawa)

lukephan, KAPIJXM, blissett and 4 others repped this.
  17. Elstree

Elstree Member

Iga FC
    Jul 21, 2022
    Good news for Bunnys :thumbsup:

~Notice ~
    The manager/GK coach has been decided!
    ○ Director ○ Mr. Shimizu
    ○ GK coach ○ Mr. Onuki
    More information will be announced at a later date.
    2 weeks left until the opening.
    So that we can become a team that can compete well.

KAPIJXM, unepommekun, frideswide and 4 others repped this.
  18. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    Yui Hasegawa played whole match for Man City against Everton.

19. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012

20. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    AFC U20 Women's Championship 2024 Uzbekistan

Somebody has decided it's alright to play on this... :speechless:

Zrzut ekranu 2024-03-03 091936.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg

Japan plays tomorrow with Vietnam in different city. Dunno how does it look out there, but this pitch certainly wasn't cleared of snow in time. One half has more snow than the other, the ball stops dead in snow and don't bounce. Not to mention about danger to the players....

KAPIJXM, Ponde_Ringu, lukephan and 4 others repped this.
  21. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    all U20 Chapmpionship (also U17 Championship) matches are streamed on AFC Asian Cup yt

KAPIJXM, Elstree, Ponde_Ringu and 3 others repped this.
  22. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Injuries just waiting to happen

(AFC haven't exactly been serving the game very well recently)

KAPIJXM, Elstree, Stayfou and 3 others repped this.
  23. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Huge blunder by ref Kozumi for allowing this match to start. Game should've been postponed for an hour or so till all the snow is cleared. Also poor organization by the hosts as 20 men with shovels would have clear it in no time. (it looked like some coaches and other bench staff were clering this on their own before the game.) :devilish:

Stayfou, Ponde_Ringu, lukephan and 2 others repped this.
  24. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    Snow in Uzbekistan? o_O

25. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Instead of building a snowman/woman young Matildas have just scored the equaliser

(Can't ever recall ever seeing a snow-woman)

blissett repped this.