Official 2023 Rumors / Signings / Trades thread.

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by ragbone, Oct 21, 2022.

1. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  2. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    That was brutal. Nothing we haven’t said here, but to see it in black and white in the 5th largest newspaper in America is unpleasant.

The line “if this is indeed the bottom” was most telling. I don’t think we’ve hit rock bottom yet.

ProudNatRN, skydog, Geneva and 2 others repped this.
  3. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ouch. I hope a high profile article like Baxter's penetrates the AEG office suites.

hav77, AZUL GALAXY, JPAR and 3 others repped this.
  4. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    I doubt it will matter much. Klein has a very thin skin and he and AEG already think Baxter has an axe to grind against them because he has been critical of them in the past. They have likely made his life more difficult in certain respects and assume this is just part of the ongoing battle between them. I don't think Baxter has done much more than what a good journalist would do when news comes up (unlike his colleague Dylan Hernandez, who is stunningly unprofessional in his columns when he throws in side jabs about the Galaxy in articles that aren't even about soccer), but that's likely the narrative in AEG offices.

hav77, ProudNatRN, Geneva and 1 other person repped this.
  5. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Today is the first time I’ve actually had hope that Klein will fire or resign. So many people are picking up the LA Times articles and sharing it. The FO is getting ANNIHILATED.

We need this! They’re finally being held accountable

hav77, galvanator, ProudNatRN and 3 others repped this.
  6. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I wish all this had happened before they re-signed him to a five year deal. I tealize the re-up is a big driver of the outrage, but still...

Geneva repped this.
  7. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    #857 Benny Dargle, Feb 7, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
    It's now official, but we actually sold Harvey to Phoenix Rising rather than loaned him out. Makes sense. He had his moments with Los Dos. They tried him all over because his only chance of being valuable to the Galaxy was as a utility guy, which probably hurt his performance some, but at least we might a little something for him (I've only seen a sell-on percentage for a future transfer mentioned) and gave him a chance somewhere else.

TrickHog and hav77 repped this.
  8. AZUL GALAXY

AZUL GALAXY Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    This club is run to help friends and relatives, they don’t care about the fans:(

JPAR, hav77, skydog and 3 others repped this.
  9. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Should change name to the LA Nepotists for the rebranding effort.

AZUL GALAXY repped this.
  10. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA

ProudNatRN, hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  11. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    There is also this Yahoo article I saw posted up by our Reddit brethren: https://sports.yahoo.com/state-of-t...hlight-las-troubling-offseason-223020136.html

JPAR and Beirut repped this.
  12. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Quelle Surprise

1623449851685134338 is not a valid tweet id

LEM-LAG and hav77 repped this.
  13. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Great final quote from that article:

“It’s a simple fix, really. If Klein cares about the club, he should step down. If AEG cares about the club, they should force him to step down.

Actions speak louder than words. And right now, those in important leadership positions aren’t showing much of either.”

Berks, GalaxyOne, ragbone and 5 others repped this.
  14. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Allegedly LAFC have signed Aubameyang on loan and Chelsea will be paying his wages. Meanwhile our great hope for a new signing is Tyler Boyd.

There were many years in the past where we failed, but we were at least ambitious. Hell at this point I’d be up for OCFC to buy the Galaxy at least their ownership group tries.

skydog, ProudNatRN, JPAR and 2 others repped this.
  15. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Yes, this is almost as great as my ending to a paper I wrote in college as to why Hannibal Lecter is more evil than the shark from Jaws.

"...because people go to him for help, but he is the one who gets the helping.."

In all seriousness though, the Galaxy have been doing their best interpretation of Lost in Space. For me personally, it's been more and more difficult to remain a fan as each year passes with the same FO regime still in place. Can see myself just not caring anymore in the next couple of years if the trend continues. If the FO don't give a damn, then why should we fans do.

galvanator, ragbone, skydog and 2 others repped this.
  16. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Yep, came across that article and thought posting it but man, the negativity surrounding this team is already thick. Glad the articles keep coming tho, at least for the benefit of AEG, Klein and the whole FO gang over there. They need those swift kicks in the ass.

galvanator repped this.
  17. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Why would Chelsea send him to LA for $0 when they surely could have some of his salary covered in a million other places?

Weird isn’t it?

18. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    #868 Benny Dargle, Feb 9, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
    Looks like Araujo is gone, one way or another, although he could be loaned back to the Galaxy until the summer

19. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Same reason United let Zlatan go for free? :)

20. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

hav77 repped this.
  21. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, someone on twitter nicely (!!!) explained to me that Auba can’t play for a third UEFA team in same season (Barca and Chelsea already) so that makes it make a lot more sense. If you’re leaving UEFA until 6/30, why no go to LA and join the champs?

TrickHog repped this.
  22. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA

ProudNatRN, hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  23. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Since Aubameyang apparently turned down the move to LAFC, this is pretty much moot. However, the implication of their paying his salary would be a major hole in MLS's salary rules (and IIRC, part of the reason MLS turned down Bruce's attempted acquisition of Sasha). Therefore its my guess that LAFC had to take some sort of calary cap hit to even propose this to the league.

Lazy Assed Assassin and TrickHog repped this.
  24. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Huh that does start to make more sense.

I learned this transfer window you can’t loan out more than 8 players outside of your league In UEFA.

mbar and TrickHog repped this.
  25. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I’m taking a twitter hiatus. I just feel like I’m constantly doom scrolling.

Anyway, please please please tell me there are numerous player rumors out there. We’re a few weeks from opening day and I feel like this squad got worse somehow this off-season.

footballfantatic, Geneva, skydog and 3 others repped this.